It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How The Bush Administration Will Get Us To Accept The Draft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Tools used to manipulate the masses are:
envy, jealously, anger, hurt, and fear = fear = action

Cause and effect

It isn't that difficult to figure out what what the Bush administration will do next.

Here is a simple mental exercise:

By using these tools: pride, envy, jealously, anger, hate, hurt, and fear, find a solution to this Question:

How will Bush get the American public to accept the draft and he gain popularity at the same time?

(Keep in mind that the numbing and dumbing of America has been so successful that it may take more than a little shock to cause a lasting effect).

I have my own predictions which I will share later. First I want to hear your ideas. Maybe there is a tool or two I have forgotten to mention.
Have at it!

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Bush will invent a reason to invade North Korsyrairan (
) . It will be a substantial reason, something that will move the nation on an emotional level. The "terrorism scare" tactic wont be enough. But an actual attack or some sort of "real" event may do it if it effected enough Americans.

If he does it right, I.e he really pulls the wool over the 55% of the country that voted for him, they wont need to be drafted, they will sign up voluntarily. Then if they arent enough, Bush's 55% will give him all the support he needs to impose a draft.

The problem is, the 45% of Americans who havent been tricked by this man yet, wont have a choice because the sheeple who support Bush will push it through.

Oh, and btw: I voted for Bush his first term. But then I pulled my head out of my a$$ and didnt make that mistake again (didnt make any diff though
)

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
That draft that they had up in congress attempts to draft everyone for at least a few years of "service", regardless of weather they are capable of or needed to serve in the military. I think they will hit us through another avenue all together....economic.
They have already invested a great amount of time and resources depicting those on welfare and such not nice fashions....even though, alot are hard working people, who just aren't capable to make the outrageous amount of money it takes to buy the services and commodities that they need and to pay for the lavish lifestyles of the few leeches (sorry, but well if they can paint, so can't I!!) that sit on the top of the companies providing the services or commodities that they need.
And, well, those at the top want their nice lifestyles bad enough, that they are willing to have their production be shipped across the world for the even cheaper labor....
Which is leaving us with a few high paying jobs, and lots of service type jobs which don't pay enough to live on....
okay, they've made thier scapegoats.....
and, well, I afraid our economy is near collaspe.
so, how do you get a bunch of people working these low paying jobs, get rid of welfare (which so many want to be going.
and still have those lavish lifestyle for the elite.

Many of these low paying jobs we need to keep society functioning.
so, well, a little twisting of the definations of words....ya know, that which clinton was so good at....and community service turns into service ....and, well,
they get to pick the creame of the crop for military service, and everyone else can take turns (2 years service) with these low paying jobs.....as government employees!!!!
and the business sector gets off the hook of having to support their workers and their families making them officially less moral than the slave owners that once flourished in the south.....since, well, they had invested money into their slaves and well, more than likely would at least provide enough to keep them alive long enough to get their money back.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The only reason Bush has been able to move forward with his grand plan to rid the world of tyranny is that the people doing the fighting are there voluntarily. Compulsive military service will only lead to retrenchment and isolationism and that on the part of the electorate and the neocons will be driven out of power peacefully or otherwise.

I think dawnstar may be on to something when he connects economic policy to the availability of volunteers. If the military are the only ones hiring you just might get enough mercenaries.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The Bush administration will do nothing to get people to accept a draft because there will not be a draft. There is no need for a draft, which will create more problems than the rather unimportant benefit of manpower. THe US still has large reserves of military force which can be employed anywhere on the globe against any foe, short of an actual anti-US global alliance. Of course Nuke Detterence prevents that anyway.

The hysteria over a draft is just that, hysteria and paranoia. The only people talking about drafts are the democrats, in particular Representative Rangell. And he explicitly recognized that a draft would be usefull because it would create enourmous anti-war fervor and result in losses for the Republican party and Bush administration. A draft is idiotic. The only situation that could warrant a draft would be one of national survival, as in a russian-chinese alliance against the US. And, again, that is prevented by sheer nuke detterence.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Actually, from what I have heard from Rep. Rangell, he wants to implement the draft as a way to "equalize" the composition of our armed forces. I believe it is his contention that too many members of the US armed forces are either from minority or low-income backgrounds. He also believes that if the sons and daughter of rich US businessmen and lawmakers were drafted and on the front lines, maybe the government wouldn't be so cavalier about throwing our sons and daughters in harm's way. BTW, I also believe that Rangell is a vet of the Korean War, and has much combat experience.

I believe that it would take nothing short of a direct attack on our physical territory by another sovereign nation to reinstitute the draft.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Rangel's "draft proposal," was voted down the first time.
It was then reintroduced a voted down by a margin of 402 to 2.
Rangel To Reintroduce Draft Bill

As mentioned by Pyros, there will be no draft or Bush initiative for a draft short of:

as posted by Pyros
...a direct attack on our physical territory by another sovereign nation...

Been discussed to death already.
Draft

Amounting to nothing but continued 'fear-mongering' and propaganda.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

join