It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post blames Trump for the MAGA kid drama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
WASHINGTON POST BLAMES EVERYONE ELSE

1. THEY COULDN'T KEEP UP????
I'm sorry, did the news industry just get the unfair responsibility of current events???

As the story picked up speed on social media, a Washington Post editor assigned reporters to cover it. At about 3 p.m. on Saturday, one reporter spoke to Phillips about what happened. Others called the Catholic school and the local diocese, looking for a statement from someone who could represent the students in the video. The reporters weren’t aware of a critical third element in the scene: the Hebrew Israelites who had been taunting the high school boys moments before the viral video began.

This is garbage. Most of Twitter that WASN'T wishing for the death of children was posting the evidence.

It took close to 48 hours for reporters, and a divided America, to fully grasp what had occurred, and to whom.

Oh my God! Most people with a brain stem knew what happened by the end of the night.

That outrage came from a parallel universe online, one that has been waiting for a moment like this. The pro-Trump Internet has, for years, worked to create a media environment that is designed to destroy the traditional news media and replace it. Mike Cernovich, a popular figure in this world, helped to promote the Pizzagate conspiracy theory in 2016. Pizzagate falsely accused a D.C. pizza shop of housing a secret pedophile ring, and ultimately inspired a believer to show up at the shop with an assault rifle.

QUICK! Red Herrings! Feed the Trolls!

I'm ashamed of the media.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

I kept up. Surely a large city newspaper with all sorts of fact checkers (who obviously aren't terribly busy), and reporters can find out what I was able to learn within a few hours.

Good grief. When in doubt, blame everybody.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The thing is, this is not just Trumps fault, though, him using Native Genocide to get a cheap dig at Warren ( who also uses us to exploit minority political power ) contributes to the idea that it's not "Overt Racism"

see, we have been seeing this "Off Camera" since the colonists came and started genociding us, we see it from Left, Right, Far-Left, Far-Right, and any forms, also from Black, Brown, white etc

this is not new, this is not "Trump" this is continued, we can argue that Trump fuels it in people, makes it acceptable etc, but anyone attempting to put this blame only on Trump, or only on the left is just deflecting their own bias

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It took close to 48 hours for reporters, and a divided America, to fully grasp what had occurred, and to whom.

Translation -
We screwed up, we knew it from the start since we had people on the ground, we didn't realize the backlash we would face over this. It took us 48 hours to come up with spin to still paint Trump negatively, while desperately attempting to save our own face and defame children over a hat.

Sincerely
washington compost

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I blame the people calling for teenagers to be harassed, intimidated, threatened and even killed for committing the crime of wearing a hat. Those people suck.

The Antifa Anarcho-Communist Terror Group protested the school. The school wisely closed down to keep the kids safe.

In 1957 when politically motivated activists stopped people from going to school Eisenhower sent in the Army to protect their rights. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I blame the people calling for teenagers to be harassed, intimidated, threatened and even killed for committing the crime of wearing a hat. Those people suck.

The Antifa Anarcho-Communist Terror Group protested the school. The school wisely closed down to keep the kids safe.

In 1957 when politically motivated activists stopped people from going to school Eisenhower sent in the Army to protect their rights. Just saying.

I haven't seen this many Democrats protesting a school since the 50's

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

That's an impressive level of butthurt, especially for a major news outlet.

They got caught up in the wave of fake news outrage and they just can't let it go after being exposed as a fraud designed to demonize the president, whites, Christians and of course the most hated group in the country Trump supporters.

They're having an epic meltdown.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
The thing is, this is not just Trumps fault, though, him using Native Genocide to get a cheap dig at Warren ( who also uses us to exploit minority political power ) contributes to the idea that it's not "Overt Racism"

see, we have been seeing this "Off Camera" since the colonists came and started genociding us, we see it from Left, Right, Far-Left, Far-Right, and any forms, also from Black, Brown, white etc

this is not new, this is not "Trump" this is continued, we can argue that Trump fuels it in people, makes it acceptable etc, but anyone attempting to put this blame only on Trump, or only on the left is just deflecting their own bias

Trump has nothing to do with it. Period.

And its time to stop blaming the people of today for decades old crimes.

That had nothing to do with this incident.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So its trumps fault the media doesnt check its facts before running a story.

For the life of me I dont understand why I should listen to anything the media puts out.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

twitter, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC, The View, Buzzfeed et al are to blame for the MAGA hat-wearing-white-catholic-non-story-cover-up-of-Cohen-fake-news-dump.

When you look at whats going on in that regard, it makes sense - they are all deflecting away from their lies and reactivating their go-to guaranteed trigger - orange man bad.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think I understand the problem.

If progressive media figures admit to being 'tone deaf,'
...that could be seen as an ableist comment

JOURNALISM

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

where...did...I...say...that

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The mentality of the Washington post article can bee seen even on ats.

Instead of some people admitting it was terrible for the media to do this, they ignore that and instead attack anyone who calls it out as obviously trying to help trump.

So I guess we should have all been quiet and allowed the media to ruin these kids lives.

Even better than that is the people who use this argument in a general sense on ats; if you call out media bias or hypocrisy, you are causing division and conflict.

the only answer is to politely allow the media to control all flow of information.

Yes, that may mean innocent people, even kids are unfairly smeared.

But thats not the problem, the problem is outing the lies to these people.

Its truly remarkable to watch this Orwellian mindset!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

WOW, Trump used genocide? WTF alternate reality are ATS leftists channeling today?

I've already seen today that Trump is torturing citizens, now its genocide. What's next the infinity gauntlet?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well they were IN FACT chanting Trump Trump and wearing nothing but MAGA attire! I wonder how the Post was able to deduce.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
We've made level 2.

First level was entered when people decided to not accept their part in events and pass blame to others.

Now we've gotten to level two where news media hasn't made errors, it is someone else who did or such.

Looks as though the words "integrity" and "ethics" have been removed from the language.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Not only that, but whomever filmed this out of context and then posted it (that fake Twitter account) probably got a bonus as the kids were not only white males, but Catholics *in particular.* Why? Chances are, Amy Barrett (a Catholic WOMAN) will be the next SC pick after RBG passes. Can't drum up fake rape claims against her, so prime the gears to stir up anti-Catholic, anti-white sentiment.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thegeneraldisarray
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Not only that, but whomever filmed this out of context and then posted it (that fake Twitter account) probably got a bonus as the kids were not only white males, but Catholics *in particular.* Why? Chances are, Amy Barrett (a Catholic WOMAN) will be the next SC pick after RBG passes. Can't drum up fake rape claims against her, so prime the gears to stir up anti-Catholic, anti-white sentiment.

Their circle of allies must have given them the golden podium and 100 virtue points!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

...maybe read what I wrote

"him using Native Genocide to get a cheap dig at Warren"

his calling Out Wounded Knee, Big Horn, using references to Native Genocide to 'mock' Warren

“If Elizabeth Warren, often referred to by me as Pocahontas, did this commercial from Bighorn or Wounded Knee instead of her kitchen, with her husband dressed in full Indian garb, it would have been a smash!”

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

...maybe read what I wrote

"him using Native Genocide to get a cheap dig at Warren"

his calling Out Wounded Knee, Big Horn, using references to Native Genocide to 'mock' Warren

“If Elizabeth Warren, often referred to by me as Pocahontas, did this commercial from Bighorn or Wounded Knee instead of her kitchen, with her husband dressed in full Indian garb, it would have been a smash!”

Hitler, the Hutu government, and Pol Pot, used genocide. They didn't just make jokes in poor taste. There is a slight difference.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join