It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York legislature votes to legalize abortion up to birth, let non-doctors commit abortions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just sickening, lost what little respect I had for that hell hole of a state. I really question what this world is coming to.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yeah 81% of Americans means many of the Democrats are opposed also. This crosses party lines.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The state Senate voted 38-24, and the Assembly passed it 92-47.

There are 39 Democrats in New York's state Senate, so all Democrats in the Senate, except one, voted in favor for this bill.

There are 106 Democrats in New York's state Assembly, and 92 of them voted in favor for this. The majority of Democrats in both of New York's houses voted in favor for this.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
Just sickening, lost what little respect I had for that hell hole of a state. I really question what this world is coming to.

For years, including a few months ago, I pointed out in various threads that this was the path that Democrats/Liberals were taking us into in regards to abortion. What's worse is that the next step after this is "to legalize after birth abortion."

Since there is no difference whatsoever between a baby that is to be born that day, and a newborn baby, the passing of this bill makes it easy to argue that the "life of newborns don't matter either and they have no rights."

Already several Democrat and Liberal philosophers, researchers, doctors, etc, have made this argument.

Abstract

Abortion is largely accepted even for reasons that do not have anything to do with the fetus' health. By showing that (1) both fetuses and newborns do not have the same moral status as actual persons, (2) the fact that both are potential persons is morally irrelevant and (3) adoption is not always in the best interest of actual people, the authors argue that what we callafter-birth abortion’ (killing a newborn) should be permissible in all the cases where abortion is, including cases where the newborn is not disabled.

jme.bmj.com...

edit on 23-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add excerpt and link.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

There is only one page in the bill...

Did Democrats and Liberals in both houses of New York pass this bill, yes or not?...

Does the bill allow the murder of the HUMAN unborn up to the day they are to be born, yes or not?...

Does the bill abolishes homicide charges for the murder of the unborn up to the day they are to be born, yes or not?...

Isn't this to choose death over life for the unborn even up to the day/second that baby is to be born, yes or not?...

The one making light of this decision, and denying indisputable facts is you, among some others.

edit on 23-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

New York is not the whole of the country though. It's quite different with Democrats in other areas. New York, I'm not surprised. I suspect moderate Democrats can't get in office there.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Did you believe this was possible yesterday?

You don't think democrat cities/states will go along with this, when even Hillary Clinton made this same argument?

BTW, the above interview shows how ignorant Hillary Clinton is on this topic. Roe v Wade does not allow the murder of the child up to the day it is to be born. Roe v Wade states that on the third trimester the state can choose to intervene because life is viable.

Also watch the reaction of the public when that evil witch makes the claim.

edit on 23-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Also watch the reaction of the public when that evil witch makes the claim.

I’m sure The View stacks their audience with left wing types, and that particular day they most likely had the extreme pink hatted lesbian feminists who will cheer at the death of a nine month old baby simply because the woman had the choice.
The hatred in their cheer is palpable.😕

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

There are countless women in the left who agree with this decision. Not to mention that the majority of Democrats in power elsewhere in the nation also agree with this.

Bills like this one always start in one state, and then such bills are accepted in many others.

This type of bill will be introduced in other Democrat cities/states, and although maybe not all democrat cities/states will accept it, a lot of them will accept such a bill, and it will pass it. Just like it passed in New York.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Abortion, Politics - U.S.Tue Jan 22, 2019 - 6:20 pm EST
Calvin Freiburger

ALBANY, New York, January 22, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – Both chambers of the New York state legislature voted Tuesday on legislation to enshrine a “fundamental right” to abortion in state law and eliminate protections for preborn babies until birth, in votes set to mark the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

The state Senate voted 38-24 in favor of the so-called “Reproductive Health Act” Tuesday evening, the Albany Times-Union reports, a bill that has repeatedly cleared the state Assembly in years past but been blocked by the formerly-Republican Senate. Following the Senate vote, the Assembly passed it 92-47.

The bill declares that “Every individual who becomes pregnant has the fundamental right to choose to carry the pregnancy to term, to give birth to a child, or to have an abortion,” erases the state’s recognition of preborn babies older than 24 weeks as potential homicide victims, removes abortion from the penal code entirely, and allows licensed health practitioners other than full doctors to commit abortions.

www.lifesitenews.com...

Democrats in New York have elected to take away all rights for the unborn up to the day the human fetus is to be born.

The bill, which I am linking again below, gives women the right to abort for any reason, and removes all protections for the unborn. This bill also takes away homicide charges if a murderer kills a pregnant woman. No longer is the life of the unborn defended in any circumstance, including murder, by this bill.

By Nicole Brown
[email protected] @ncb417
Updated January 23, 2019 6:59 AM

The Reproductive Health Act maintains the 24-week limit under which women can seek abortions but adds a provision for abortions at any time if the baby would not survive the birth. Additionally, the act permits abortions at any point if it is necessary to protect the mother's life or health.

www.amny.com...

Many people in the left claim that Roe vs Wade allows for abortion for any "health related issue", but it doesn't. Instead Doe v. Bolton redefined what "health of the mother" actually means. It includes allowing abortion under any circumstance, including "physical, emotional, psychological, familial and the woman's age." This even includes "economic reasons" as a viable excuse to allow abortions.

REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH ACT

Abortion: What the 'Health' Exemption Really Means

Democrats and Liberals have once again shown to have no regard for human life, since all protections of the unborn will be repealed if Cuomo signs this bill, which he has stated he would sign such a bill.

What this bill does is legalizing infanticide, since there is no difference between a baby who is to be born in the last day of pregnancy, and a baby that has just been born.

Democrats and Liberals have once again chosen death over life, and have chosen to take away all rights of the unborn.

In the past I have shown that Democrats and Liberals will expand on abortion, and this bill proves it. But what's more this is not the only expansion "Democrats and Liberals want."

The next step in the left agenda will be to legalize "after birth abortions," and you can be sure that just like this bill has garnered the votes of democrats on both houses, "after birth abortion" will also garner the votes of the left in both houses in a not so distant future.

After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?

‘After-birth abortion’? Judge lets woman walk after drowning her newborn

After-Birth Abortions: College Students Increasingly Support Infanticide

Pretty important to include this part of the law.

Finally, it legalizes abortion after 24 weeks in cases where it would protect a woman's health or where a fetus is not viable. State law previously only allowed abortions after 24 weeks if the woman's life was in jeopardy.
Link

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I didn’t mean to imply it was only extreme left wingers agreeing with this decision.
But I can see it start there and then spread , and before you know it , as you said, many states are making similar laws.

This is so cruel and truly heartbreaking.😔

I am legitimately concerned about what they will do with the bodies. Science has so little dignity for the human body that they wish to use, to further advance studies. They tell us it’s for the good of mankind, but at what cost to the dignity of the poor little aborted child.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

To be honest I expected it to happen in some state soon. As to Hillary, that's been her stance. She is right, at this time the unborn have no enumerated rights. I say late term abortion is infanticide, the law does not.

I'm most concerned with whether or not this evolves into euthanizing less than perfect children at the time of birth. I think we are one generation away from that.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yet another in a long list of reasons to avoid that place with a passion, how anyone could vote for that and sleep well is astounding to me.

Then I have to wonder about the people that vote these people in and then vote for them again...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

When slavery was legal, slave owners used to kill their slaves whenever they wanted because slaves weren't considered human.

I don't see any difference between slave-owners of old and pro-abortionists.

My opinion.

You don't like it?

Tough.

EDIT: Not you OP.

edit on 23-1-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

To be honest I expected it to happen in some state soon. As to Hillary, that's been her stance. She is right, at this time the unborn have no enumerated rights. I say late term abortion is infanticide, the law does not.

I'm most concerned with whether or not this evolves into euthanizing less than perfect children at the time of birth. I think we are one generation away from that.

She is not right. Roe v Wade does not allow unlimited abortion on the third trimester.

Roe v Wade, in regards to the third trimester of pregnancy, whose right to abort
The state has acquired a compelling interest which would override the woman's right to privacy & justify stringent regulation even to the extent of prohibiting Abortions.

Legal Aspects- Chapter 14 Abortion

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Thanks, I need to read up on that before I comment.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Actually, New York State is now endorsing MURDER. I don't know which state is worse when it comes to SIN.. New York, or California.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Pretty important to include this part of the law.

As important as to point out that it also includes "anything that affects the woman's health." Seriously, how many times does this has to be pointed out?

(Made a mistake because I had several browsers opened)

The following is right from the bill.

§ 2599-bb. Abortion. 1. A health care practitioner licensed, certi-
43 fied, or authorized under title eight of the education law, acting with-
44 in his or her lawful scope of practice, may perform an abortion when,
45 according to the practitioner's reasonable and good faith professional
46 judgment based on the facts of the patient's case: the patient is within
47 twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an
48 absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the
49 patient's life or health.

nyassembly.gov...

The Doe v. Bolton case defined thehealth of the mother in such a way that any abortion for any reason could be protected by the language of the decision. Its definition of health includes “all factors—physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age—relevant to the well-being of the patient. ALL these factors may relate to health.

www.all.org...

edit on 23-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The only way to take this further is to murder babies outright.

Moloch anyone?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Actually, New York State is now endorsing MURDER. I don't know which state is worse when it comes to SIN.. New York, or California.

Unfortunately California will be next, or not too long down the road.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join