It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Michael Jackson Trial begins.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
One of the most anticipated celebrity trials ever is starting in a California courtroom on Monday Feb 28th.
Pop culture legend Michael Jackson stands accused of sexually molesting a 13 yr old boy. Thousand of fan-supporters will be seen gathering at the courthouse.

www.usatoday.com
SANTA MARIA, Calif. — Months of secrecy will end Monday when lawyers make opening statements to the jury in singer Michael Jackson's trial on charges that he sexually molested a 13-year-old boy. Jackson, 46, is accused in the indictment of plying the boy with alcohol, committing four "lewd and lascivious" acts on the child's body at his Neverland Valley Ranch, and conspiring to hold the boy and his family captive to hide them from police and the news media. If convicted on all counts, Jackson could face up to 20 years in prison.

Tom Mesereau, Jackson's lead counsel, made it clear Friday that his side will relentlessly attack the credibility of the boy and his family. Lawyers for Jackson have said that the mother is coaching her children to lie in hopes of winning money from Jackson in a civil lawsuit.

Zonen suggested that the prosecution will try to keep the jury focused on the criminal charges, not on the mother's past. "This case is about whether or not a man who acknowledges sleeping with children slept with this child, and what he did when he slept with this child," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This trial should prove to be more of a circus show than the O.J. Simpson trial was. It has celebrity, sex crimes, and children...all of the elements of a good tv movie.

With the unknown element that is Michael Jackson, both fans and detractors await seeing how the reclusive king of pop handles himself and if the public will see any more limo-standing antics from the accused pedophile.

Some of the facts in the case should be revealed in today's opening statements, and will also show both the prosecutors and the defense strategy in this case.

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com
www.usatoday.com

[edit on 28-2-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 28-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
No doubt wacko Jakko's trial will make Scott Peterson's look like traffic court. Hopefully the wild carnival atmosphere will not underscore the severity of the charges and quilty or innocent, justice will prevail.

I still remember the arraingment, the people with signs and dressed up like him screaming and crying and going nuts. He still has a fan base of die hards. Although I and most of my friends grew up with "thriller" MJ'S talent and later fall into the bizarre has nothing to do with what he is charged with.

Even if he is not guilty, and I'm not going to share my thoughts on that one, he brought this all on himself with his outrageous behaviour. You can't dangle kids out windows, act like a loonie and have kids sleep over in your bed and not expect consequences.

[edit on 28-2-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I was brought up to learn by my mistakes, not to continue with them.

The fact that MJ has already been accused in the past should have taught him a lesson.

I do think that the trial will become a media circus dominating the front pages in the tabloids. This i suppose is a fact of life when a "celebrity" forgets to learn from his/her mistakes.

The certain moralistic values of what he is accused of are something i don't even want to vent on ATS.
I know for a fact i would be warned.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I agree, I think that after the last case where he gave the boys family millions, shows he thinks his celebrity status and mega money can get him out of anything. I truely believe he has some serious delusions of grandeur where he believes he is above the law and that there is nothing wrong with what he did/does. His little ER trip kinda proves this to me. Expect some other outrageous stunts to be pulled. Maybe he'll faint in the courtroom or something.

I haven't been following it closely, but isn't the jury comprised of many mothers?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I predict that once mr jackson is found guilty, he will try to kill himself either thru overdose or by hanging himself. His delusional world of fantasy will crash around him with fury he wont be able to cope with.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
-yawn-

Can some please fill me in on why we should care?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
-yawn-

SO - this is one of the single most effective distractions concocted by the propaganda overlords. Please, show a little respect.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

-yawn-

SO - this is one of the single most effective distractions concocted by the propaganda overlords. Please, show a little respect.

Respect for MJ or respect for the topic?

If its for MJ, then i aint got any for him. He abused the childrens trust. God knows what else he has done.

He aint in court for handing out sweets to children.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veltro
quilty or innocent, justice will prevail.

I just had to stop by to ask whether this was a minute, interesting and topical Freudian slip from a Nabokov reader.

And, why is there such confidence in the justice system?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I just had to stop by to ask whether this was a minute, interesting and topical Freudian slip from a Nabokov reader.

And, why is there such confidence in the justice system?

Not sure its confidence, more like hope. After all, its the only legal way of sorting things out like this.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Before today I was under the impression that jacko had many accusers and a few of them were bringing the charges against him. After watching the coverage on court tv, there is only one accuser for this trial and his mother has had a few lawsuits against JCPenny's which she won for a nice cash settlement, my point is the defense has the argument that this child's mother is a gold-digger and she is using her kid to get a big cash settlement from him.

My guess is he's paid off other accusers and his team decided to bring this family to court because they have a reasonable defense against this one.

I really wish I never knew about Jackson and these allegations, all it is wasted space in my head and somethign for the media to eat up.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

-yawn-

What!? Ya mean you don't care about some celebrity that is on trial!? Don't you know this is America!? We're supposed to care about frivolous ridiculous mindless celebrities and waste out time when they get in trouble, downing them, talking about them
.....you know, who is dating who, who wears what......along with those stupid silly so called "reality" shows....and when they get into trouble, we're supposed to judge them guilty before the trial, blaa, blaa, blaa, blaa, blaa......

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

What!? Ya mean you don't care about some celebrity that is on trial!? Don't you know this is America!?

To tell the truth, I don't follow the thing on tv, as a matter of fact I don't really turn on my tv except for the news and watching DVDS. The info I get is mainly from ATS. It's Just interesting to see how a pop star I grew up listening to in my early days winds up in his lastest wacky adventure.

As for justice prevailing, that is a hope not a certainty. I just think that his odd behavior is going to bite him this time.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
How about we all gather together and truly deny ignorance and not discuss this topic for the next three months.

(one can hope)

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

(one can hope)

Yes one can! But I wouldn't bet on it...too many people are really into the celebrity thing for some reason.....I sometimes think people just want to see the rich and famous fall, or they have no real life to keep them involved...who knows....I'm with ya though, but I think sadly, we'll see a bunch of these threads over the coming months

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

How about we all gather together and truly deny ignorance and not discuss this topic for the next three months.

(one can hope)

Gunna have to agree with you on that one.

Ditch the thread

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I can only hope i get to post the sentence "watch" thread and quickly gather zillions of points...BTW, are they still giving the round the world trip for the most points ever? Hmmm.....

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yes we can only hope...

Well... we could shut this discussion down and always move to this one:

California is considering allowing prison inmates to receive condoms.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Yes we can only hope...

Well... we could shut this discussion down and always move to this one:

California is considering allowing prison inmates to receive condoms.

sounds good, because the guy is gunna need all the protection he can get soon

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
as the saying goes innacent untill proven guilty

in my view this is just a circus
MJ was convicted and cleard before
so the parents of those kids prob doing this for the money
because of his past

( their lawers must be having a field day )

some americans are just plain greedy

top topics

join