It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump team accused of editing images

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

A number of pictures, first identified by the website Gizmodo, appear to show the president looking slimmer and neater than in the original version.

www.bbc.com...

I don't even know what to say anymore. Its BBC, and this is one of the top stories on their website as of time of posting.

How is this news? Who #ing cares if Trump or Trumps staff have his photos enhanced? Who doesn't in this day and age using filters on their cell phone? How is this news?

I'm just going to say, I'm Scottish and I have no dog in the political fight in the U.S beyond thinking that your president is a bit of an ass, but I do care about the time I live in and I'm a little bit concerned by the way the world is changing and how quickly its happening.

All day, every day...for all of us, we're constantly being bombarded by stories and information that whether true or not is paid for by someone somewhere that has an agenda and a goal. They want you to see this because it might influence you're opinion to their advantage. It's #ing crazy. Someone somewhere green lighted this stupid sh1t. What has this world come to?

Why aren't people more interested in the more important things? Sheesh.

edit on 23-1-2019 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, can you explain why you think he is an ass ?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wow, Trump is editing his pictures to look better? I don't agree that anyone should be editing their pictures or doing plastic surgery just to look better.....but I am just old fashioned, most people seem to be doing that these days. Hell, I rarely comb my hair nest when I go out in public....the wife makes me do it sometimes though if she is with me.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

No. There's endless footage, soundbites and credible commentary on the sum of his character, but this isn't about that at all. It doesn't matter what I think about Donald Trump.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
In this day and age, it would be a lot more surprising to find an image that hasn't been edited or altered in some way.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

This is a Joke , Get a Life ....................

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Pfffft as if you even have any hair, well maybe as much as Homer Simpson.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
Someone somewhere green lighted this stupid sh1t. What has this world come to?

Why aren't people more interested in the more important things? Sheesh.

Only what people are willing to believe.

edit on 23-1-2019 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I know right? But this is news deemed worthy by a premiere level news organisation that essentially serves an entire nation not far off from exclusively. They want us to think that these petty things matter whilst ignoring real news all the time. It's nuts.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It's not.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It's not.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I know right? But this is news deemed worthy by a premiere level news organisation that essentially serves an entire nation not far off from exclusively. They want us to think that these petty things matter whilst ignoring real news all the time. It's nuts.

I remember quite a number of years ago a prominent Australian investigative journalist quit because he wasn't allowed to report on the important things, he said he couldn't keep on the job in good conscience knowing what he did.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

The article you linked to is an example of what turned our former President gray in only 2 years. Opinion articles like that drove him batty.

Thankfully President Trump is guided by a lifetime of honing sound principles. Principles that he's doing his best to implement, without letting petty opinion pieces distract him in any way.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So the media ? Right, gotcha. Take care a reply to: RMFX1

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Remember when 'mom jeans' blew up ATS? Now this clown gets photoshopped to Kim Jong Un levels and its ... "meh"

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If it was me, and I found myself in a position like President, I'd never read the news again :p

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

Aww thanks man, I appreciate your reply.

Yeah media, accepting the fact that it's bull#..... Is bull#.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It’s hilarious he’s editing picture of his hands to make them look bigger. Not applying filters or anything like that, but photoshopping his hands bigger. Lol.

Everything you need to know about Donald Trump is wrapped up in that one action. And maybe the image from the White House of Lincoln’s gravy boats filled with McDonald’s sauces.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I remember reading about other presidents trying to enhance their public image. I think FDR concealed the fact he was in a wheelchair for a long time.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately this kind of stuff goes on with nearly every world leader to varying degrees. Considering that Trump walks around all day with permanent duck lips plastered on his face it doesn't surprise me that he is not above this sort of vanity.

Call it out. Fine. Personally, I find a bit of absurdist humor in the whole practice. I don't, however, see the need for mainstream media outlets to obsess over it as if the Trump administration is trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes and get one over as if it is proof of an autocratic regime. That is just absurd squared.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join