It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of wall, why not make it a crime to hire, harbor and support illegal immigrants?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
It has a higher success rate than checking a box that you are not an illegal.
The persons picture is in the database.

Until it's mandatory it can be easily bypassed.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not about putting any Hispanics or anyone out of work who are in the USA legally and have right to work.

Sure 3 strikes rule would be nice, unless flagrant where there is someone housing dozens and obviously knows what they are doing...maybe send in a mole and investigate employers and for those suspected of housing and giving shelter, give them a 30 day notice to comply or else...

If there is nowhere for illegal immigrants to find safe shelter and protection and support and jobs...that should reduce the desire to even go to the usa.....especially if not able to get a job or food and anyone caught helping going to be causing trouble for them, be it family or whatever.

If treated them like terrorist, and used drones to attack them in their homeland before they even left and might be a solution also, though look at syria and other places where there has been war and dronem bombings and all the refugees created by the crisis's and reason so many are seeking safe haven and food and shelter...

Who is responsible for the reason the majority of asylum seekers are refugees in some of these situations?

Latin American been under the hand of the USA for awhile now...

edit on 23-1-2019 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

the problem is - that many people and industries are " artificially subsidised " by illegal imigrant workers

ant current retail price structures - several industries cannot afford ot pay anything but slake labour rates - that only illegals will accept

an ergregious example here in the UK = " hand car washes " - basically clean your car - inside and out

5 blokes - working for 27 minuites [ stopwatched it ] - £10 quid " basic "

6 blokes 51 minuites £25 quid " full everything "

equipment , electricity , water rates etc site maintainence - has to come out those prices before wages -

caveat - the stopwatch times - were not done by me - but i know a bloke working with a employment rights charity

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Think about it....

Who has the power to influence the way laws are enforced in America? Apparently the voters don't as the corporations with their money, lobbiest, and lapdog politicians have much more influence on government.

Bottom line is profit, and cheap labor is a means to that end.

deal with it....

It's not a democratic republic, it's a Corpratrcracy. Even with a stupid wall the illegal workers will always be with us; in the meat packing industry, construction, hotel maids, fruit pickers, landscapers, dish washers, etc, and other menial low wage, dead end, jobs.
edit on 23-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's not a democratic republic, it's a Corpratrcracy. Even with a stupid wall the illegal workers will always be with us; in the meat packing industry, hotel maids, fruit pickers, landscapers, dish washers, etc, and other menial low wage jobs.

As is usually the case, it is about greed.
Many I have talked to said, they have no problem with the cheap labor coming over the border, just make those legal.
The criminals and free loaders though they want to keep out.

Or in other words, keep the things that cost me money out and the things that I can profit from coming in.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The law making it a crime would be immediately repealed in 2024 would be my guess.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

think subsidies and anyone who knows how to run and manage a biz and the right marketing campaign and most of all...the message, would make it work and help.

Those who want to support the people and at the same time help protect them from having them in their backyard or home, and be safe not worrying about getting killed or job took from them, by purchasing their products, be a win win for everyone.

Tons of desert space and solar ac units make it cool could just have areas that are on the border and be called whatever is fitting and set up to make everyone happy.

If they just need a job, think everyone should help with that as a solution and way to help curb the problem, would be a great attribute.

Build fences around the the areas and set up with the infrastructure, policing and medical attention and all needed to make it okay for children and families to come and work and make enough to at least survive and not be at risk of being killed in violence or other abuses.
edit on 23-1-2019 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Hungary got one passed, called the Soros Law....

Think there could be a fair ground to compromise on and be cheaper than a wall and have better end results.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001
Well if it is about greed and people are profiting from illegal workers, sounds like the fine is not fitting for the crime and if anyone is running on a political platform, just need to make it clear how many times the corporations who contributed to the politician's campaign, is known how many times it has been fined for hiring illegal and undocumented workers.

shut down any company that continues, so they will not have money to contribute to the politicians and elected officials, will stop lot of that...

Besides a hefty fine that is greater by 10x all the money they thought they might save by using an illegal labor force...

Then government can go around collect money and take over the companies in situations where the leadership failed to act and comply accordingly.

Think it would be simple fix and soon as enforcement was implemented, it would be just a matter of months before could see the change...first one...be ton of help wanted ads.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Although you are thinking (something that will no doubt be shouted down), I don't think it should be illegal to provide humanitarian type aid to the undocumented.

But those who take advantage of the undocumented for their own personal profit should be prosecuted and should compensate the government for costs associated with either getting proper documentation or for returning the the 'workers' to their country of origin.

Perhaps those who abuse the undocumented should themselves have to apply to gain citizenship rights?

Also, perhaps any leftover funding could be repurposed into a reward for information leading to the prosecution of lawbreakers?

Similarly, many of the people seeking to immigrate, rather than asylum seekers, should be taxed to fund the expansion of government and social services that will be a consequence of their arrival.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bob77
that is the price for being world policeman...

Interpol are the world policemen.

The US is just a terrorist group.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

How coincidental, Trump just posted his thoughts on the options......

Trump - twitter

The wall isn't being built. There is a government shutdown about its funding.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If the United states withdraws from everywhere will interpol take over?
Lol
I disagree with some deployments but I would be glad to have each and every troop home if interpol is voluntarily taking over everything....

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Trump - twitter

The wall is in fact being built bud. Lol again

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen
a reply to: vinifalou

Trump says 63,000 killed by illegal immigrants....not sure ISIS has killed that many around the world in all the countries...combined...

If True, seems like labeling illegal immigrants as Terrorist would be in order and same for those who support the terrorist?

Tens of thousands killed in Iraq by a belligerent extra-national group. This group even killed each other in their bloodlust rage (24% of their casualties were 'friendly fire').

The group who did it called it "Operation Desert Storm".

Bloody terrorists!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

Trump - twitter

The wall is in fact being built bud. Lol again

In June last year, Trump said that they had already started the wall in San Diego and had $1.6 billion dollars.

But that was Obama's wall, started back in 2009, and the funding came from the Obama administration, as it was with the Calexico project.

Have you even seen any pictures of the final wall construction design? Because apparently there were several prototypes still being evaluated and ridiculed because they could be cut, climbed or had gaps big enough to let most people get through, in January this year (oh, wait, it's still January).

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Because a lot of members of congress and our president benefit from illegal immigration.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow, that's all I can say about this one.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

If the United states withdraws from everywhere will interpol take over?
Lol
I disagree with some deployments but I would be glad to have each and every troop home if interpol is voluntarily taking over everything....

That's like asking if ISIS withdraws from everywhere, will the Pakistan take over?

The US were NEVER the world police and they have caused more war and mayhem, rather than peace, nearly everywhere they have 'interceded'.

And where they have no interests in oil, or minerals, (or drugs), they don't seem to care if there is criminal or humanitarian crises. So as policemen, they are bloody crap and seem to only serve themselves.

edit on 23/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Justoneman
But apparently a wasp with no stinger because the gov seems to ignore this hiring of them. That is not being allowed in California and a few other states from what I see. Am I wrong?

You need to complete an I-9 in California, I just hired someone there and it's required.

If the Federal Government is not enforcing existing laws what good is passing more that they will ignore as suggested by the Original Poster?

My sentiment when I posted that reply.

My suggestion is ENFORCE the existing laws, problem solved by demagnetizing the job to allow under the table pay. If they think they will easily get away with it, the cheaters will cheat.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join