It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CALLOUS DEMOCRATS Reject GOP Measure To Pay Furloughed Government Employees!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
Honestly it seems like a waste of money to pay them and not have them work. Wouldn't it be better for the country to just reopen government then?

If a government bureaucrat sits at home and doesn't work and no one notices unless the press tells us, is it worth having them on the job at all?

Why not save the money and fire them?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Those bills are about paying the workers.

But you find that silly?

If those bills had been allowed to be voted on by the senate the workers would never have lost any pay.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: narrator
There's already a Democratic-proposed bill on the table to reopen the government and would fund the government through February 28th, it's expected to be approved but it's "dead on arrival" in the Senate and a vote is going to happen next week.

Why would they vote yes on this GOP bill? The GOP bill doesn't include re-opening the government. The Democratic bill does.

Which would ultimately be better for government workers?

From your article: “This is a political stunt to distract from the fact that Republicans are about to vote for the ninth time to keep the government shutdown,” a Democratic aide told The Hill on the GOP motion.

It would seem that Dems aren't the only "CALLOUS" people in the government, since the GOP is repeatedly voting to keep it closed, keeping people from their jobs, and from earning money.

This.

You know why.

If we re-open government. There will be no negotiations on the Wall and increased border security at all.

Nancy already has said this.

So, if we want those things, there can be re-opening of government at this point in time.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If we re-open government. There will be no negotiations on the Wall and increased border security at all.

The dems have voted for increased border security many times.
edit on 23-1-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Yeah but paying them and having them sit at home is definitely the worst option. I'm just saying even if people don't agree about whether to fire them or not, they could still agree not to pay them for no work. Or they could have them build a road or something, if they are dead set on paying them.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Exactly right. On January 9th, Pesident Trump sat right across from Nancy Pelosi, and point blank asked:

"I asked what is going to happen in 30 days, if I quickly open things up. Are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, "NO"."

"I said bye-bye, nothing else works!" Trump added. He then stood up and walked out of the room.
Source: www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

She was saying no to the wall not border security.

Trump spun it to make it look like she said no to both.

We only have trumps word that the conversation went down like that.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
Honestly it seems like a waste of money to pay them and not have them work. Wouldn't it be better for the country to just reopen government then?

They will get paid either way...

This way people can still feed their family and pay the bills while waiting for the children in congress to remember they are theoretical adults.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Of course, but I'm saying that if they want to pass a bill to pay them, then why not work as well? This is nuts, come on. What's the point. Maybe they can make a special bill that lets them pretend to have a shutdown, but the employees should still work.
edit on 23-1-2019 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The wall is part of border security. The people who work on the border have asked repeatedly for it among other measures many times.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

They will do the same amount of work no matter when they get paid, yea the govt should not be shut down, and the budget should be balanced, and we shouldn't have people making a living out of being in office.

but all the above are true, so why not at least make certain the workers don't lose homes, or have credit ruined because the politicians don't know how to compromise.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Because it's better to pay them and also let them to work, instead of only paying them.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

No..there were several people (Dems/Repubs) at the table. Noone refuted the President's statement of what was said. It was a VERY VERY short meeting.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

This could still be true though.

I'm sure you've seen video of nancy saying she wants border security and read the bills for it that she has voted yes on.

You really think in her entire career that she never once voted yes for border security?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

OK. Let's follow the premise that she has voted for increased border security.

Let's also look at the situation along our southern border.

Clearly none of the measures she was willing to vote for seemed to have worked. So it's time to do something different, not more of the same which seems to be all she will do.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I was referring to Nancy telling Trump "No border wall..ever, even if you reopen the government tomorrow."

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
On a related note: Congresswoman Alexandria Cortez said on national TV last night that she, "Gives Zero Fu*cks about upsetting Senior Democrats in the U.S. House."

Article: www.haaretz.com...

She even hates her own team. Oh my!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
On a related note: Congresswoman Alexandria Cortez said on national TV last night that she, "Gives Zero Fu*cks about upsetting Senior Democrats in the U.S. House."

And they put her on the oversight committee. Oh my!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
There's already a Democratic-proposed bill on the table to reopen the government and would fund the government through February 28th, it's expected to be approved but it's "dead on arrival" in the Senate and a vote is going to happen next week.

Why would they vote yes on this GOP bill? The GOP bill doesn't include re-opening the government. The Democratic bill does.

Which would ultimately be better for government workers?

From your article: “This is a political stunt to distract from the fact that Republicans are about to vote for the ninth time to keep the government shutdown,” a Democratic aide told The Hill on the GOP motion.

It would seem that Dems aren't the only "CALLOUS" people in the government, since the GOP is repeatedly voting to keep it closed, keeping people from their jobs, and from earning money.
You and Schemer both missed the point apparently...Trump's not giving up on the wall and Pelousy isn't giving up on trying to destroy Trump...What Trump did was to show compassion for the out of work federal workers...You, Schemer and Pelousy showed you have none for the starving workers...You apparently want those workers to experience real hardship since you think you can place the blame on Trump...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: carewemust

And they put her on the oversight committee. Oh my!

Yep. Maxine Waters placed AOC on the powerful FINANCE committee. They're vowing to inspect Trump's business and personal financial dealings all over the world.

Thread on it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maxine's committee will be like a pack of gorillas running around a shopping mall with hand grenades.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join