It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Only 7% of Voters Back Wall Funding to End Shutdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
LINK

Only 7 percent of American voters surveyed support giving Donald Trump funding for his Mexico border wall to end the U.S. government shutdown, according to a new poll. The results of poll, carried out for Politico and Morning Consult, reveal a series of damning numbers for the president, including those that show his disapproval rating at an all-time-high. Fifty-seven percent said they disapprove of Trump’s job performance, while 54 percent of voters blame Trump and Republicans on Capitol Hill for the government shutdown. While 43 percent of voters support the border wall, just 7 percent of voters said that they support dedicating funding to a border wall if it was the only way to end the government shutdown. And further bad news for the White House: The poll also shows that a majority of the respondents, 57 percent, believe it’s likely that Russia “has compromising information“ on Trump.

The American people see through Trump’s evil and depraved lunatic actions of blackmail of the vulnerable people of the country for a political lie…

Not even Adolf Hitler tortured his own people directly like Trump and the GOP have done in this shutdown.

Trump and his Republican party of conservatives have proven to be antihuman and undemocratic in the shutdown, and dangerous politicians who are antithetical to the welfare of the American people.

If all you can do, if you don’t have the votes to initiate a policy, is use your power given you by the American people to torture and hold hostage almost 1 million American workers and the American people’s welfare then YOU ARE UNDEMOCRATIC AND SADISTIC.

edit on 23-1-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Daily beast… come on where did the do the poll to extrapolate their numbers from... Berkley?

Maybe the democrats should start making some offers and letting the general public know what is in the offer rather than go see Hamilton in PR, or try to galivant across Europe and the ME on tax payer dime for what was basically a Public relations tour.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hyperbole and Bovine feces. And your playbook of anti-Trump is wearing thin

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The poll wasn't carried out by the Daily Beast they are reporting on it.

The results of poll, carried out for Politico and Morning Consult

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
BS, no reason to spend anymore time on this tripe.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nope I check here at work and were 100% in favor of however long it takes to get the wall. The CG station is 2 blocks away and well taken care of. They are in a neighborhood of $5 million plus homes and the people love to help. Small town rich town.

edit on 23-1-2019 by mikell because: funky smell check

upnorthlive.com...
edit on 23-1-2019 by mikell because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   
These like those stats that said Trump was losing throughout the campaign?

link   

Do they want what? endless open borders?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The American people see through Trump’s evil and depraved lunatic actions of blackmail of the vulnerable people of the country for a political lie…

Not even Adolf Hitler tortured his own people directly like Trump and the GOP have done in this shutdown.

Trump and his Republican party of conservatives have proven to be antihuman and undemocratic in the shutdown, and dangerous politicians who are antithetical to the welfare of the American people.

If all you can do, if you don’t have the votes to initiate a policy, is use your power given you by the American people to torture and hold hostage almost 1 million American workers and the American people’s welfare then YOU ARE UNDEMOCRATIC AND SADISTIC.

I'd like to see that in comic strip form...

In fact I'm tempted to turn that into a grindhouse fake movie trailer its so over the top!

edit on 23-1-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

So when unions like the Teachers Union go on strike are they holding "kids hostage" to get whatever contract concessions they want? Just want to make sure we know where you stand...

I think most people understand we need border security and a wall is a big part of it. The $5.7 billion Trump wants is peanuts. The government pisses that away on a daily basis.

The reality is that Democrats don't want Trump to have a win on his platform going into 2020. If Trump caves, then Democrats narrative will change to Trump lying about building a wall while conveniently leaving out that the Democrats stopped it.

Trump could come out in support of Universal Healthcare and Democrats would still find a reason to be against it...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
LOL god these people are stupid.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Nope I check here at work and were 100% in favor of however long it takes to get the wall. The CG station is 2 blocks away and well taken care of. They are in a neighborhood of $5 million plus homes and the people love to help. Small town rich town.

Well then you are all part of the 7%. How have illegal immigrants effected your community?

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Lmao okay. I'm just going to assume you're trolling here and not even touch your ridiculous 'poll'.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Presenting facts to those who have been gaslighted is an exercise in futility. I’m sure their replies will agree with me. a reply to: Willtell

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I remember when all the polls said no way Trump was gonna win. remember that?

Good times.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Morning Consult & Politico.
Yeah, right.
What's more the link provided doesn't even give a link to the actual survey. It's just a Daily Beast commentary, cherry picking what they want... with a link to the actual story where more details can be found (how many will do that - certainly not a propagandist)

Anyhow, here's more information from the poll:

When asked whether they will approve of dedicating funds to border security, but not a wall, to end the shutdown, 34 percent supported. Fifty-one percent, however, still opposed that plan.

In this week’s poll nearly half of voters (49 percent) say the president is responsible — up 6 points since the shutdown began.
- interesting, heh?... the minority, though rising, think Trump is to blame for the shutdown.

The poill also has a close call between support for a wall or not 43%-49%.

I don;t think the OP really wanted to share all the info... just the propaganda.

edit on 23/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
When you do these polls, you need to be careful not to manipulate the information to the point of giving such a unrealistic result.

Like this poll for example, 7 percent is way to low just using basic logic.

It will cause most people to assume the number is way too low or off base and just disregard it outright. At that point, the best you can hope, is that some mindless shill will latch onto such an extreme, and unlikely, piece of data and run with it.

What are the odds of that happening though(I'd assume about 7 percent).

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Right

(post by notsure1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Pollaganda... people are onto it George...

+1 for effort though...

Pollaganda uses outcome-based opinion samples (polling instruments designed to generate a preferential outcome) reflecting prior-opinion indoctrination or cultivation by the media. The results are then used to manipulate public opinion further by advancing the perception that a particular opinion on an issue enjoys majority support. The MSM then presents this "data" as if it were "news." patriotpost.us...

edit on 1.23.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join