It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doubling down: Covington Catholic students show up to games in blackface

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
First, looking at it logically who would make a Nazi sign cheering at a B-ball game...lol It looks like someone made a 3 and they are cheering it...go figure.

BTW would it be wrong for me to wish old Kathy was the one in the wood chipper?

True Nazis on the left. Nazis put kids in the gas chamber the left want to put them in woodchippers.

They are the true Nazis.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Back in my day if you made that gesture and got your buddy to look you got an open invitation to punch them in the arm. And as others gave said it's been associated with 3 pointers in basketball for some time. Why are you not condemning the dumb people that have bought into a larp to further that divisive message, Kathy Griffins Twitter is in the thread promoting bs, but your busy arguing with the people actively calling it out?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
It's only a matter of time until the journalists pushing these fake stories to cause hate and violence are targeted themselves. It can't happen soon enough in my opinion.

How do you identify journalist pushing fake stories? Some one with a camera?

Fair point. Our journalism is practically non existent in this country.

Though I will defend even these jerks from violence for their actions.

Do you consider yourself a journalist with your youtube channel? You do have an agenda, do you not?

I am not a journalist at all.

I am a biased commentator.

I am not contacting sources, getting statements, etc.

Thats what journalist are supposed to do, report facts not give their opinions.

Sadly, we have very few of those left.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Maybe it's a fraternity of guys that have spent the night with Griffith?? doesn't really sound too far off to me!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
It's only a matter of time until the journalists pushing these fake stories to cause hate and violence are targeted themselves. It can't happen soon enough in my opinion.

How do you identify journalist pushing fake stories? Some one with a camera?

Fair point. Our journalism is practically non existent in this country.

Though I will defend even these jerks from violence for their actions.

Do you consider yourself a journalist with your youtube channel? You do have an agenda, do you not?

I am not a journalist at all.

I am a biased commentator.

I am not contacting sources, getting statements, etc.

Thats what journalist are supposed to do, report facts not give their opinions.

Sadly, we have very few of those left.

The fact is you more of a "journalist" then any of the MSM.

They dont have one ounce of credibility left. And 0 integrity .

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Back in my day if you made that gesture and got your buddy to look you got an open invitation to punch them in the arm. And as others gave said it's been associated with 3 pointers in basketball for some time. Why are you not condemning the dumb people that have bought into a larp to further that divisive message, Kathy Griffins Twitter is in the thread promoting bs, but your busy arguing with the people actively calling it out?

ha we still play that game..

I took a picture of myslf doing it and sent iit to my friend in Oklahoma. He saw it and said dammit.

Next time I see him I am going to punch him.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

It was not racist

It is *unlikely* it was intentionally racist...but black paint on a persons face is never a great idea unless it is obviously part of a halloween costume or something simply due to fairly recent history. I would say this was just a poor fashion choice.

It was a blackout. Have you ever watched a sport where the fans had their faces painted? Sometimes they paint their body black.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well, I got got when searching, the top of the google page said black and white, and I included the link. In the link it does say blue and white, so I will edit that in OP.

Seems there have been a lot of editing of pages recently, and the main school page is down at the moment.

It doesn't matter. Those people will find the smallest thing in their attempt to discount the facts.

Well I hope everyone here knows I care about the facts a lot... So much so I'll admit when I've made an error, which I've done.

But many who have wrote articles based on false information haven't.

Because they're dishonest.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

the adults that were confronting the high school kids that some here defend and others ignore.....guess what....

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks extremist groups, categorized at least 80 groups nationwide that follow Hebrew Israelite theology as hate groups.

some here are defending a hate group and condemning children

groups like Hebrew Israelites were also anti-gay, anti-white and anti-Semitic

but that is ok because the kids had on red hats....right?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

when they target our children its time to stop being tolerant.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Aye sure Scotland are into helping others !

right so these children dont have minds of their own and cant fathom whats happening ?
sorry that wouldnt hold up under scrutiny by simple fact is they are conscious beings with the ability to reason
and think for themselves.
Arent there consequences for anyone who does something wrong in the eyes of the law ?

I live by my own advice, I never go out of my way to intentionally interact with other humans in such a way which would cause them distress or they could be offended ! If I do unintentionally cause distress or offend someone then im normally aware of it and apologise! I wouldnt say I have very much experience in my 36 years on earth , but when I was their age I behaved as I still do! However why do you ask me to take my own advice , are you planning to shoot me ? sounds unreasonable

Because the news media in America will report anything that can generate views , and you know full well they do it because it gets them ad revenue !

click bait etc , just to get those precious ad revenues , and at the same time stir up hype and beef in order to keep those clicks and views coming !

edit on 23-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

You go right ahead and blame the children instead of the hate group that confronted them.
No worries from you mate.
Its all I need yo know about ya.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Arent there consequences for anyone who does something wrong in the eyes of the law ?

Who broke the law?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

I've been hearing that aliens are soon to make themselves known to us. I specifically remember Clinton saying she'd declassify alien files if she won. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that all these liberals that act like they're way past retarded are just host bodies to the aliens roaming our Earth. Nobody could be that dumb or try to destroy our civilization at that level. Had Hillary won, the takeover would've began.

Kathy the alien Griffin will soon be making a tweet for this...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Im not blaming them if you read my post previous youd see I said they both know full well what they are dong every single one of them out there just to cause division and antognise each other , the old man is just as much to blame he should know better to get in the face of young adults !

what you should know about me is that you can think anything you like about me but I wont judge you for it !
you are entitled to your opinion!

Sorry just realised its not in my previous post ! oops , my brain timelapsed there , anyway I may have not added that in my first post but that old man should know better, even the hate groups targeting kids !

just reinforces the point , you shouldnt go out running your mouth or antagonising people ,because # like this happens!
edit on 23-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No one as far as I am aware , I was just referring to the fact that there are consequnces which we are all aware of I was referring to the law , and there are also consequences for anyone who wants to go out intentionally to antagonise others or be vocal about their opinions or anything which can be considered anti social!

If you have a strong opinion about something and you go out into the world to let people know about it , someone somewhere wont agree with you and will probably be offended by your existence
so there are consequences to it all , every single thought you have that you act on , there are consequences, and anyone with a fully functioning brain should know that and does know that!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
They are also pushing this pic of white Covington basketball players throwing up "nazi signs".

I am just dumbfounded. Clearly, most of the people pushing this narrative have never played in or spectated a sporting event. As others have stated, the "blackface" was at a blackout event where all of the fans dress in black and some take it further by donning black paint. There are also photos of the same fans doing a white out and a blue out.

As for the photo above, teammates are throwing up the "three" gesture after a made three point basket. Anyone who has watched any basketball game (high school, college or pro) will see this same gesture from players when a 3pt is made. Hell, that's how the refs signal so the scoring table knows it was three and not a two. Are all the referees some secret nazi cult?

People have truly lost their damn mind.

The "o" gesture is an actual meme or something from 4chan, meant to promote divisiveness.

Says who?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

So you have no idea what went on or what you actually posted but they shouldn't antagonize peope?

Like I posted.
No worries from you mate you just reinforced that!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

SLPC has this to say:

The social-media-driven controversy over the meaning of the well-known hand sign has arisen in part as the result of a deliberate hoax concocted on the internet message board 4chan, which in addition to its well-earned reputation as a gateway to the racist “alt-right” is perhaps more broadly known as the home of trolling culture.

So when someone flashes the “OK sign” with that knowing smirk, it’s not just a harmless act that can be dismissed. It may or may not mean that they are a white nationalist attempting a sly signal. But the sign unquestionably identifies the user as one thing: a troll.

Is that an OK sign? A white power symbol? Or just a right-wing troll?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Yeh I do have an idea of what went on , those people were protesting peacfully and some "Woke Black Israelites " showed up to start antagonising them , then they all started getting each others faces and the media went bat # crazy over it as they normally do! Everyone takes sides and here we are !

Apologies if my understanding of the event isnt factually correct , but all I seen is a bunch of people being worst #s to each other for no reason than they dont want to be wrong , they believe wholeheartedly that what they are doing is ok , but ideally they are just dividing themselves from human connection!

And as I said before you are free to think as you please !

aww the best

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join