It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media says Black racist group is always around in cities, so its the kids fault for not ignoring

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
~ Isaac Asimov

This is the result of a development that has been going on since at least the 60's when it was being celebrated that everybody could call "reality" what they wanted to believe.
A functioning society however needs some agreed upon common cultural facts.
If everybody constantly makes up their own persona and narrative without some boundries this is what you get.
Black guys rewriting history, an American Indian inventing his own background and the public up in arms because they didn't like the poor kid's face.
Minds used to reality tv shows can and will not see the difference to the internal worlds of all of those involved, it's just another show (surface reflection) and they're trained to use those shows as outlets for their own emotions and frustrations.

At least that's my interpretation of why you're all going nuts for all the wrong reasons on all sides.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This just goes to show you how much the left don't care about gays unless they have a reason to use them to their advantage.

I still hear about that one incident in Charlottesville that happened a couple of years ago.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Nice trivia point i guess.

So wait. When you were criticizing the Left for not speaking out against these fanatics, you posted the connection to the Yahweh Ben Yahweh cult as proof of how dangerous the Black Hebrew Israelites are.

The narrative you're spinning here is that the Left ignores the dangerous people because of identity politics. Right?

But when I show you that the "Blacks for Trump" cult members that were being used as props at Trump rallies, frequently placed behind Trump (not to mention him proudly holding up their signs) to show that "black people" support Trump — clearly identity politicking as well — are led by a principal from the Yahweh Ben Yahweh cult, all of a sudden it's a "nice trivia point."

Where's all your outrage that Trump has been pushing dangerous fanatics on the world because they were convenient identity politics props? Why aren't you talking about how Trump ignores the violent history of these crazies because of "cultural Marxism?"

Anyways, on topic, you seem to tell me cultural marxism is a myth all of the time.

It is. In fact, it's such a non-thing that you're basically using it as a synonym for "identity politics" when you're criticizing the Left.

Care to tell me why it seems like no one on the left speaks up about these black racists, even when they are attacking kids, and instead criticizes the kids?

Isn't it obvious? There's a culture war that is playing out in politics/the media/social media. People rush to their favorite platforms to find evidence of the "other side" behaving badly so they can be filled with self-righteous indignation, be outraged, feel superior, etc etc.

The first video dropped, everyone responded predictably. More video came out which showed more of what was happening, but by then people had already become emotionally involved in being outraged at the teens.

Trump supporters/Republicans pounced on the video as proof that these teens are angels and the reaction to the first video is "proof" that Trump supporters on the whole are unfairly criticized and that the media is unfair to Trump supporters.

They're being invited to the White House like the clock kid.

And now other videos have emerged of the teens saying things like "it's only rape if she doesn't enjoy it" and of a group of about 20 of them harassing a pair of women who walked by them and other video showing that grinning kid wasn't trying to defuse anything at all — but I'm sure you're fine with that lie being spread in conservative media?

Oh, and articles from a decade ago where students at the school were in black face at basketball games.

I've looked at enough video to know now that basically everyone involved was behaving badly: the 4-5 fanatics were clearly shouting racist, homophobic and otherwise insulting/demeaning things. The kids were poorly chaperoned and running amok — and imagine if these were mostly black teen boys bused in for a #BlackLivesMatter rally in a school-sponsored event, wearing a bunch of political gear? And finally, there's Nathan Phillips who shouldn't have inserted himself in the situation, who is apparently an apologist for the fanatics even though they were attacking other Native Americans in the whole run up to this event and whom you've devoted an OP to attacking.

Absolutely nobody should be harassing these minor children online (but then again, nobody should have been harassing Hogg et al but there's a fair number of threads on ATS dedicated to just that) and death threats are obviously always 100% wrong. But there are no heroes here and as far as I can tell, at least as far as the incidents on that day go, no real victims — just a bunch of people being assholes.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I agree with most of this, but dont see where I am going nits for the worng reasons.

Ill start with this.

Racism is bad.

thats a simple cultural truth we should all be on board with.

The age, skin color, gender, sexual orientation, religion etc., of the rcaist should not matter at all.

I am calling out what I see as a group that wants to use those catergories to decide if bieng a racist is worth decrying or not.

Here is another.

Calling for violence unless in self defense is wrong.

Doesnt matter your skin color, political affiliation, etc.

Yet these kids, based on a smile in many instances, have suffered just that.

And so I call these things out, because if they are allowed to continue, we are about to enter an Orwellian dystopia.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
gee... I really need to watch the full video of this, I missed the part where they were beheading people and attacking kids!!!

I am just saying, that argument, that oh, those preachers are all over the place so they should be just ignored...
well... why couldn't those preachers have just ignored the mega hat crowd? why couldn't they have just ignored the native americans and let them do their thing? why couldn't the maga hatters have just walked on and ignored the native americans and let them do their thing? were the native americans over in their space meddling and starting trouble with their right to life march?
doubt if they were.
but, ya, let's make a big crapshow of this!! but we can't really demonize the preaching christians, not even if they are of some offshot cult they are christians! and we certainly can't demonize the maga hatters!! so I guess it's the native americans that will take the hit, right??

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
The left cannot be reasoned with, they will contradict themselves in a single sentence in print. If you call them out on that, they will ignore it and attack a straw man instead, its impossible to have a reasoned argument with them because they are immune to reason. They know what they are saying is false and will do anything to have the last word.

The only point of arguing with them is to demonstrate to moderates that the left is the side of madness.

I appreciate your efforts in that regard, you have the patience of a saint and I'm sure have redpilled a lot of ATS'ers.

I'm telling you, man, it's not out of the realm of possibility that aliens are using the bodies of these liberals as hosts to breathe our air and take over the world....

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So wait. When you were criticizing the Left for not speaking out against these fanatics, you posted the connection to the Yahweh Ben Yahweh cult as proof of how dangerous the Black Hebrew Israelites are.

The narrative you're spinning here is that the Left ignores the dangerous people because of identity politics. Right?

But when I show you that the "Blacks for Trump" cult members that were being used as props at Trump rallies, frequently placed behind Trump (not to mention him proudly holding up their signs) to show that "black people" support Trump — clearly identity politicking as well — are led by a principal from the Yahweh Ben Yahweh cult, all of a sudden it's a "nice trivia point."

Where's all your outrage that Trump has been pushing dangerous fanatics on the world because they were convenient identity politics props? Why aren't you talking about how Trump ignores the violent history of these crazies because of "cultural Marxism?"

Can you prove to me that Trump or his people knew this guy was a former member of a racist black group that was accused of murders when they put him up?

See you are using the old guilt by association trick.

Funny, I dont remember you calling Hillary out for having the father of an Islamic terroists used as a prop behind her?

Meanwhile I defended Hillary, because I knew she didnt know who that guy was.

Let me explain this for you; shaking someones hand, or having the featured at your rally, or taking a pick with them, or any other number of things doesnt mean you know that person, and therefore you shouldnt be judged for that picture etc.

Now if you can show me Trump knew this guy was in a racist group, and said that ok and featured him, then that would be worthwhile.

But until then, its clear this is just a distraction to try to connect these racist to trump and to deflect from the fact the left has ignored their racism because of their skin color.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

To the bottom half of your post.

Not one thing hear addressing the OP, and left wing people excusing the actual racist.

'Even you here go on spreading false hoods or deflections about the kids.

The kids were smeared, doxxed and threatened for perceived racism, while the actual racists were largely ignored by the smae people smearing and doxxing the kids.

And your response is "The kids arent angels!"

Ridiculous.

Its funny when the left rsushes to judgment, smnears kids, doxxes them, and threatens them, and not jusst random people, but blie check mark people nand media people and even politicans like Illab Omar, you immediate reaction is to say the right is guilty to.

So show me the example.

Show me the right attacking left wings kids for smiling when racists hurled insults at them?

Ill wait.

I will get to your absurd ridiculous attempts to attack the kids, who were victims of death threats and doxxing and attacked by racists, in the next post.

Oh and I love the washington piost tactic you are taking here.

Not focus on the media jumping to attack these kids and being wrong, but instead lament that trump supporters called it out.

Just so you know, you dont have to be a trump supporter to call aout media smears and lies to attack children.
edit on 23-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

This thread made me sad. First, it vilifies these Black Hebrew Israelites beyond what they really are by painting them as rabid black supremacists that go around beheading white people. As you say there are quite a few of them and they've been around a while. So this beheading incident may have happened but it is not a trend these people do where ever they go or there would have been many more incidents. Most likely it was the product of a small group of maniacs that were already criminals and beheadings are not a normal product of this group's activities.

I am not defending crime but when you go down this road, it is no different than the leftists saying the actions of a couple Atomwaffen neo Nazis or someone like Dylan Roof is representative of the entire right.

I could go on about how their claim to be the chosen people, superior to all others, and destined to rule over the lesser beings on this earth is not all that different than what some other groups claim (maybe with a more polished presentation.)

Last, I want to express my disappointment seeing people here scream racist at another group. You sound just like the left with all their BS. I'm not trying to say racism doesn't exist or we shouldn't try to stop it. I'm saying getting riled up in this manner doesn't advance our interests. We should cultivate a solid pride in our own heritage and achievements and work to advance our interests without sounding like an angry mob. This wins no points in real life and presents genuinely unfortunate optics to the opposition.
edit on 23-1-2019 by toms54 because: error

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Next your examples of the kids being bad that are used to deflevct from the actions of racist.

Basketball black paint.

So what. It was a black out game, thats not racist. Its not racist when raiders fans paint their face black either.

To try to use this event from 5 plus years ago to smear kids that probably werent even in highschool at the time is disgusting.

If a black kid is attacked by racists, will you go back 5 years in time to see if kids in his highschool have behaved badly so that you can smear the kid who was a victim of racism and deflect for the racist that attacked him?

I highly doubt that.

While you are pushing left wibng attacks of these kids, you want to go with tghe old three point sign being racist argument as well? Cause I can laugh at your for that if you want.

Kid yelling about rape:

it was a joke that was admittedly in bad taste. So what, one kid yelled that, so the whole school needs to be taken down for it?

Um yeah, I know not every kid was perfect there. But as a whole the kids were the best of the three groups (them, the native and the black activists) yet they are the ones who have been viciously attacked. Because they are white maga hat wearers, and you know this.

Oh,. and btw, the students of covington are saying that kid is not even a member of their school, which seeing as how it was an all boys school and he was standing near girls, may be true.

Before you use this incident to smear kids being attacked by racist, surely you have your facts confirmed. I mean, you wouldnt want to jump to conclusions, right?

Twenty kids yelling at girls

First, any proof this was convington kids, because the school is saying they may not have been. Or are you content to smear kids attacked by racist because some other boys somewhere yelled at a girl?

Secondly, glad to see you havent learned the lesson about not rushing to judgement based on short clips online. Why did the girl start filming? Did she interact with the before?

No need to know those things though, they must be guilty of something terrible, just like that evil smirking kid!

Third, what did they yell that was so bad? Maga? So are we going to go back to every kid who yelled anything about Obama, or against trump, or anything political. Or in fact any kids that have yelled anything non violent or sexual to people, and use that to smear everyone in their school?

Imagine the outrage you would have if racist yelled at parkland students, and people on the right said yell ignore the racists, here is video of parkland students yelling at passer nyers about gun control!

I mean they said MAGA!!!! So clearly they are evil and deserved to be yelled at by those racists!

All of these deflections are symptomatic of the very thing that started this problem. A rush to judgement without all of the facts designed to attack these children because it helps your narrative.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

I am not defending crime but when you go down this road, it is no different than the leftists saying the actions of a couple Atomwaffen neo Nazis or someone like Dylan Roof is representative of the entire right.

No, it would be like me saying the actions of neo nazis is representative of neo nazis.

This is a racist group that hates whites and gays and was founded by murders killing whites.

For you to say to decry them all is bad is an unbelievable defense of a racist group.

Do you defend some KKK members as well?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Heard this funny joke the other day.

3 fanatical black dudes, a slightly bigoted indian and a bunch of little brat teens sporting MAGA hats, all walk into a bar... CNN has a 40 second segment about it... Then every rwnj in the US has a complete meltdown and lets a ridiculous non issue consume their entire lives for weeks on end.

...Get it?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You sure help to bring the Orwellian dystopia into life.
Racism, sexism,... all of that should be no issue but it is. And you're feeding another type of -ism because you have decided "the left" is your enemy and nothing but lunatics and hypocrites.
That's just as wrong as if I'd say all black people are suffering from an identity crisis just because the members of groups like Black Hebrews clearly are.

Those kids had a nice little mob going on they outnumbered all other participating groups, that's what lead people to feel the grin was smug even if the boy now has come clear that he was afraid.
But white guys ganging up on minorities is a thing that happens, discrimination is real and that's why so many people are sensitive to it.
You might think that's over the top and here you've found one instance where it maybe was so you bite into it like a pitbull and just refuse to let it go.

You're self-righteousness stinks just as much as everybody elses who got up in arms about this story. Here on ATS you created your nice little echo chamber where people agree with your main delusion that everybody more liberal than you is crazy.
You feed eachother reassurance instead of one of you snapping out of it and seeing what you're doing.
You're building your own reality just as much as those you want to "call out".
An endless loop of confirmation bias.
Like a true American. You're like those people. Exactly the same.

Just that you feel morally superior because you defend the kids. While your imaginary enemies think they're evil (you think) for wearing MAGA hats you identify them as pups from your pack. That's just as delusional you don't know these kids. If you'd ever meet them who knows how that would go down, maybe they're arrogant little boys and would make fun of you.
That's so obvious another form of tribalism you're suffering from and you don't see it for what it is.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

:astly, I respect you, and still do.

One of our biggest disagreements is on the existence of cultural maexism.

I discuss how its a problem, you say its a myth.

This entire thread, and covington incident, and even your response to it, proves that I am right.

There is no way white racist yelling these types opf things at black kids would be tolerated by the left.

And almost no one of serious public influence on the right would defend or ignore kkk people yelling at black kids, and instead desperately try to find dirt on unconnected kids at the school from years ago to justify iognoring the racists.

Yet that what you and others on the left are doing here.

And why?

because of cultural marxism.

Thats why the Black herb nationalists are not seen as a big deal, despite there vile rcaaism and homophobia. Thats why we can blame the kids for their response to them instead of the racists themselves.

Thats why we can give a pass to the native that got into the face of kids to defend the racist, because they were telling the kids harsh truths they were sheltered from.

You and I and everyone else knows it.

Many democrats and many on the left embrace this idea that your skin color or gender etc., is the determining factor in many situations. So you can scream at kids homophobic and racist insults, as long as you are black and they are white, and we will attack the kids and ignore you.

This is the predictable outcome of cultural marxism; kids being attacked for smiling while raacists and racists sympathizers attack them.

And its just the beginning.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

We MUST overlook those criminal incidents because by the "sound" of one "guy," One White Supremacist Pleads Guilty to Hate Crime!" We MUST refocus on evil Y-T, don't you see? LOOK OVER THERE!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Heres a joke for you.

Left wing people think death threats to kids are fun, and back racist people so long as they are attacking white people.

Then they pretend to be morally superior and claim anyone not agreeing with them are nut jobs and racist.

But hety, I bet if one of these kids getting death threats gets hurt, then you can really laugh it up, right!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Soeaking of self righteousness, here we have another "Condemning racism against white kids is bad and means you are part of the problem" posters.

IO think you are feeding the dystopia by calling me out.

You want silence and the media to be able to be the sole gate keepers of current events.

You want them to be able to smear whoever they want, and help them by calling out people that call them out.

You pretend to be moral as you judge the boys grin as smug and call them a mob. Well speaking of Orwell, nice of you to judge face crimes.

I am not taking the boys on as my pups.

I have defended left wing groups and people who have no political connection to me.

I am defending kids who are receiving death threats because people rushed to judgement and dont like them beacuse of their race or political affiliation.

I would do that if the race and political affiliation of the kids were reversed.

Your moral high horse is unjustified, as you rush to judgements about kids faces and my actions.

You and other like you feed ypour conformation bias by pretending to be above the fray, but in reality just shilling for people to be quiet and allow racism and the msm to lie and smear kids.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

What the # are you talking about? Trayvon Martin. George Zimmermann shot a black kid and got away with it. That's the reality. Show me one incident where a court has ruled a black guy shooting a white kid and not got locked up for all eternity.
You have a seriously twisted mind. And you go on about how racism "shouldn't be an issue" but you're a victim of it somehow...

And to the Post that was an answer to me:
Just stop watching msm if you don't have the stomach for it, it works for me. If all you got is "no-oh you're xy" I think I'm done you argue like a child.
edit on 23-1-2019 by Peeple because: Another add

edit on 23-1-2019 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

What the # are you talking about? Trayvon Martin. George Zimmermann shot a black kid and got away with it. That's the reality. Show me one incident where a court has ruled a black guy shooting a white kid and not got locked up for all eternity.
You have a seriously twisted mind. And you go on about how racism "shouldn't be an issue" but you're a victim of it somehow...

Oh so now you are engaged in tribalism defending people you think would be your "pup"

I am not claiming to be a victim of racism, I said these kids were.

But great of you to cite Zimmerman getting off as proof of, what that the country is racist toward black people?

Oh and to boot, you assert zimmerman is white I guess, despite the fact he is Hispanic. But yeah, you are above the fray!

Believe it or not, black people are found not guilty for killing white people. OJ?

My point is before you attack me as being part of the problem, you should look in the mirror and get off that high horse.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I'm not the one making videos and threads everyday to steer the country into a civil war just so I feel important. So thank you in comparison I think my high horse suits me just fine.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join