It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Strikes Back! States House will block State of the Union Address from House Chambers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It is entirely legal for Pelosi to deny Trump the right to speak at the House. He will have to find somewhere else to go.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I love how the progressives were all giddy that Pelosi gave Trump this transparent "# you", then when Trump turned around and gave her one right back with cancelling her trip it was bad. Make up your minds. Pelosi just stooped to Trump's level. That's where you guys are cheering now? He's still gonna make his speech, it just won't be at the capitol. How childish.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Not that we didn't already know, but this gives credence to the fact that Pelosi is just blocking his speech for political loss...or in her mind, gain.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Its funny she thinks she can do this but doesnt think the president has the right to kick a reporter out of the white house.

These guys re deranged.

They're aliens. They don't understand how America works. Give em a break, man.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
id bet he gives it from the senate if possible, and baring that it would be hilarious if he walked into the house any ways and she physically tries to stop him lol as the Secret service tends to not screw around with such things

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

It is entirely legal for Pelosi to deny Trump the right to speak at the House. He will have to find somewhere else to go.

Yeah it's a shame we won't be able to see the democrats huffing, puffing, chewing turds, and rolling their eyes every time Trump mentions another accomplishment.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As I said in another thread..........

Do it from the Resolute desk, that will send a clear message to hear and the rest of the country.......

Then proceed after youre done with the other minutes to call her and the others out on everything theyve been doing.....

And then reaffirm his commitment to the country.........

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I just can’t help to feel like this sort of thing is meant to just f””” with ppl how does this benefit our people? What’s the point?

All these folks here on ats making it a political platform and yet I’m not sure the largest majority arguing back and forth about the American political scene even trusts the government to begin with, who trusts the government that much here?

I appreciate the responses thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

She cannot tell him where he can and cannot go and speak. He can go to the Capitol whenever he wants without an invitation. What she can do it not attend or turn off the lights or say no media but there is nothing else she can do. There are more areas to the building than just the House floor...

That said she played the wrong card again. She looks on the world and US stage as a goon who is simply opposing her president while on a government shutdown.

She cannot tell him what to do and it is driving her crazy.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Giving in to her is a mistake. He should go in there and give his SotU.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Would it be wrong to submit pelosi for the same treatment the left want to legalize for newborns?

...sorry, did I go to far?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head when you stated that they are not in charge.
Serious questions............Are we truly screwed as a nation? Has the toilet been flushed and we are now swirling to our demise?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's going to be wonderful. Trump is going to give his address and the entire Democrat contingent will be AWOL. The optics will make the Democrats look like childish idiots, even more so than when they sat stony faced and didn't even raise a cheer for low African American unemployment.

Maybe Trump should rub their noses in it and invite the parents and citizens killed by illegal aliens to take their seats.

edit on 23/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Trump can override Nancy.... I had to check to be sure I was remembering right, and sure enough:

U.S. Constitution, Article II, Section 3:

He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the union, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment, he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper; he shall receive ambassadors and other public ministers; he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed, and shall commission all the officers of the United States.

Just a little food for thought... or fuel for the fire... however one wants to take it!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Trump can override Nancy.... I had to check to be sure I was remembering right, and sure enough:

U.S. Constitution, Article II, Section 3:

He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the union, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in case of disagreement between them, with respect to the time of adjournment, he may adjourn them to such time as he shall think proper; he shall receive ambassadors and other public ministers; he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed, and shall commission all the officers of the United States.

Just a little food for thought... or fuel for the fire... however one wants to take it!

This will get Nancy in a real "Goodie Goodie Gumdrops" mood 🤣

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'd sure love to see Trump do it... Nancy would choke on her grits if she had to convene the House on Trump's presidential order!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well this is getting interesting.

I wonder now what?

He comes to the door and they tell him...
No one is home.
Come back later I'm doing the dishes.
A sign on the door says
Bell out of order, please knock.
The intercom has a recording that says
No one is available to take your call please try again later.
Yet another sign says...
Due to the government shutdown this entrance is closed. Please use other door.
And when you call the switchboard you hear...

beep beep beep
The number you have reached is not is service at this time. Please check the number and dial again or ask your operator for assistance... This is a recording...

edit on 1232019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Absolutely.

...and if the "loyal opposition" boycotts, it makes them look rather petty and childish. Much like the last SotU.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What now?

He walks through the door and gives his speech. He can not be stopped. ...and any thing less than polite acceptance makes the Democrats look rather foolish.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
When you think about it, U.S. Citizens own the HOUSE and the SENATE and the WHITE HOUSE. Particularly those of us who pay taxes used to build and maintain those structures.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join