It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of wall, why not make it a crime to hire, harbor and support illegal immigrants?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Make abetting a Terrorism crime with fines of $10k-100k fine and face up to 10 years in prison and asset forfeiture for those who give shelter, food and support of any kind to illegal immigrants and for those who hire and employee them, hefty fines and penalties and even criminal charges against those who do?
Could go one step further and use the patriot act and send violators down to gitmo for some waterboarding and make examples of in the media and think that would nip a lot of this in the bud.

The money made each year, might be more than enough to fund a wall around the world.
edit on 23-1-2019 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

(post by TinySickTears removed for a manners violation)
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
it already IS a crime to hire, harbor and support illegal immigrants. the problem is that those in power, especially the democrats don't want to enforce those laws. just look at the fact there are sanctuary cities. and sadly it's not just people who hire illegals that is a problem. many of these criminals also use stolen and fake ID and documentation to gain employment (yet more crimes), and other things. so you wouldn't just want to raise fines and give prison sentences (and the criminal record that goes with that) to people who knowingly do these things. but you also need to do the same with any illegal alien that is caught. which of course would mean separating families and children, which is a big NO, NO these days, as you send those breaking the laws rightfully to prison. a lifetime ban on illegals caught from re-entering the country might help. but what punishment do you give them once caught again? it really is not fair to make tax payers pay for their care in prison (food, clothing, shelter, and of course prisoners get free medical care). taking away any assets they might own and bank accounts say up to $100,000 would help as well. but the reality is that they will likely have very little stashed in the US anyway, and would just send even more money back to their home countries and not buy anything that would be worth taking. and their home governments are unlikely to co-operate with taking sent money out of their economies, to give to the US. nor are they likely to enforce their citizens to pay any fines or face prison there.

and that is exactly why a wall is needed (and other border support). so they just can't sneak back in. far easier to prevent said criminals from re-entering the country if they come through actual border points. especially if the keep and check things like DNA and other biometric data on such criminals that can be checked. and we know this is an issue when we see that criminals caught for major crimes have in fact been deported many times in the past. if people are refused entry for life when caught, and they can not just easily sneak back in. it will eventually make people question if it is worth it to be an illegal, if once caught they are thrown out forever. even better would be if other countries such as Canada and Europe would all do the same, and in effect make it so being caught illegally in one country means they can no longer get into most other countries.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

How about drugs, guns and human trafficking?

They're illegal already.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Brilliant....not.

Obviously you haven't heard of an I-9 Form!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
That's what E-Verify was all about but laws fining employers and I.D. programs were crippled or flat out ignored by prosecutors nationwide. I ascribe that to big business wanting cheap labor and hold down prevailing wages for rest of us.

Illegal Aliens are not the only problem though you also have drug running, terrorism and human trafficking to contend with, employment sanctions would not stop those.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Almost makes you wonder if the wall is really needed...if solution is so simple...as it sounds.

If someone thought they could loose their job, car, home, and freedom, for simply hiring an undocumented worker...
Think things would change real quick.

rental units would be subject to asset forfeiture, if a landlord did not comply and lease agreement would need to stipulate, that they will be evicted automatically if they allow an undocumented person into the unit.

In California and some places, read that it is illegal to feed the homeless...

Odd, not able to do the same with illegal immigrants.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Seems like this would be much more effective than a wall would ever be...if fines were an amount that would crippple a biz and not be feasible...

Sounds like the direction to take, and way to go, not a wall.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
As I've said in the past, enforce existing laws about hiring illegal immigrants and legalize marijuana at the federal level. Not only will this cut out two major causes for these people to immigrate it also makes the country money.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen
If someone thought they could loose their job, car, home, and freedom, for simply hiring an undocumented worker...

Sounds like you've never run your own business. There's already a box on the I-9 where someone has to indicate whether they are a citizen, a non-United States citizen, legal alien resident or on a work visa. If they lie about this and also have what appears to be the proper documentation there isn't much the employer can do.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

How about drugs, guns and human trafficking?

They're illegal already.

This OP seems sarcastic.

And TST better pray the patriots get those scopes ready because the Red Dawn is upon us and being vigilant is all we have we can do. It is tradition to keep your powder dry and stay prepared hoping to never have to react. We prepare and be patient as innocent lambs we really are until the next step is taken by whoever 'they' are that are trying to trash the western society's. If any of you think that UN Agenda 21 is bad for you I totally understand.

We have a Republic that attempts to be fair to each individual on a case by case basis unlike any other in history. Now, if we can only keep it Ben Franklin said.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
that is the price for being world policeman...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: dojozen

Sounds like you've never run your own business. There's already a box on the I-9 where someone has to indicate whether they are a citizen, a non-United States citizen, legal alien resident or on a work visa. If they lie about this and also have what appears to be the proper documentation there isn't much the employer can do.

But apparently a wasp with no stinger because the gov seems to ignore this hiring of them. That is not being allowed in California and a few other states from what I see. Am I wrong?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
But apparently a wasp with no stinger because the gov seems to ignore this hiring of them. That is not being allowed in California and a few other states from what I see. Am I wrong?

You need to complete an I-9 in California, I just hired someone there and it's required.

If the Federal Government is not enforcing existing laws what good is passing more that they will ignore as suggested by the Original Poster?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The illegal immigrants that work, have a family and do the normal citizen things are the ones you want. A lot of them do the cheep nasty work that most citizens wont touch. They are doing their bit to make America great.

It's the more nasty ones, that live a life of crime and play by jungle rules are the ones to kick out. Once they are here no amount of bureaucracy will stop them. Getting caught and sent back home has taken away some of the bad ones, does not sound like there is much to stop them coming back.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

There was some sarcasm hinted and intended mixed in ...being facetious.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev
Deporting via Gitmo for those in gangs might be good and for those involved with murders, robberies, and other serious crimes?
edit on 23-1-2019 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
you yanks are f'ing crazy

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The thing is, the illegal aliens do not know about our laws before they come here. They're not lawyers. "Hey, we need to go to the US, man! Jose did, and he's living large in California!" That's what they know. It'll take some time for word of mouth to get around in underdeveloped areas of underdeveloped countries. In the meantime, we now have employers here so scared to hire an illegal alien that the illegals can't find any jobs, so do they go home? Nope... they get on charity programs and live large in California.

And a nice little unintended consequence is that, since employers are under the gun, they'll stop hiring anyone who looks anything other than 100% American, regardless of what their I-9 shows. But that's discrimination, you say? Yes it is, now prove what thoughts ran through the boss's mind when he decided to hire someone else.

You can't prove what someone thinks. All you can do is revert to a new type of McCarthyism, and we already have some of those happening with white being equivalent to "racist" and "Trump supporter" being the new definition of "Nazi." Can we do the McCarthyisms one at a time, please? I'm having trouble keeping up with what I am supposed to be.

How about this as a counter-suggestion: actually enforce the laws that are there now, get rid of sanctuary cities which violate the spirit of those laws, and build a wall? Why does it have to be either/or?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

They most certainly are!

They elected Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, after all.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join