It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR reports on who's at fault for the maga kids debockal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Don't worry folks News Media has gotten to the bottom of the fake news reported this weekend regarding catholic students in Maga Hats, and Indian and a couple of black iseralits.

Here you have NPR fingering the blame for the debocal.

People outraged by a confrontation in front of the Lincoln Memorial had help in getting outraged. Nobody was harmed as a Native American drummer faced a group of primarily white Catholic school students. But the incident spread on social media, and it was boosted by a single Twitter account that has since been suspended. NPR's Laura Sydell reports Twitter says the account was using misleading information to manipulate the public conversation.

link - NPR

That's right it's not the News Media's fault for running heavy on a story they didn't verify.... nope they like the rest of us where duped by a single Twitter account using misleading information to manipulate the public.

Pay no attention to the fact that this single Twitter account could have never reach the public on such a wide scale with out the aid of lazy and/or corrupt journalists and editors... That's not even important enough to mention.

Read the rest of the artical to see just how a single Twitter account tricked the country into getting outraged.
edit on 23-1-2019 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Russian bots strike again!

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

That single (now banned) lil Twitter account did us ALL a HUGE favor in showing how intellectually lazy, deranged, biased, and bigoted...the MSM and the Left truly is.

Contrary to it's original intent...that one little Tweet ended up leaving the entire Left with egg all over their face.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They haven't completely given up yet! Now they are trying to say that the kids still deserved what they got because they were supposedly harassing girls previous to the incident. Some people are just like a mad dog with a bone!

One of many such articles

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
NPR...... unbiased ? NPR is only a curiosity, best taken in very small doses. Makes 'liberal' look conservative . OAC would be right at home there. Anyone good has been fired in recent years. So.... if you tout NPR, I burst into hysterical laughter.

edit on 23-1-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
a reply to: IAMTAT

They haven't completely given up yet! Now they are trying to say that the kids still deserved what they got because they were supposedly harassing girls previous to the incident. Some people are just like a mad dog with a bone!

One of many such articles

Yeah...we're seeing their freak outs.
Nobody likes to admit they've been conned into showing the world their true colors.

...In this case, the colors 'stupid' and 'bigoted'.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Half the country is outraged because the media play you all like a fiddle, then you come on these boards saying how media have shafted you all, it's comical and you guys can't even see the strings that pull you .

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sadly the publicly funded media is just as biased as the private news media. I truly hope that the Cov Cath kids sue these MSM clowns for destroying their lives. There needs to be financial consequences for thes false stories if we want them to stop.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Half the country is outraged because the media play you all like a fiddle, then you come on these boards saying how media have shafted you all, it's comical and you guys can't even see the strings that pull you .

Tell me about it. You speak the truth. Some people it seemingly consumes them.
edit on 23-1-2019 by iplay1up2 because: Add stuff

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Debacle.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Sadly the publicly funded media is just as biased as the private news media. I truly hope that the Cov Cath kids sue these MSM clowns for destroying their lives. There needs to be financial consequences for thes false stories if we want them to stop.

Safe bet...lawyers are beating down their doors.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

News media doesn't care about the accuracy of a story, they only care about clicks or views, sensationalism sells. Why everyone is so shocked when they get something wrong is beyond me. With the entertainment of politics and news entertainment today does it surprise you when they get something wrong?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
DNC deep cover operations department at work 😎

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I apologize for the misspelling. I have a disability that makes it difficult.

What's your opinion in the fact that a single twitter account has the ability to insnare the country for a week? First in tricking liberal minded people into hating children and than tricking conservative minded people into becoming angery over fake news?

Do you agree with NPR that this is the fault of that Twitter account?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

News media doesn't care about the accuracy of a story, they only care about clicks or views, sensationalism sells. Why everyone is so shocked when they get something wrong is beyond me. With the entertainment of politics and news entertainment today does it surprise you when they get something wrong?

cuz they always 'get something wrong' in the same way. Duke lacrosse players e.g. conservatives are always the bad guys and minorities are always righteous. Orange man bad, Pelosi good. Kavanaugh bad, accusers good.
the media isn't interested in informing people. it wants to indoctrinate. they deliver political talking points, not news.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Russian bots strike again!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I happened across an OP-ed by CNN claiming the same thing. It was some bot/troll and 'other' news media fault for running with the story, sans facts.

Tone deaf and complete lack of self awareness.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There is always a lesson to be learned from events like this. Unfortunately, most people seem only interested in tearing down imagined enemies instead of admitting when they were wrong, learning from their mistakes and bettering themselves as a human being for the betterment of all of society. We seem to have lost the simple societal tenet of you don't have to agree with the person taking this ride with you, but you must love them as a person and respect their right to their own ideas and perceptions. No one person is ever wholly right or wholly wrong. There are things we can all learn from each other no matter how fervently you think you disagree with them because they choose to wear a red hat or black mask.

I know it is not impossible to do this because I myself changed my mind when I at first saw the initial media-driven account and then later took the time to be intellectually curious and viewed the other unedited videos in their entirety. I'm certainly no genius so I know a lack of intelligence isn't the underlying issue here. The only difference between me and the people who refuse to change their opinions despite the overwhelming evidence that we were wrong is that they have been indoctrinated into an ideological cult while I have not.

As far as the media spin goes and their complete refusal to take responsibility in the matter -- well, they are getting what is coming to them. Online media is facing massive layoffs despite an upturn in the economy. What do you think is going to happen when a recession hits? These fools have epitomized the old adage of putting their foots in their collective mouths. They also fail to realize that the reason those extremist far right fake news sites that they hate so much keep growing is because of the mainstream media's intellectual dishonesty as was on full display here. Any psychologist will tell you, never lie to a paranoid person. They will sniff it out before anyone else. Doesn't mean that their thinking is pure or they will come to the right conclusions themselves -- but they will certainly know when you are feeding them a line. The rise of the far right extremist fake news phenomena is the canary in the coal mine that suggests something is very wrong with the press and the mainstream media at large. This should be self-evident at this point.
edit on 23-1-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sooth

I agree, your last paragraph was very insightful.

It's been going on for a long time and far right extremist fake news will be the least of the worries when normal very day people start turning away as well. If you can't trust what you hear in the news or your government you really have no other choice but to take maters into your own hands. If everyone starts doing that its not going to be a good time for anyone.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

"Debockal", I love it, just what is needed in a debacle.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join