It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CALLOUS DEMOCRATS Reject GOP Measure To Pay Furloughed Government Employees!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: SingswithChickens1

Oh you missed other poll apparently, it's 93%. By tomorrow I expect the poll to be at least 120% of Americans say no wall. Should hit the 200% mark by the weekend, finishing around 300% to end the month.

That poll was actually 93% against.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wednesday 1.23.2019

BREAKING:

Democrats just turned down a SECOND ATTEMPT to get furloughed employees paid!

Link: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

lol, is that a surprise? Why would they change their minds suddenly? You guys are so incredibly caught up in this partisan media bubble, just like a lot of Dems, to be fair.

Wasn't Trump supposed to fire a ton of those people after the month of shutdown, btw? Now he wants to only pay them instead?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

No Not a surprise at all. Neither is it a surprise that Alexander Ocasio-Cortez was the only Democrat to vote "NO" today, for reopening the government.

WHY? Because the spending bill funds Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)

Story: www.businessinsider.com...

I think this off-her-rocker Congresswoman would be happier in a banana republic.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Are you being purposely obtuse?

They will get paid either way for not working... period that is not even in doubt. The only question is why do you hate the govt workers and want them to ruin their credit and fall behind on house payments because Nancy and Chucky wont sit down and hammer out a compromise.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The GOP bill was window dressing at best. Say that bill had passed the House. For what funds would the money to automatically backpay all the furloughed feds come from? There is no spending bill. How did they plan to subvert the Anti-Deficiency Act?

They can certainly pass (and did) a bill ensuring back pay once the shutdown is over, but they can't just decide to pay furloughed workers during a lapse in funding. That's why they are furloughed in the first place. No funding. There is no legal avenue to do it.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

The Senate will vote this afternoon on two competing bills to fund/reopen the government. Here's a live link to the webcast.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
They will get paid either way for not working... period that is not even in doubt.

IMO generally the government should avoid paying people for not working, and I think that goal is achievable. Can you clarify what you mean?

I guess you're some sort of communist? But even if you are, why do these people deserve to get payed for not working, and not everyone else?

originally posted by: Irishhaf
The only question is why do you hate the govt workers and want them to ruin their credit and fall behind on house payments because Nancy and Chucky wont sit down and hammer out a compromise.

I don't hate workers, OK? But I don't owe them free money, either. I think they should get payed AND also work. We can do both. Why can't they accept a bill like that?
edit on 24-1-2019 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Here is the catch, a lot of men and women that are considered essential are still working and not getting paid.

So again why shouldn't people that either are or want to be working but are being either forced to work with delayed payment, or forced to stay home with delayed payment purely due to politics, let them get their checks.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
TDS is real folks.

These delusional Democrats literally don't like anything Trump does.

If Trump found a cure for Cancer, I guarantee you, Democrats will find something negative.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: iMnotHigh

A "clean" bill was put forth in the U.S. Senate today to pay the U.S. Coast Guard.

Callous Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer told his Dim cronies to reject it.

They did. Bill failed. No pay for the U.S. Coast Guard.

Source: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

But you are ignoring the option of ending the shutdown. Instead you have to settle for the second best option of paying all workers or just those essential workers, to pressure the Dems into okaying the wall money. I don't personally mind they build a wall, but this is the reason voters are not approving of Trump's shutdown; he has been offered the option to end it, but he is not offering the full option to end it. He is willing to pay the workers. But that happens in both options.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: narrator
The bill would allow for people to get paid whilst the politicians argue of the use of border security funds.
Who in their right mind would be against that?
The Democrats can no longer say this is about 800k govt workers - they just refused to pay them because of politics. 100% on them now.

Actually, Democrats voted THREE TIMES (House-2 / Senate-1) to not cut paychecks for any of the 800,000 furloughed employees.

Since Democrats hold these men and women in such disdain, they might be working behind the scenes to delay their deposits, now that the Government is fully re-opened.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: iMnotHigh

A "clean" bill was put forth in the U.S. Senate today to pay the U.S. Coast Guard.

Callous Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer told his Dim cronies to reject it.

They did. Bill failed. No pay for the U.S. Coast Guard.

Source: twitter.com...

Dirty bad boy Schumer

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I thought that with the govt. now open, the Coast Guard would be getting paid... is Schumer really holding back funds?
It woudl seem that the only reason he is, if true, is to make it easier for illegal aliens and drugs to enter the country.

Ah, this was prior to the re-opening...
edit on 26/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join