It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York legislature votes to legalize abortion up to birth, let non-doctors commit abortions

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I don't even oppose abortion. I do however think there should be a reasonable cut off date.

Under this law the baby could be aborted the day before it is expected to be born. Some babies are several weeks early, so as far as i'm concerned aborting that child is murder.

Allowing non-doctors to perform life threatening operations is also a level of stupid I don't think i've seen before.

New York can go screw itself that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Can a Clinical Social Worker now perform abortions in NY?

I will reproduce part of a post by ElectricUniverse from here.

The following is right from the bill.

§ 2599-bb. Abortion. 1. A health care practitioner licensed, certi-
43 fied, or authorized under title eight of the education law, acting with-
44 in his or her lawful scope of practice, may perform an abortion when,
45 according to the practitioner's reasonable and good faith professional
46 judgment based on the facts of the patient's case: the patient is within
47 twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an
48 absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the
49 patient's life or health.

nyassembly.gov...
------

Since it must be "in his or her lawful scope of practice" I would think a midwife at least or a nurse-midwife.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

So at what age do all you stop caring?
Just in general I mean.

Lot of people up in arms over this.

I mean so many of you are talking #.
Getting scopes ready.

Someone the other day said make hiring illegals a crime and if someone breaks that law then send them to gitmo for some waterboarding.

But the babies.

Omg the babies.

You're all a joke.

Typical.

You care oh so much about that little soon to be life but dont care at all about people actual living.

So what's the deal?

You're all as disgusting as you think abortions are.

You are the only one talking #, we all know you don't care about anything.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: UKTruth
To be even more honest, you need to open your eyes. Far left ideology has seeped into the noblest of professions...

Really disappointed in this belief by some people that only the far left believe in abortion and / or the OPs central point that full-term abortions will be accepted. It's a ludicrous assertion. The whole abortion debate in the US has been hijacked by loons from all political and religious extremes. It's been that way for years.

I'm not sure it's any ideology other than the radical left who want to be able to abort babies an instant before they are actually born. Let's address the key ideology that is driving this madness.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Definitely don't care about people getting abortions.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I don't know if you're male or female, but I would bet dollars to donuts you are not and never will be a loving mother or a father. One cannot say what you said and have that "caring" gene that instinctively knows the preciousness of an emerging life.

IMO, a woman that would have an abortion at this late stage other than for the death of the baby in the womb, should be a serious candidate for sterilization. She does not need to become a mother....ever.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I don't know if you're male or female, but I would bet dollars to donuts you are not and never will be a loving mother or a father. One cannot say what you said and have that "caring" gene that instinctively knows the preciousness of an emerging life.

IMO, a woman that would have an abortion at this late stage other than for the death of the baby in the womb, should be a serious candidate for sterilization. She does not need to become a mother....ever.

i have a son and a daughter

do the usual and talk # about me being a bad parent now cause i dont agree with you

i feel the preciousness of MY childs emerging life. sure

what the hell do i care about your unborn fetus, not baby for?
keep with the outrage all you want

zero problems personally with people choosing abortion.

pro choice but my wife and i would not do it.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You don't get a say in that choice, so it's your wife that would not do it.

Your wife sounds pro-life then.
edit on 24-1-2019 by Muninn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

You don't get a say in that choice, so it's your wife that would not do it.

Your wife sounds pro-life then.

you may not get a say in that choice

i do

dont really know what to tell you

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

i have a son and a daughter

do the usual and talk # about me being a bad parent now cause i dont agree with you

i feel the preciousness of MY childs emerging life. sure

what the hell do i care about your unborn fetus, not baby for?
keep with the outrage all you want

zero problems personally with people choosing abortion.

So I am guessing you have no problem with those parents who decide to kill their children since it is their choice, not your problem, and you would never do that? No biggy, no reason to shame them nor punish them too right?

Edit add: my issue is that it seems like the desensativity line regarding life constantly gets redrawn most by those who state they would never do this themselves but will not infringe on another's right of choice. If you don't speak up for those with no voice...one day you will find your voice is meaningless and choice will be taken from you.
edit on 1 24 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The law disagrees with you so yea you get no choice.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

So I am guessing you have no problem with those parents who decide to kill their children since it is their choice, not your problem, and you would never do that? No biggy, no reason to shame them nor punish them too right?

you are talking about people killing people

not the same as abortion

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

The law disagrees with you so yea you get no choice.

ok.
cool

if you say so

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

not the same as abortion

Yeah, it really is when it's up to the point of birth. It's killing a human being. What's worse, it's killing a defenceless and innocent human being. It's worse than murdering an adult in my view. Let's not hide behind the term 'abortion'.

edit on 24/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

not the same as abortion

I was editing but will requote for clarity:

Edit add: my issue is that it seems like the desensativity line regarding life constantly gets redrawn most by those who state they would never do this themselves but will not infringe on another's right of choice. If you don't speak up for those with no voice...one day you will find your voice is meaningless and choice will be taken from you.

Not much difference. The choice is usually made during the sexual act. Rape victims had no choice, but most know they were raped and have no need to wait to 9 months! Responsibility for personal choices should not be eliminated.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

not the same as abortion

So I don't guess a "bundle of cells" is a baby (people) until it's outside the womb....

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
People that don't examine the full scope will hear only this: " ........if the woman's life or health is at stake."

They will think that makes sense. That's as far as they will go.

They need to comprehend that 'health' includes, not just physical or disease issues, but mental, psychological, and social well-being. That is opening a HUGE CAN OF WORMS.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

not the same as abortion

So I don't guess a "bundle of cells" is a baby (people) until it's outside the womb....

That is what is so scary about this kind of thinking. Every living thing is a bundle of cells...where they draw the line currently is in utero...what if that line continues to move? That newborn or toddler cannot fend for itself...raising children has financially and emotionally draining...or the other end of spectrum...someone disabled or elderly?

Thinking about it...didn't that view hold some weight in German History?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

but mental, psychological, and social well-being.

Then why are they putting themselves in the position to face pregnancy in the first place? Abortion isn't and will never be a viable method of birth control.
edit on 1/24/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

To be even more honest, you need to open your eyes. Far left ideology has seeped into the noblest of professions...

Really disappointed in this belief by some people that only the far left believe in abortion and / or the OPs central point that full-term abortions will be accepted. It's a ludicrous assertion. The whole abortion debate in the US has been hijacked by loons from all political and religious extremes. It's been that way for years.

I'm not sure it's any ideology other than the radical left who want to be able to abort babies an instant before they are actually born. Let's address the key ideology that is driving this madness.

Let's be fair ... If you're PP, this would give you much better "products of conception" for your customers.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join