It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t let them tell you that you are anti-immigrant because you oppose illegal immigration

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Propagandalf

Illegal immigration across the Mexican border has been steadily going down instead of a border wall I would propose more border patrol agents.

Just a small quibble, but border apprehensions have been steadily going down. That's the only metric they have to gauge illegal immigration across the Mexican border.

How many did they not apprehend? We cannot know.
edit on 23-1-2019 by Propagandalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Some might remember when I was an Obama defending liberal too.

LoL I do, I do, but the difference is you were always willing to let facts challenge your viewpoint......as we all should be.....

Everything is so galvanized at this point though that its rare to find.......

Youve come a long way my friend!

I would like to know though, how much did being in the military, and traveling and everything do to change those viewpoints?
edit on 1/23/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I sort legal immigration as long as the people are checked out well by the government and are not criminals or their beliefs differ too extremely from the ones in our society. I do not support bending our society to fit the beliefs of Immigrants though, My grandfather had rules to follow to fit in or he would have went to jail or would have been deported.

Why should immigrants or illegal immigrants have more rights than our ancestors had when they came to America? People are looking the other way for illegal Mexicans, but would never look the other way if the illegal was from Sweden, Finland, or China.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I can see your point. As for me, I am anti immigrant to a large degree. It's not racial, I don't even want immigration from Europe. Of course I am absolutely against illegal immigration.

We have enough Americans. If someone is in a position to benefit America then sure, bring them in. But not masses of people. We don't need people to be settlers like we did when the country was being founded. We should have immigration caps at least.

Everything needs to be merit based. We should get rid of most of these H1B guest workers. Train Americans.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I can appreciate that honesty.

But that get’s to the question of what it means to be American, and I don’t think nativism has ever been an American principle. I think it a mistake to deprive the country of the talents and virtues of meritorious foreigners.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You misread me. Talents and virtues of meritorious foreigners are what we should look for. Merit based not masses.

It's not a question of race or principles. In the past we were expanding. We needed to develop the wilderness. That's finished now. We don't need millions of people anymore. Yes collect the best from around the world but the country is developed. We have reached the Pacific ocean. There are no wagon trains anymore.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

You misread me. Talents and virtues of meritorious foreigners are what we should look for. Merit based not masses.

It's not a question of race or principles. In the past we were expanding. We needed to develop the wilderness. That's finished now. We don't need millions of people anymore. Yes collect the best from around the world but the country is developed. We have reached the Pacific ocean. There are no wagon trains anymore.

I did. I’m sorry for misrepresenting you. I saw “anti-immigrant” and glazed over.

There is a case to be made against immigration for overpopulation, definitely.

I would argue that doesn’t make you anti-immigrant. I’m probably nitpicking, but I think swelling the anti-immigrant category with people who aren’t anti-immigrant might give off the wrong impression.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I sort legal immigration as long as the people are checked out well by the government and are not criminals or their beliefs differ too extremely from the ones in our society. I do not support bending our society to fit the beliefs of Immigrants though, My grandfather had rules to follow to fit in or he would have went to jail or would have been deported.

Why should immigrants or illegal immigrants have more rights than our ancestors had when they came to America? People are looking the other way for illegal Mexicans, but would never look the other way if the illegal was from Sweden, Finland, or China.

That’s multiculturalism. Thankfully, the US stresses assimilation. Hopefully it remains that way.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Is it so difficult to believe that maybe—just maybe—it is the “illegal” part people take issue with, and not the “immigrant” part?

What's ironic is that the same holds true on the left - most are not OK with illegal immigration, the majority want something in place that makes sense to alleviate the problems with immigration, drugs and so on - they just want something more sensible than a giant, expensive steel wall that actually won't address the major problems.

But the right have no problem at with the thought process of "Liberals WANT drugs, murder and completely open borders!" Which is ludicrous. But apparently not wanting a steel wall is exactly the same as wanting completely open borders and all the problems that would come with it.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Don’t let them tell you that you are for open border because you oppose a wall . It’s a lie. And even worse than that, it demonizes borders. The hypocrisy is ripe on this board. There are numerous option that would work better yet Trump will not settle for them he NEEDS this wall for his (mostly)uneducated base to see that he followed on a nonsensical campaign promise, what about mexico paying for it

www.youtube.com...

oh wait he never said that.

I am still waiting for the apology, I bet that will happen
edit on 24-1-2019 by UniformKilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UniformKilo

I must says it’s quite odd that critics are repeating the same irrelevant arguments.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: UniformKilo

I must says it’s quite odd that critics are repeating the same irrelevant arguments.

Maybe there's something to that NPC meme...Nah...Couldn't be.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So the fact that the drug and crime problem in america has .1% to do with the southern border "wall" is irrelevant hmmm that is a really well laid out argument sir I commend you on you response. That 5.7 Billion would be better spent to update present security protocols and hire more CBP officers update existing portions of the wall. But NO he needs this stupid wall with his name....It just like newly minted CEO's/Commanders I have worked under, they have to come in a make a big change that is on the most part unnecessary so they have a bullet point to put on their resume sometime many small changes work, but you can't hang your hat on those./

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniformKilo

So the fact that the drug and crime problem in america has .1% to do with the southern border "wall" is irrelevant hmmm that is a really well laid out argument sir I commend you on you response. That 5.7 Billion would be better spent to update present security protocols and hire more CBP officers update existing portions of the wall. But NO he needs this stupid wall with his name....It just like newly minted CEO's/Commanders I have worked under, they have to come in a make a big change that is on the most part unnecessary so they have a bullet point to put on their resume sometime many small changes work, but you can't hang your hat on those./

None of that has anything to do with the topic or what I argued.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There should be ZERO equivocation. It spits in the face off all that endured great hardship and in many cases severe racism and or bigotry to earn their citizenship. a reply to: Propagandalf

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

They can call me anti-immigrant. We have enough immigrants, legal or otherwise. We could stand to send most of them back, and strictly vet anyone else who wants to enter.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is 2019 and the strongest nation on the planet should have full control of every inch of border.

This is not some star wars super program.

The aliens are showing a complete disrespect and arrogance when it come to the American immigration system.

And what many dont tell you,,,the reason why they are leaving is because they are known for having more babies then what their means or societies means can handle.

They have over populated towns and resources and jobs are sparse.

And this mentality will soon come to a neighborhood near you. Funded by you.

And the blue wave will keep the doors open and keep them out of prisons when they commit crimes.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

The USCIS has used over inflated, inexact and stretched unknowns to direct policies against visa overstays. The mainstream media and politicians have 'cherry picked' the information recently to conflate the border issues.

One example of many: Forbes, June 2018

Buying into a very flawed reporting system and flying it up the pole to salute is exactly why the figures are distorted, main stream media reports as a "look here not there". People buy into it without reading anything about where and why the information is derived.

That said, drugs pour over the southern border, period. Not simple ports of entry. I mean really?
Drug seazures are down over the border with mitigating factors not due to enforcement. Meth is now the drug of choice in half the United States west, marajana legalization decreased the flood. Two items that now are predominately homemade and homegrown now. Southern border drug trafficking is still a major issue though.

Clarity Way..(maps and info)

Comparing border aprehentions to visa overstays is not an equal comparison at all, period.

People illegally crossing the border and not apprehended is a 'best guess', obviously it is done.
Visa overstays are a guess and a relative unknown that carries over year to year. Border aprehentions vs. Visa overstays are not a comparable argument; likewise incomparable for the premise "more people overstay their visas...".

5 billion for a wall? Spend it. Why not? If it works it works, if not so be it. The US spends far more on just B.S.

I live in a border State, the border patrol support the construction, I say listen to the people that actually deal with the immigration fiasco the US currently owns.

The non physical wall should be the issue and it's clouded by continuously uninformed arguments and political twistings. Challenge Congress to enforce laws.. no work for illegals, no sanctuary cities and no renting or selling to illegals etc. Self deportation starts and enticement to endanger ends.

Mg

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

I agree with your post whole heartedly. I would like to add though: Don't let them tell you that you are for open borders because you oppose a border wall.

Actually, the "open borders," and the abolition of ICE, is what democrats in power and the left in general have lately been rooting for... If they don't want to enforce immigration laws, and want immigrants getting illegally into the U.S. that is the very definition of "open borders."

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
They're pandering to the second generation immigrants. It's no secret that the majority of illegal immigrants from the 90's who were able to marry and have kids had quite a lot of them.

That leaves us with a lot of 20-somethings today who feel kind of awkward about their citizenship status. Full legal citizens whose parents are subject to deportation. With aunts, uncles, and cousins on the other side that can't legally come to visit.

That's who the dems are trying to appease.

It's just a cold hard, numbers calculation. How many of these second gen votes can they get, and will it be enough to tip a close election. And it has been turning out to achieve exactly that in some cases.

It's very telling that dems gained footing in the House, but not the Senate. In the House, you're going for a district, rather than a whole state. And, at a statistical/demographic level, second generation hispanic voters tend be highly concentrated in certain geographic areas. Sing the right song in the right district, and you can get an easy majority.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join