It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami hit Hong Kong in the 1930's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It was revealed yesterday in the South China Morning Post yesterday that Hong kong was hit by a Tsunami in the 1930's this has now prompted th
e the Government to come up with evacuation procedures, that could evacute the entire MTR (subway sytem) within 2 hours.

Also Hong Kong will now look into an Tsunami early warning system too.

God so Hong Kong isnt as safe as i imagined it would be.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
11 views and noone's commented
i'll try and did up a link

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Is Hong Kong as flat as the Phillipenes...would it be overrun by water like Phuket in Sri Lanka? Would some buildings have to 'take one for the team' and break the current of the water? Have you ever seen "The Day After Tommorow". I'm just making you feel better already with all this posting huh?

EDIT: No idea why I said Taiwan

[edit on 2/28/2005 by UnMature]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Interesting that as much as the Tsunami was a "mind blowing" once in a lifetime event for us (we hope), but it has brought out previous reports that we did not know. Some of my friends knew this one and most didn't.

After the Tsunami I found out that Christchurch/Lyttelton (Sth Island, New Zealand) was hit by a Tsunami in 1960. I live there and I hadn't known of that one either. That was started by an earthquake in Chile, so in that sense we were hit more like Africa was comparing it to the latest one.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
Is Taiwan as flat as the Phillipenes...would it be overrun by water like Phuket in Sri Lanka? Would some buildings have to 'take one for the team' and break the current of the water? Have you ever seen "The Day After Tommorow". I'm just making you feel better already with all this posting huh?

Cheers but i think you mean Hong Kong, H.K is mountainous but the the harbour front has skyscrapers. It does make 1 worry that it could happen.
I am still trying to locate a link or find 1!

new topics

top topics

join