It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING POTUS RESPONDS to Nancy Pelosi as she cancels The State of the Union

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Not sure how she can "cancel" this? Or why she would even want to? Anyone else confused as to what the big deal is? She truly seems to be scared of him talking to people, that or she's just that childish and petty... Anyway not trying to argue with anyone on this just don't get why she or the Democrats think this is a good idea... I can't see her being in the position she is in very long with all the crap she is pulling including racking up massive bills on booze and family fun at the expense of the US taxpayer.

townhall.com...

Hope this is enough to start a new thread!

edit on 23-1-2019 by tensetek because: to add my

edit on Wed Jan 23 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed radical from title

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don’t understand why he can’t just give the speech from the Whitehouse.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

The tradition has always been to make the Address in person in front of all the Senators, Congresspeople, Supreme Court Justices and other "guests".

Impact.

😎

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tensetek

Summary of what was said? I can't watch video right now.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

or she's just that childish and petty

While she may be a scared of the President giving his message to the people and making her and the obstructionist Democrats look bad; I truly believe the correct answer is she is just that childish and petty.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
what morons vote these people back into office?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

He can, however, Pelosi and her cronies are breaking with tradition just to be childish and petty. Why shouldn't she let him make the State of the Union address where it has always been made? There truly is no good answer which means you are asking the wrong question in the first place.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The tradition has always been to make the Address in person in front of all the Senators, Congresspeople, Supreme Court Justices and other "guests".

Impact.

😎

It’s tradition to give the speech too....just give it anywhere that he can guarantee safety.
Better than not giving it at all.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tensetek

Not sure how she can "cancel" this? Or why she would even want to? Anyone else confused as to what the big deal is? She truly seems to be scared of him talking to people, that or she's just that childish and petty... Anyway not trying to argue with anyone on this just don't get why she or the Democrats think this is a good idea... I can't see her being in the position she is in very long with all the crap she is pulling including racking up massive bills on booze and family fun at the expense of the US taxpayer.

townhall.com...

Hope this is enough to start a new thread!

Seems Pelosi wants to break with long standing tradition and cancel the state of the union address, because she's so deep into hating President Trump , that she can't see how this hurts our country and drives a wedge of disunity into the heart of our country.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The President gets to give the State of the Union speech wherever he wants. I don't get the safety issue either. They have the capability to go anywhere in the world. I think they can handle this. I think a lot of them don't want to be seen on t.v. showing their true colors, looking bad because they're not going to stand and clap, etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Man, I hate listening to him sometimes as he rambles and hops from subject to subject, but the overall gist is that Nancy initially invited him to the House well into the shut down before she changed her mind.

He talked about him being safe in Iraq and that security wasn't an issue there so it shouldn't be an issue in the middle of Washington.

Specifically about SOTU, he said, "we'll do something in the alternative, we'll be talking to you about that at a later date."

I didn't listen beyond that because as I said, he tends to ramble and hop from subject to subect, but to me that is the important part of the video which you would want to know.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So I read on another thread, that he is going to do it next week, by the boarder. I think that is a good idea. Make a point of what this is all about. I really hope he nails it.

Make her look even worse than she is making herself look.
edit on 23-1-2019 by chiefsmom because: I think I spelled border wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Why not just barge in and address the union and if Nancy does not show up and take her seat, who cares.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Safety is always guaranteed in the House Chamber.

Pelosi was proven wrong about those comments she made on the MSM venue. 😎

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Why not just barge in and address the union and if Nancy does not show up and take her seat, who cares.

MSM would have a field day calling him a party crasher 😆

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
what morons vote these people back into office?

The fools that have no clue when they're being taken advantage of.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
They should really be on hands and knees kissing Trump’s feet.

If it were me, I would announce that the SOTU Address will begin at 9pm sharp on January and will be givien in the House per normal, however the House of Representatives stands adjourned for the next 30 days as per enumerated powers of Article 2 of the US Constitution.
edit on 23-1-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Look how Nancy Pelosi reacts when informed that her indictment is imminent.
twitter.com...

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Speaker Pelosi is a very petty individual.

Trump has offered DACA extension more than once and a whole bunch of other democrat goodies in exchange for the wall.

Democrats have been saying no to ALL OF IT since well before the shutdown and before the election.

Democrats keep playing the victim here while simultaneously making themselves champions of the illegal to the exclusion of what Americans might think or want.
edit on 23 1 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join