It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In search of your wisdom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I do cover letters and I have tried several different resumes, sometimes i feel I get rejected by the ATS before a human sees it but i cannot be certain that's the case anymore (at the beginning it was because one of the rejection letter was addressed to my street name and not my name...)

I'm pretty much a black hole in regards to my demeanor in life but cannot say I portray insecurity much, I'm being rejected without reaching interviews, That I remember I have not been rejected maybe 5 times in all this time right away, one went to an abstract reasoning and personality test before being ghosted and the others to interviews, 2 were at the same week and i choose the job that dint work after 2 months, the other was better on paper too, but I went for the one I did thinking my wife would be happier in that city...
edit on 22-1-2019 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Have you thought about teaching?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Education is what one does for another. Learning is what one does for themselves.

My two cents... practice cutting new paths and leave a trail behind you rather than look for which trail to follow.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Something in resume? How many jobs and how long at each? Stable and consistent residences? References?
Criminal background issues? (no offense, just had to include it).

Could be any of or combination of the above...regardless of your education.

Good luck to you...don't give up!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
One word...."sales"

Get a job on commission selling almost anything. With your field of expertise, perhaps selling chemical supplies.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Perhaps life will bring you something wonderful tomorrow?

Please: don't give-in.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Sometimes, Indigent... We really gotta mix things up when life is grinding us down. Like when you play a game of chess... If you're playing someone way better you play the reaction game and that leads to loss. So... You change up the paradigm, mix things up so they're off balance and reacting to you and now you can assert your own strategy.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
learn2program

Computer Coding Courses For Men

What a great title, ladies can use it too, even otherkin, and xyz.

CodeAcademy

w3schools

freecodecamp

Code Wars

Agreed, coding/programming, whatever you want to call it is free to learn, and can net you a job almost anywhere.

Nevermind, read further along the post. Most employers probably see you as overqualified. Therefore likely to be easily dissatisfied and likely to quit as soon as a "better" job comes along. A life coach or career coach would probably do you wonders as they can help you with networking and getting in touch with recruiters and those who would like to employ. Also, like what was stated before I'm sure you would find more success in the US. It's a different way of life over on this side of the pond, but a lot of the more successful businessmen here actually don't even live here. For instance, there are many people in the higher positions where I work who are Englishmen. The head of security actually lives in Germany, but flies here for work. Think about that.

edit on 23-1-2019 by RealityIsAbsurdx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Thank you all for taking the time to say something, just wanted to apologize for not replying much but let you know I am reading everything.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

This is unfortunately a common problem in Europe (and probably elsewhere) these days. We have had 50 odd years of encouraging eveyone to go to university. The result is that when you go for a "simple" job, such as gas station, the potential employers see you as being over qualified so not really interested.

I worked on a building site the other month and i was one of the least qualified people there (i have 2 undergrad degrees and 1 post grad degree). One of the labourers (so not even skilled) had a PHD in Satelite Communications!

I have found it helpful over the years to leave off qualifications when applying for some jobs. And have discovered that employers are far more interested in ongoing development, rather than educational standard - by that i mean, for example, if working in the food industry, make sure all of your certificates are up to date (food preparation, packaging, hygeine, etc) - that will go a lot further than academic qualifications unless you plan on getting academic work.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join