It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowie Encounter in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.perthnow.com.au...

A Queensland truckie claims he eye-balled a hulking 3-metre tall Yowie in broad daylight before it punched his bonnet and melted into the bush. The delivery driver, identified only as Gary, says he was driving in the bushy Gold Coast hinterland on a November morning last year when he rounded a sharp right bend at Witheren and had the experience of his life. He slammed on his brakes after spotting what he thought was a boulder tumbling down a steep slope and onto the road. But then it moved. Was it a Yowie, Australia’s answer to the legendary Bigfoot or Yeti?

I call BS but hey there are some very believable encounters over the years.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Its a big country with a lot of virtually uninhabited areas . Now if only that truckie had a dash cam .

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
www.perthnow.com.au...

A Queensland truckie claims he eye-balled a hulking 3-metre tall Yowie in broad daylight before it punched his bonnet and melted into the bush. The delivery driver, identified only as Gary, says he was driving in the bushy Gold Coast hinterland on a November morning last year when he rounded a sharp right bend at Witheren and had the experience of his life. He slammed on his brakes after spotting what he thought was a boulder tumbling down a steep slope and onto the road. But then it moved. Was it a Yowie, Australia’s answer to the legendary Bigfoot or Yeti?

I call BS but hey there are some very believable encounters over the years.
I'm thinking his auto insurance won't pay for a boulder hitting his truck but will pay for yowie damage.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The area where the sighting alleged sighting occurred is a little lower than the g in Canungra . The area inside the red circled area is an army training ground .

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What's that region like? Geographically speaking? Population?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The dark green areas would be pretty devoid of humans with the exception of the army training grounds . Aussies usually dont venture to far into bushland like that . Fair chance if you do and are not prepared you aint coming out .

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: seagull

The dark green areas would be pretty devoid of humans with the exception of the army training grounds . Aussies usually dont venture to far into bushland like that . Fair chance if you do and are not prepared you aint coming out .

Don't forget tambourine mountain is full of witches and other unusual things.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Not really my neck of the woods so you would know a lot more about that than i do . I do know not a lot of us venture to far from a main road .lol. Hmmm that could be interesting , or we could go to the pub .

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I'm just about to drop my son of at a mates and venture out to the pub, hows that for synchronicity..

I agree, not many people are venturing into those areas, they are hot,dry and very isolated there could be all manner of things living there and we would be clueless to them.

I went to tambourine mountain with my gf last year for a few nights, it's very alternative if you're into that sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I am about to head to the club myself , its only 47c here .lol. Pub near me has free beer if it goes over 45c . Red lion hotel .

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

That's a great offer, with the current warming we are experiencing in oz they may need to raise it 48 degrees for free beer or risk going broke.

It hasn't rained where I am for almost 3 weeks, its just hot and dry, thankfully I'm on the coast where it doesn't reach the temps you are experiencing .
edit on 23-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Not really my neck of the woods so you would know a lot more about that than i do . I do know not a lot of us venture to far from a main road .lol. Hmmm that could be interesting , or we could go to the pub .

Might have even been old Wal, coming home from the pub. He should have given him a miss macks big country...

Never hear much about yowies.. everything else kills you before you get the chance, I think.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I am about to head to the club myself , its only 47c here .lol. Pub near me has free beer if it goes over 45c . Red lion hotel .

haha nothing says "Bloody hell it's hot!" like free dehydrating amber liquid.

was only 39 here 2 days ago, been raining and cold since. Have to buy me own beer. :/

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
2019 no photo or video nothing even of the damaged bonnet? Even if it wasn't that bad you'd still have some sort of damage. I think the story is bs. I even think this "gary" is bs..

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

On the beans ...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Do tell. Maybe not here in this thread, but maybe one of your own?? **puppy dog eyes**

Of course, puppy dog eyes from a 55 year old man would be kinda disturbing...

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Haha.... Niiice one Gary !!!

top topics

join