It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown device? Fort Huachuca, AZ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Does anyone know what this device is? I was thinking maybe it had something to do with UAV detection (like a directional microphone) since they do UAV testing there. An acquaintance took the photo on Fort Huachuca (no, he wasn't trespassing). Thanks.

edit on 22-1-2019 by JJRichey because: add additional info

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Have a higher res picture? Might be able to determine a rough idea based on the ID plate on what I assume is the power supply. I’d say accoustic UAV detection is a solid guess. Otherwise might be a ground disturbance sensor like those located around Area 51.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Unfortunately, I do not. This is all I was given. Ground disturbance isn't something I'd thought about, thanks. Could even be for something as innocuous as soil moisture monitoring.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JJRichey

It's an unattended ground sensor. It might be the Multi-Spectral Ground Truth Monitoring System that Saalex was testing there.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I feel like I gotta be the Library Lady here and say: Shhhhh! Come on fellas -- Loose lips sink ships.... OPSEC anyone?!
In other words --- whoever filmed and posted this is violating a position of trust. Shut the cuss up.
Nothing to be gained by putting this out there.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

If they didn't want it to be seen, it wouldn't be on public access land. There's plenty of military land they could have kept it on without anyone else knowing it was there.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Tripple possssst. Sorry!
edit on 22-1-2019 by JJRichey because: Tripple possssst. Sorry!

link   
Thanks Zaphod58. After some searching I came across some UGS systems and was thinking that's what it was. I'll just say it's probably a UGS then. Thanks.

link   
Tripple possssst. Sorry!
edit on 22-1-2019 by JJRichey because: Tripple possssst. Sorry!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If they didn't want it to be seen, it wouldn't be on public access land. There's plenty of military land they could have kept it on without anyone else knowing it was there.

Sorry for the sass - I though it was on base....

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

There's a lot in that area that's considered their training area but allows public access when not in use. It's a pretty big area.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJRichey
Does anyone know what this device is? I was thinking maybe it had something to do with UAV detection (like a directional microphone) since they do UAV testing there. An acquaintance took the photo on Fort Huachuca (no, he wasn't trespassing). Thanks.

Ground sensor-infared cam-pointed slightly up towards 45°

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Not quite th same but you get the idea

And these:

*comp.'s on photos/credit
edit on 22-1-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Zap do you reckon the cable for the device is power, data, or both?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Both. There are a few examples of newer sensors that connect to a main transmitter and antenna, and use the cable to transmit data to it.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Both. There are a few examples of newer sensors that connect to a main transmitter and antenna, and use the cable to transmit data to it.

That’s what I was figuring a nifty trick to use the wire as an antenna.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

It has advantages and disadvantages. It reduces the risk of detection since there's not an antenna sticking up, but it doesn't always transmit a clear signal and can have a shorter range.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Aside from the reasonable statement made by Zaphod58...

There is not a single government on the face of this world that ought to be able to keep as much from its citizens as they do. All of them, without exception are run for the benefit of the governments themselves, not exclusively and fanatically the citizen, as should be the case in all nations.

Until the citizens are the arbiters of what they may know and what they may not, every subversion of secrecy should be welcomed, even if there are ramifications. Capitulation to the current status quo in all nations, only means peaceful demise of liberty. Where government may decide without reference to the people, what it may hide, you have tyranny, nothing more or less.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hail Brit-brother across the pond! Very well said!

M.S.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sigh... all right I take the bait, toss back a swig of coffee and respond:
And ya think the British Government or the Russian Government or the Chinese Government is forthright and honest with it's citizens?
I'm kinda fed up with all the U.S. bashing. We aint perfect, but we are the most innovative attempt at democracy on the planet. yeah, we have jerks in power (both parties). But if our system can hold together through this storm, we'll be alright.
We all need to be vigilant against tyranny. But as individuals, we have so little power. Just day by day choose to be awake, discerning, protect and defend that which you believe in....and yet do the best by our fellow man and woman.
I know too many people who have chosen to serve in the military for these very reasons.
Sociopaths at high levels of government abuse their power and direct the use of military inappropriately --- all the time in every country.
Anyone can sit at their computer screen and spew negative, angry, divisiveness all day and night.... as monkeys toss poo as eachother.
I'm not giving up. I'd rather keep working for creative solutions for a better world, work locally. --- I do not expect my government to do a darn thing for me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join