It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doubling down: Covington Catholic students show up to games in blackface

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

You are daft and prove my point.
The high school kids WEREN'T PROTESTING ANYTHING.
They were directed to that location to meet their bus.

It is ok mate no worries, you mean well, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: LSU2018

SLPC has this to say:

The social-media-driven controversy over the meaning of the well-known hand sign has arisen in part as the result of a deliberate hoax concocted on the internet message board 4chan, which in addition to its well-earned reputation as a gateway to the racist “alt-right” is perhaps more broadly known as the home of trolling culture.

So when someone flashes the “OK sign” with that knowing smirk, it’s not just a harmless act that can be dismissed. It may or may not mean that they are a white nationalist attempting a sly signal. But the sign unquestionably identifies the user as one thing: a troll.

Is that an OK sign? A white power symbol? Or just a right-wing troll?

Interesting... I wonder what it meant before it was changed to mean something else a few years ago. I've used it as A-OK since the 80's.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

SLPC has this to say:

The social-media-driven controversy over the meaning of the well-known hand sign has arisen in part as the result of a deliberate hoax concocted on the internet message board 4chan, which in addition to its well-earned reputation as a gateway to the racist “alt-right” is perhaps more broadly known as the home of trolling culture.

So when someone flashes the “OK sign” with that knowing smirk, it’s not just a harmless act that can be dismissed. It may or may not mean that they are a white nationalist attempting a sly signal. But the sign unquestionably identifies the user as one thing: a troll.

Is that an OK sign? A white power symbol? Or just a right-wing troll?

let me translate for the SPLC.

"We on the left, the moral superiors of this world can determine based on what we feel about a person rather that symbol means white power when they use it"

Common tactic on we see; they can call anything they want racist, and then when they do the same thing, its not racist, because they know they are good people.

Ok symbol? lebron, clinton, steph curry, Hillary etc use it = no problem! Trump or convington basketball players = racist!

Make america great again? Bill clinton says it = awesome. Trump says it = racist.

Awkward smirk when someone gets in your face? Anyone ever on the left would do it = showed great restraint! Maga hat wearing kid = racist punch able face of white supremacy and privilege.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Yeah, it's meant "OK" for as long as I can remember.

It has also been used in that punching game at least since I was in elementary school; as long as it is below eye level and you don't poke your finger in it without being caught by the one making the gesture, if they catch you, you get two punches.

In the context in which it is being used to attempt to smear Covington Catholic school it means a 3 point shot in a basketball game. The slow learners who seem to think it is racist are ignorance personified.

Simpletons will be simple.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I maybe daft , however I am not daft enough that I cant admit when Im wrong !I thought that the old dude was protesting something and those black isrealites showed up to piss everyone of with their mad ideology
I thought the kids were protesting something but you confirmed that wasnt the case!

Even still if they are there waiting for a bus , aye very good , but they seem to be making a lot of noise for people just waiting for a bus , still just being teens mixing things up just for the lolz as teens do , but teens or no , they still know what they are doing , just as much as the old man drumming and the black israelites there taking the piss and spouting their vile hate!
They are all conscious of what they are doing and have made the choice to do it , they will then have to live with the consequences.

has anyone done anything wrong, legally no , not in america where you can say pretty much anything you like about anyone or anything without getting locked up so long as its not slander, but then others will argue , just because you have the right to say something doesnt mean you should say it.
I don agree with the Israelites, I think they are mad , I dont agree with preaching hate in public , or doing anything that causes others suffering .

I dont approve of a gang of teens acting like a wee gang, Ive seen enough of that in Scotland so I ken what a squad of young men at that age are capable of! Hyeenas with a couple of leaders who think they are lions.

I dont approve of the auld yin getting in their face like that , because he could have got hurt if # went south.

like I said, they all believe that what they are doing is right , and that they cant be wrong !

Anyway as I said , its just media hype blown out of proportion

you know the old saying, if you tall the talk , then you better walk the walk !

Does it matter if I mean well if you have already judged me ?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

So you didn't actually know what was going on?
no worries
I don't know about how things would go in scotland, but here when a group of racist adults confront a group of students and spew vile racist taunts towards them we have an issue.
This was not a "gang of teens acting like a wee gang" that you have seen; this was a group of students waiting on the school bus to take them home.
NONE of the students started any of this; and when the native man approached the one child in the video simply smiled at the native man playing his drum. NOT the actions of "a wee gang" that you speak of eh?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'd like to see the opinion of someone who professionally reads body language.

Smirk or smile? Who's taunting whom?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I watched the video and all I got was a bunch of teens acting as teens do, being loud and generally having fun at the expense of everyone or everything around them including each other !
Typical teen behaviour , you have misunderstood what I meant by teens in gangs by gangs I mean large groups or squads, or unit not a literal gang of theives or career criminals.

I am aware of how things can go from teens having fun and being teens, to teens being dangerous, teen gangs are rife in Scotland , Boys when they hang around in large numbers will continually push each other to encoruage each other to go one step further and keep going as they are in a pack mentality , and by that I mean anyone can be johnny big baws when they are 50 deep and will often end in one of them taking a risk in order to impress the group and continue the fun! hence why you have the wee fella right up front showing the boys how its done ,much to their excitement.

Those boys were clearly aware of what they were doing by reacting to those who were giving them grief! Because they feel invulnerable
Which is fine people should be able to speak their mind if they are being verbally assaulted . TRose boys are well within their rights to act the way they were, should they be doing it , well thats subjective really
Im not advocating it , but you know if they are christians then they should just forgive the others and be done with the whole thing right?

The native man shouldnt have got in that kids face, but he is older and supposedly wiser , so he should know better and he should also have to live with the consequences of that action ! as will the others.
He was obviously willing to take the risk of challenging that young mans patience , anything could have happened to that old guy thankfully nothing but smiles and a wee bruised ego !

In Scotland when we have racist groups on the street, they are normally coralled by the police and protected from other members of society , because we dont take kindly to racists and bigots in Scotland. Its a zero tolerance policy from our government because of 300+ years of sectarian violence and bigotry.
We also have hate speech laws here, which I dont think are very democractic or legal , since they deal with highly subjective terms regarding what is considered offensive or caused offense to an individual but still the very same laws which I am sketpical of as they give too much power to government , but they also lock up some really crazy hateful people.

when neo nazi groups or other hate groups protest here they are gaurded by the police because normally people will attempt to counter protest them.

We have a long history of political protests and violence at them due to the sectarian history. Lots of young men at 16 in Scotland at least are considered fully aware of the law . offending others in scotland normally gets ye a verbal warning but if you push it as is often the case, then it ends in violence which doesnt really help anyone

Those teens are mild mannered in comparison to some of the groups of teens who hang around in Glasgow granted , but still they are humans and they all act the same at that age .

I suppose we can be lucky they arent catholic teens from Glasgow back from their game waiting on a bus , as they;d be full ae the bucky and MD2020 , rolling blunts and giving everyone lip!

edit to add I have nothing against catholics , any group of teens regardless of their religious affiliations will act the same way thats what teens do , but in scotland I was suggesting that they'd likely be indulging in fun with alcohol and soft drugs!

edit on 23-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I think the last guy to attempt to carry out a hate crime in Scotland got set on fire and got his baws booted

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

I think the kid was smirking because some old ugly dude with a drum wandered up to him and started beating it in his ear. It was quite surreal. He probably thought he'd been engaged by the town lunatic. If there is anyone who deserves the piss ripped out of them it's the fake vietnam vet with the drum.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I am getting really tired of people digging into the past to spark outrage in 2019, with the current radicalized SJW social media mania.
If your a public figure you signed up for that, go for it, but private citizens, leave them alone.
Those kids are graduated by now anyways.

Pathetic left MSM, the Huffington Post has lost all credibility, at one point they were not bad, but now they are just a propaganda arm for the alt-left.
More Fake News.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

but istn looking back to the past to learn lessons what we humans do ?

I understand the idea that judging the actions of the past with the standards of today is something that would be said , and yes Id agree, if your standards of today are much higher, however I have pointed out before, humanity had already achieved a high standard of living over 300 years ago and we were considered the pinnacle of human achievement after the renaissance and the enlightenment , we had secured our rights in constitutions and invented many things to aid humanity in our march towards perfection.
We were already supposed to be civilised however it looks like we arent learning those lessons any more , so we have to look back with a magnifying glass to see where we can learn !

I right this as Im listening to MP's in westminster speak about holocaust memorial because we havent learned our lessons and we still continue to carry out genocide across the planet !

We havent changed, so yes , we must look back and bring up painful memories, so we can push ourselves collectively forward !

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

It was neither a smirk or a normal smile. It's that stupid grin you get on your face when you have no idea what's going on, are scared, uncomfortable and don't know what to do. I've been stuck with that kind of grin before, it's a nervous reaction and is damn near impossible to prevent once it takes hold. The grin I recognize is the thing once I recognized it for what it was, cemented for me how victimized these poor kids are. The very "grin" everyone is all in his face about is the very thing that makes him clearly a victim. The poor kid was terrified, confused and had no idea how to deal with the situation, so he just stood there, "grinned" and bared it all, to #ing afraid to react.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The colors are blue and white

The game was a black out game as many schools do where everyone dresses all black

There are white outs games as well with white paint

It was not racist

Why paint their eyes/mouth in white then if its an 'all black-out' theme? The only other blackpaint with white eyes/mouth I'm aware of is Blackface.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Looks more like venom from spiderman than some minstrel blackface to me. See how the outlining around the eyes and mouth are matte white and come to a point? Not sure why he would do that if he was going for minstrel.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wonder if this will get the same VIRAL coverage????
www.foxnews.com...

The students from Covington Catholic High School were cleared of any wrongdoing after an independent investigation funded by the diocese found they were not the instigators of the viral incident with a Native American man at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., last month. The inquiry, conducted by Greater Cincinnati Investigation Inc., found that the accounts of Nick Sandmann, his classmates and the chaperones on their trip to the nation’s capital were consistent with videos that circulated online showing that it was they who were harassed by a group of so-called Black Hebrew Israelites.

“We found no evidence of offensive or racist statements by students to Mr. Phillips or members of his group,” the report stated.

Cleared
imagine that

The Rev. Roger Foys, the bishop of Covington, told parents in a letter obtained by Fox News that their students had been exonerated for the misrepresentation of their actions on January 18. “The immediate world-wide reaction to the initial video led almost everyone to believe that our students had initiated the incident and the perception of those few minutes of video became reality,” he said. “In truth, taking everything into account, our students were placed in a situation that was at once bizarre and even threatening.”

and exonerated

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

As a semi pro poker player where reading body language can make the difference between winning and losing....

He was just a snotty little kid trying to out macho his mates. Typical at that age actually...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join