It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California State Senator Bans Use of “He/She” Pronouns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol, I'm about 35 min into the movie.

Movie lines trigger me to watch that movie.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Yes, they is.

(See how dumb that is.)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The Birth of Think/Speak in our Own Time . WTF ?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The communists did the same thing back in the day.

Everybody was "comrade"

Is state officials banning words even legal under US law? You know there's that whole 1st amendment thing. I know it's just a state senate committee or whatever but it's still an authority doing it.
edit on -060012am1kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lol , so now they switched from being sexist/homophobic to racist.

It use to be racist to use the term "they" . As in who do you mean by "they"

So should you use they to describe a black lady and risk being racist or go for the sexist/homophobic card and call her her?

Or only white people should be called they?

Can we get a do over, its beyond insanity who we let govern us.
edit on 41131America/ChicagoWed, 23 Jan 2019 00:41:00 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Do These Liberals that somehow Heterosexuals will be a minority? lol.
These Liberals need a red pill.
edit on 23-1-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yes let’s rewrite all books too wouldn’t want any kids getting triggered, ffs I weap for our future.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
Yes let’s rewrite all books too wouldn’t want any kids getting triggered, ffs I weap for our future.

They already did it for what was considered racist terms.

When I worked for a certain gov't agency we had several engineering manuals and books scrubbed and re printed to change the hard drive terminology from "Master and Slave" to "Primary and Secondary"

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
When this idiot backpedals, she can always claim it was plastic straw poisoning that caused her to say what she did.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: continuousThunder

""i went to see the doctor yesterday"
"oh really? what did they say?"

They in that sentence refers to the doctors office and the results from the lab people if you got them. They is used properly that, because it is talking about the people involved in the office. Most times the Nurse calls us to tell us about the test results. They is appropriate in your example.

oh, the nurse, you say? well, what did THEY say?

Seriously! i'm not even gonna go near the fact that language is an evolving construct, that people don't use english the same way as they did a hundred years ago and it will have evolved again in another hundred, what really gets me here is that even in the most conservative, traditionalist english, they is ABSOLUTELY used to refer to individual people when you're unsure of their gender and it has for a long long time.
oh look, that 'their' in the last sentence was just used to indicate an individual of undefined gender, and i bet it made sense to you.

When the gays and transvestites start taking over,

i don't even know what to say to this. i've seen your posts around and always thought you were one of the rational ones. not going to bother to reply to anything else in this post. extremely disappointed.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

They in that sentence refers to the doctors office and the results from the lab people if you got them. They is used properly that, because it is talking about the people involved in the office. Most times the Nurse calls us to tell us about the test results. They is appropriate in your example.

Seriously! i'm not even gonna go near the fact that language is an evolving construct, that people don't use english the same way as they did a hundred years ago and it will have evolved again in another hundred, what really gets me here is that even in the most conservative, traditionalist english, they is ABSOLUTELY used to refer to individual people when you're unsure of their gender and it has for a long long time.
oh look, that 'their' in the last sentence was just used to indicate an individual of undefined gender, and i bet it made sense to you.

i don't even know what to say to this. i've seen your posts around and always thought you were one of the rational ones. not going to bother to reply to anything else in this post. extremely disappointed.

When the gays and transvestites start taking over...finish posting the whole sentence and paragraph when quoting me. You are taking what I said out of context. I am just pointing out that it is bad to force change on the masses because the masses will revolt if they feel their rights are being threatened. The wide swings in our society back and forth have never worked because some people start pushing things too far and things suddenly swing the other way and the good is erased. I have gay friends and lately I have been seeing too much pushing by a few of them which is jeopardizing peace and tranquility for all of them. I don't think they need to be in a closet, but I don't think they should be out screwing up traffic here, protesting about something that happened in California. Most people accept them here now, I do not want it turning the other way and have them targeted by society again as they were in the past. Slow and sure and easy, gays and others have equal rights, not more rights than the people here who are straight.

There is nothing wrong with gay people, as long as they are not gay jerks. I don't like straight jerks, black jerks, white jerks, yellow jerks, or government jerks either. People do not need to be pushing others and using ad hominum techniques to try to bully others.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

I wasn't aware that there was a rule that rational people always needed to be rational all the time here? Gee, so cruel..
edit on 24-1-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Is " IT " Still Ok ?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join