It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

memory faults or errors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Im 34 years old in good health and only on one medication that i take every day under a doctors supervision.

every day i have to go get my medication(methadone) at my doctors office.

This monday the weather was AWFUL so they gave me monday and tuesdays dose.

yesterday morning i go to look for the medication and it wasn't there, i thought i had lost it and that would be a big deal because i could get into trouble for losing a controlled substance.

i go to the doctors office today and they asked me where i was yesterday, and i was like you gave me 'my take home' and they had a very confused look on their face because according to them they didn't give me that take home.

the thing is i remember going to the pharmacy and getting it. i have a special locking box i keep it in. i remember putting it in the box and taking it out when i got home.

but again on tuesday it wasn't where i left it.

apparently i didn't get a take home according to my Dr.

this has totally blown my mind because i remember going thru all the steps and even taking it out at home.

i have never had a memory issue like this before, i can understand forgetting something but to create all the events that happened in my mind seems....crazy.

that means i never went to the pharmacy and i never took it out at home.

needles to say im a little freaked out, has this kind of thing happened to anyone here?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
meh I think we all have memory farts like this from time to time I would only be worried if it was becoming a regular thing

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
That is really scary. Is there anything in the medicinal product that messes with mind or memory?
I’d be asking the doc about that, maybe there’s some neurological issues with memory connections?
Have you been on it long enough to switch out somewhat to a milder prescription? Would CBD help towards it at all? Maybe a mix of a milder dose, assisted with cbd?

I’d be freaked out too.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

its a strange feeling finding out something i would have sworn on a stack of bibles happened, didn't. not to mention embarrassing

guess that goes to show how fragile memories can be i guess.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
A friend of mine is on methadone and visited me one day , she had a bad back and i gave her some of my 600mg Gabapentin and boy did she melt on my couch

I drank 4-500 mills one day and nothing ,ps i have the memory farts to

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

its an opiate medication i've been on for years and years now and i take a relatively small dose.

it has no effect on memory like valium or xanax would.

it makes me wonder if this has happened before and things i think happened never did,

what was i doing when i thought i was at the pharmacy, what did i take out of my box at home? Its not like some disjointed memory that i would assume would happen with a memory issue but rather mundane and linear in experience
edit on 23-1-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I do not know the side effects of Methadone or the side effects of going off of opiates. I deal more with food science and hacking meds to replace the need for medicine and to fix deficiencies that can cause the problems. When you take any opiates or even eat foods that stimulate the enzymes that break down these types of chemistries to rise, you get to where you need them. The body tries to maintain homeostasis by making more enzymes to break them down, then when you remove the chemistry, the enzymes deplete the bodies level too low. Long term use can cause some changes in the body making lowering the enzymes difficult and you get the DTs. I will try to look into ways to break down the enzymes using natural chemicals found in food, but that is just a patch too, take away the food chemistry and you still make too much enzymes. I will try to do some research on this today, remind me about it, sometimes I get side tracked.

Have you been drinking grapefruit juice with the Methadone? It inhibits the P450 enzymes that break it down. Maybe if you don't take the methadone, it could help stop the enzyme that is causing the body to go too low in this chemistry that increases withdrawal symptoms too, but I am not sure. www.greenhousetreatment.com...

Certain supplements can lessen inflammation and pain, one is bromelain but I am not sure that that proteinase would go with methadone or treat pain from opiate medication withdrawal.

If the body is in a state of inflammation often memory is effected. High histamine levels can cause memory problems too.

I can only supply you with a little information I can find on the subject, you would need to speak to your doctor. There should be a warning about the interaction with grapefruit in the literature of the methadone. Maybe if you just eat the grapefruit the next day, you might not need to have the methadone so often or a much smaller dose with the methadone.

THIS IS OUT OF MY LEAGUE, I CAN JUST GIVE YOU INFORMATION THAT MAY HELP YOU A LITTLE. IF YOU ARE HAVING SOME MEMORY PROBLEMS HAPPENING, THEN SOMETHING MIGHT BE OFF. SOMETIMES A MEDICINE TAKES MANY WEEKS OR MONTHS TO START GIVING SIDE EFFECTS, SEEMING TO HELP AT FIRST THEN CAUSING PROBLEMS AS THE BODY GETS DEPLETED OF SOMETHING.

I wasn't yelling, just trying to say that this is not my expertise, I know a lot about the P450 enzymes including cyp3A4 and cyp3A5. Many Europeans have a non working 3A5 enzyme but the 3A4 can take care of things fairly well. I have read a lot about the chemicals in grapefruit, some of these are related to other citrus too, but the other citrus often are not strong enough to effect things much. I said much, if someone makes less of an enzyme naturally, then even oranges can cause problems for them. I will never be afraid of grapefruit, but I can see some complications if it were consumed every day.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I saw the post that you made for snowspirit. It said you were on it for a while, so it probably is not related unless maybe you ate grapefruit for breakfast the last few days.

Maybe you had a minor stroke, sometimes they stick you into a fog for a day or two if your blood gets too thick or sticky. It may not be anything to do with the methadone. Maybe a small bromelain supplement will help keep the platelets from sticking together to keep any kind of circulation problems at bay. I am not sure how that will react with the methadone, maybe your doctor knows.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Methadone doesn’t cause these types of memory issues. Did you mix any benzos with it? A lot of people on methadone do that.

The only other explanation, maybe a MandelaDone effect?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

no i don't mess with benzos anymore as they are the devil incarnate on a few levels

it is truly one of the strangest things ever(for me) finding out that apparently something i was totally convinced happened and remember going thru the motions never happened.

very twilight zone like

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Yes, sort of... I almost posted about it but I didn't even know how to describe it. I'll try.

Sat morning I was asleep. My dogs started barking like they do when someone walks into the house/kitchen (the kitchen is right outside my room; garage door into house connects to kitchen). I look at my clock and it says 8:06. I look to my bathroom door which is closed and hear my husband in the bathroom with the blow dryer on (before you make fun of him - it's only for a few seconds - lol).

Therefore, I assume the person coming into the house is my 17 yo son, coming home from spending the night at a friend's as he and his dad had an appt at 9:30. I call his name. He answers yes and comes in to my room and stands by my bed and says hey mom. I said I'm glad you're on time - dad's drying his hair. He said ok and he's going to go up and change. I fall back asleep.

I wake up at 10:30 to my husband putting a drink and breakfast on my nightstand. We start chatting and he proceeds to tell me how mad he was that our son almost made them late because he didn't get home that morning until 9:15. I sit straight up freaked out. We discuss what I remember and I was right about the time husband was drying hair but son did not walk in until over an hour later.

Now - I realize this was most likely a very vivid dream. But it was VERY VIVID and nothing like I - at almost 50 - have ever experienced (and I lucid dream now and then so that's saying A LOT). It was just freaky. I distinctly and clearly remembered every detail of this interaction with my son entering the house at 8:06, the dogs barking and jumping down off the bed, son coming in to the room, talking to me, husband in bathroom drying hair, etc. I mean - SO DANG VIVID that I got the time my husband was drying his hair exactly right. It really freaked me out most of the day. It was a very weird feeling. And important to note maybe is that I am not on ANY medications and don't drink alcohol. Don't have mental issues. In general, I'm fairly boring. But that... tripped me totally out.

new topics

top topics

join