It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Day 34 of the Shutdown - The U.S. Senate Will Vote on Two Bills To Re-Open Government.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
January 23, 2019

Here is a Classic example of MEDIA DECEIT.

Pop Quiz: What's wrong with this headline?

McConnell blocks bill to reopen most of government
Article: thehill.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
January 23, 2019

Here is a Classic example of MEDIA DECEIT.

Pop Quiz: What's wrong with this headline?

McConnell blocks bill to reopen most of government
Article: thehill.com...

Horrible MSM BS 😒

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I'm confused how they can be voting on a "bill" introduced by the President.

It's a bill the president wants that's introduced by a member of congress. Kind of like the whole idea that McConnell won't allow debate on a bill the president has already said he won't sign. Never mind the co-equal branches and checks and balances thing. If the president won't sign it, McConnell isn't willing to force his hand.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thursday, January 24, 2019

This afternoon the U.S. Senate will vote on the two bills described in the Opening Post. If one of them passes, it goes to the House for a vote. Then it's up to the President to sign it into law, thereby re-opening the 34% of US Government that has been shut down since 12/22/2018.

Here is a Live Webcast link. (If you click on "YouTube" it will take you to the YouTube.com website where viewers are commenting while watching.)

edit on 1/24/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I suppose the failure of the DEM and REPUB bills today will put a nail in the coffin of bi-partisan cooperation.

President Trump should just go the Executive Order route to get the border barriers constructed and then immediately sign one of the earlier govt funding bills.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
LOL the first bill (Trump's Plan) is already not getting 60 votes

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Both bills are expected to fail. Even if one of them passed it could not be sent to the US House for a vote because 70% of the house members have gone home for another three day weekend. They only worked 2 days this week.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Both bills are expected to fail. Even if one of them passed it could not be sent to the US House for a vote because 70% of the house members have gone home for another three day weekend. They only worked 2 days this week.

Well that's encouraging 🤣

Trump needs to move on his own.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I think I'm beginning to understand how dictatorships take hold. Seriously. Congress' primary job is to fund the damn government, and they seem to be doing everything humanly possible to avoid doing that. And don't give me any bullsh!t excuses about partisan gridlock. They always managed to work something out before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join