It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doubling down: Covington Catholic students show up to games in blackface

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's only a matter of time until the journalists pushing these fake stories to cause hate and violence are targeted themselves. It can't happen soon enough in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

It's not a fake story, this is about public perception. It's about faking an (innocent) perception.

edit on 23-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

this is about public perception

that is actually a true statement
interesting to see how the internet has taken the ability to shape such from the msm and given it to the people with actual facts
also interesting to see how the facts do not line up with the msm in this case

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It's not a fake story, this is about public perception. It's about faking an (innocent) perception.

You mean like Mr. Phillips did?

Face it. He lied and misrepresented as much as anyone else, but you can't admit that because you NEED for all this to be true. After all, to admit that it is or could be anything other than as simple and clear cut as you and many others thought it was means admitting that you might have been the tiniest bit wrong in your initial rush to judgment.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This topic has become more and more stupid, in really short time.

I think we can all agree that highschoolers can be credibly, irritably, confusingly stupid. Very often, very easily.

Many of us can agree that keeping the heat on at one highschool in the media is useless, stupid, and an act of divisiveness. Passive-aggressive, too.

Some of us might agree that this kid had a smirk you would want to .. remove from his set of facial expressions. Not by physical force, of course. If that were my kid and he would smirk like to me, I would have found some very clear words about it. That is not the usual "I am unsure what to say/do/look like right now, lets play dumb" expression.

And finally, I myself can only assume that the rightists are trying to milk this non-topic the best they can, to cover up the Trump Shutdown or the Trump Not-attending of Davos, or the Trump-Jong-Un-Brolove and so on.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Please.

Lets not forget you think these kids and their parents have what coming to them by all the doxxing and threats because they acted so poorly.

Meanwhile you brush of the black racist that attacked them, and refuse to acknowledge that the "good Samaritan" Phillips lied to smear these kids, while saying the racist attacking them were telling them truths they were sheltered from in their white schools.

You are one of the most disturbing people I have seen discuss this on ats, so please lets not pretend your an authority on faking innocence.

(post by notsure1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Seems there have been a lot of editing of pages recently, and the main school page is down at the moment.

That's what I've been saying. They've been editing and removing videos and picture from the web that put Cov Cath in a bad light.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

It's not the Right that is pushing this BS, but your attempt at deflection is noted.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yes we know the leftists talking points.

When the first video came out iot was a big story that showed white kids trump and the wall were racist.

As we found out the video didnt tell the whole story, and the left doxxed and threatened kids while the media pushed a flase narrative agianst them, still ignoring the actual racist that went after them,

Now the left says this is a non story just being pushed by trump people.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

And finally, I myself can only assume that the rightists are trying to milk this non-topic the best they can, to cover up the Trump Shutdown or the Trump Not-attending of Davos, or the Trump-Jong-Un-Brolove and so on.

I think you're trying to downplay the left's bigotry. Kids are having their lives threatened over this, being accused of being racist. Hell, they can't even go to school because of all the threats of violence and in reality they didn't do anything they were accused of. But by all means, keep your head in the sand, it's pretty fitting.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

While you speak in code, I'm gonna say it like it is.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I won't say that words can't hurt. I won't lie and say I have never been provoked by things people have said. I will tell you, truthfully, that in all my 60+ years, I have never struck someone for mouthing off, no matter how vile or foul it may have been. The line I drew in the sand was touching me. Two things that was a guaranteed fist to cuffs, for me, was hitting me or spitting at me. Either one of those two, meant a trip to the hospital for one or both of us.

This new idea that hurt feelings are justification for bloodshed, is ridiculous. Why are people allowing this insanity to take root. I just don't believe the majority of the people think or act this way. I believe it is more wag the dog manipulation.

It is time to cut the cord. Transmission sent but not received.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Meanwhile you brush of the black racist that attacked them, and refuse to acknowledge that the "good Samaritan" Phillips lied to smear these kids, while saying the racist attacking them were telling them truths they were sheltered from in their white schools.

That's your perception and the perception that MAGA supporters are pushing. It's not my perception, based on what I've seen and read about this school and these students.

link   

The only thing stupid about this is people like you attempting to point any blame on high school kids waiting as they were directed for a bus.
The entire incident is on video and the kids were not violent, did not instigate any confrontations even when faced with racist language.
When confronted by what we now know to be a lying activist in disguise, the child confronted simply smiled at the adult confronting him.
NOTHING these children did deserves blame. The fact that you would attempt such instead of placing it on the adults that deserve it says more about you than you know.

link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

Seems there have been a lot of editing of pages recently, and the main school page is down at the moment.

That's what I've been saying. They've been editing and removing videos and picture from the web that put Cov Cath in a bad light.

Yes please tell everyone your theory.

You admit the videos we can all see now dont really show the evils the kids did.

But you saw videos that were actually linked even on ats of camera angles that showed the kids doing all sorts of terrible things.

But then inexplicably the very news outlets that were outraged by the boys pulled those videos, and replaced them with the current videos.

Now these news outlets are gutting flak for jumping the gun. But instead of reporting the videos that prove these kids are racist and would vindicate these outlets, they are remaining silent because this is a national conspiracy.

And somehow there arent thousands of people saying "wait I saw other videos, why did news outlets take them down!" and for some reason these anti trump outlets that couldnt wait to attack these kids are covering for them.

And only you have seen the true video evidence.

Seek help.
edit on 23-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

That's your perception and the perception that MAGA supporters are pushing. It's not my perception, based on what I've seen and read about this school and these students.

Its my perception that thes e black racist attacked the kids?

Its my perception that phillips defended them, even though I can link the article where he does just that?

In other words, you will ignore facts because you know these white kids must be deserving of the treatment they are getting.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Its my perception that thes e black racist attacked the kids?

Its my perception that phillips defended them, even though I can link the article where he does just that?

In other words, you will ignore facts because you know these white kids must be deserving of the treatment they are getting.

Because he is a RACIST LIAR. Period paragraph end of subject.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

That's what I'm saying, that the videos that I saw that showed the kids behaving badly were removed from the web.
edit on 23-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join