It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California State Senator Bans Use of “He/She” Pronouns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK
You can't appropriate my unique sexual identity!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
When my Son died almost 10 years ago, I started having major issues with my mind and believing that things werent right. I used to tell my family and friends that something isnt right. On and on it went until well, here I am still believing things arnt right. I couldnt tell you whats IT is. Maybe when he died it started a sort of "mid-life" crisis in me that I still havent learned to cope with. The reason I say this, is because around that same time, the whole social construct seemed to begin a change as well. Where "common sense" no longer seemed to dictate peoples basic actions. Instead, it was a change to "me and my feelings are the most important thing, overriding your common sense". I sometimes wonder if I have died, or if my reality was somehow merged into another one, because I can tell you, something isnt right. I feel like I'm in hell and cant escape. I cant stand this reality. Maybe too much internet. Maybe time has passed me by. Now I'm just an old, fat, white guy with a lifetime of mental illness to show for it. I want to get off this ride.

There is nothing wrong with you, things have been really getting messed up for the last ten years or so. I am not saying messed up people didn't exist before, just that as you said, common sense has been put aside, risk assessment is not been properly done on changes that have been implemented.

They tried to fix the bully problem in schools and wound up making way more bullies than there was, they created a worse situation than we originally had. Kids and adults are ruthless, civility has begun to leave the nation.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
We aren't there yet thankfully. But watching the braying mobs, and knowing a ton of these people personally, I can see the seeds of it and how these things happen eventually.

I suppose to a certain degree, from a historical and cultural perspective it's interesting.

But it's also a bit scary. Now I feel mildly terrified that a woman or person of color will level a false accusation at me in a weaponized fashion. I already know some cutthroat people who will do anything to get ahead. Once people get believed automatically for accusations of sexism, sexual assualt, or racism, unscrupulous people may take advantage of that.

A good example in my last job is the most toxic, cutthroat person ever finally got called out by a few of us. And, of course, she said it was due to sexism. She's smart. She knew that it had purchasing power to sway some people.

a reply to: ketsuko

edit on 22-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

No, we aren't, but I don't underestimate how quickly it can happen either. It didn't take Germany all that long to descend into madness.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Right, and like a lot of things we need to put the brakes on them before they get too far.

It's like mass surveillance, where most people simply can't comprehend that just going along with it is on the slippery slope to totalitarianism. Or, even if they see the danger, may say something like "we aren't there yet." The problem is, the deeper we go the more difficult it will get to come back. It's gotta be stopped prior to that point.

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

No, we aren't, but I don't underestimate how quickly it can happen either. It didn't take Germany all that long to descend into madness.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I want to identify as Queen B1tch of the Universe. All shall address me as Zher Highness of Everlasting Splendor and Despair.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The Stupidity is strong with that one. SMDH

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well, I bet that comment made him feel like a big man, a real badass.

Not like the type of guy that hasn't been able to pleasure his wife in over a decade. Certainly not like the type of guy who probably has first hand covered for, and there by facilitated, hollywood P culture.

It's not hard to understand that someone like him who has no soul left, would want to feel like a "big man".

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Stop the train, I want off.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I want to identify as Queen B1tch of the Universe. All shall address me as Zher Highness of Everlasting Splendor and Despair.

"Shirley, you can't be serious"

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: xuenchen

My preferred pronoun is the Great White Oppressive Patriarchal CIS Male.

I prefer knuckle dragger.

...and I go by Your Majesty.
Thank you and good day, Sir Knuckle Dragger.
edit on 1/22/2019 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Don't call her Shirley!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They is plural. You can't use they to say she or he.

How the hell did this idiot get elected? Idiot is not gender specific, they can just call everyone and idiot, it is not gender specific nor is it plural.

"i went to see the doctor yesterday"
"oh really? what did they say?"

look at that, wasn't that easy?

on the thread topic in general: guys you're all getting heated about nothing, yet again.. seems to be a real popular pastime around here. there isn't any law, they're not taking your precious pronouns that you never gave a single serious thought to in your lives, this is just one woman in office trying to keep up with societal development. which, let me just make perfectly clear, is happening regardless of how much you carp.
the world is changing and this woman is at least making an effort to keep up.
better than i can say for certain no-hopes around here who spend their lives stealing gifs from camgirls and shaking their fists at the clouds.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Things are getting dumber by the day..Calgon..take me away!!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Don't call her Shirley!

Hey ... that was my line. Now I've gone and developed a drinking problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

societal development

I think you meant societal degeneration.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

""i went to see the doctor yesterday"
"oh really? what did they say?"

They in that sentence refers to the doctors office and the results from the lab people if you got them. They is used properly that, because it is talking about the people involved in the office. Most times the Nurse calls us to tell us about the test results. They is appropriate in your example.

If he and she is not acceptable, neither is the word man or woman. The whole thing is unnecessary, there is no reason to go overboard with this, when all this stuff gets overboard there will be a reversal as society revolts against the craziness that comes out of this kind of stuff. Wild swings always happen if not checked and balanced. Look at prohibition, the wild swing it caused. It seems that changing things without boundries causes so much conflict later on because everyone goes overboard that chaos eventually erupts. When the gays and transvestites start taking over, the straights will get all wild and kill them off because of all the rules and regulations that give them more rights than the straights. I can see that coming in the future, I have a few friends that are gay and do not want to see them destroyed when this happens. Never give a group more rights than the masses, it leads to revolt at a huge scale.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

They is whacko!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

They is whacko!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join