It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The native drummer Philips is not noble as is being pushed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Grambler

Can we finally admit that the kids acted much better than the black activists and Philips and his fellow native activists

The link includes a vid of those " innocent " scumbag kids harassing a young woman as she walks past.

www.juancole.com...

Oh gosh, that was terrible. 5 or 6 kids were yelling at a girl they thought was hot but wouldn't give them the time of day and they said some mean stuff. What is the world coming to??? RUN!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Because the whole issue is about race

Please show me where i have bought race into this discussion?

If and when you do i will then be more than pleased to answer you queries.

I will await your reply.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

have still tried to maintain that Philips, the native drummer, was acting in a good way.

How could they! He clearly raised his drums in an aggressive manner, could be a terror organisation. He didn't just wait for a bus, or did he?

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

This is being done because the people who originally pushed the deceptive video to show white racist kids need to prove the kids are somehow bad.

^This.

That's all.
It's just a new narrative to cover the truly nasty lies they told.

link   
Your whole thread is beside the point that the boys were trespassing and should have been arrested for illegal protesting.
You should get the facts straight before spouting opinions. There were only two legal permits for protest/march that day and the catholic kids were not invited. So indeed the kid getting in the dudes face was wrong and so are you.

link   
a reply to: Jasona

No. But that's not the point. Equality isn't and never was the goal. Those in power are smart enough to know they can never bring equality of outcome like they promise, nor do they want to. That would mean lowering themselves. So inequity of outcomes will always exist.

So, like good Nazis (or communists) or any tyrants out there really, they know how to create scapegoats, reasons why the promised Utopia never quite arrives.

Give them enough power, and they'll start purging us.

link   
Elsewhere, from an older article in which Phillips is mentioned:

Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”

Note: This article has been adjusted from it's original version to show that Nathan Phillips was a Vietnam-era veteran and that he was spit on while in uniform as opposed to when he was returning from combat.

American Indian veterans honored annually at Arlington National Cemetery

From the archived version of this article:

Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran from Vietnam. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”

And, it wasn't even his drum:

Around that time, he said, Mr. Phillips approached, asking to borrow a drum.

New York Times

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neverquit
Your whole thread is beside the point that the boys were trespassing and should have been arrested for illegal protesting.
You should get the facts straight before spouting opinions. There were only two legal permits for protest/march that day and the catholic kids were not invited. So indeed the kid getting in the dudes face was wrong and so are you.

They were waiting for their bus at the Lincoln Memorial, not staging a protest.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just because he is a veteran and native American does not mean he is a good person. He may have put himself in between the crowd and the four jerks yelling out obscenities, but he was part of that group that was doing that, he was part of the protest. His actions were not bad, neither was the kids action...the kid was being a teenaged kid. But he should not have made up the story to glorify his actions when it was not completely true.

I will let the native Americans deal with punishing him for any lies he created. He did not break any laws, but Native Americans usually are pretty proud and honest people, his tribe can address his lies. If he has been doing this kind of stuff a lot, they may have disowned him already. Most of the native Americans I know are honest, they do not like to tell lies or falsely accuse anyone.

America has become a country of deceit, so much that people do not even think they are deceiving others and most times they even deceive themselves. A society like that will not survive long before it crumbles. Maybe people should read the section of the bible dealing with Sadam and Gamhora, maybe those cities people pissed off some guys with gunpowder who blew the mountain they were next to down onto them. Gunpowder goes way back in Chinese History.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

This guy pisses me off.

Stoking racial hatred nationally based on nothing but his lies.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Can we finally admit that the kids acted much better than the black activists and Philips and his fellow native activists

The link includes a vid of those " innocent " scumbag kids harassing a young woman as she walks past.

www.juancole.com...

Yeah "innocent". One ATSR said this lasted "30 seconds" that is it. Do Grambler and others see the same video? These are supposed to be Christian people! Really? Is this what they believe, is respecting their elders?

The kids are wrong.

Out of curiosity, what would you do if an elderly activist started banging a drum in your face?

Specifically one with a MAGA hat on.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Because the whole issue is about race

Please show me where i have bought race into this discussion?

If and when you do i will then be more than pleased to answer you queries.

I will await your reply.

I have not interested in discussing this with you anymore. I answered your question, and asked you over and over why you posted that, and you refuse to answer.

I said you didnt mention race, but what you did is the smae as the racist that want to smear these kids for bieng white and having a maga hat on.

I asked you if its not about race, then why did you post it.

You again refuse to answer, and ask me the same question that I answered.

You hate these kids for some reason.

You are willing to overlook actual adult racist yelling at them, call them scumbags, and all based on an 8 second clip of of some kids that may not even be from their group yelling maga at a girl.

Its clear you are unwilling or unable to defend your stance that these kids are scumbags, and so you want to virtue signal its not about race while refusing to tell us why you think they are scum,bags, or why thats worth deflecting form the behavior of the actual adult racist outlined in the OP.

There just be an awesome no race based reason why yelling maga by white kids makes them more scumbags than yelling racist and homophobic slurs or defending them by minority adults.

I would love to hear it, but of course you wont answer despite being asked multiple times.

I wonder why that is?

link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Again no mention of what unit he was with, or where he was deployed at. A sadly all to common story about coming home from Vietnam (I had an Uncle that said the same thing, but he I believed since he died with full military honors for his service), and his word as to him being in the service at all.

link   

Yeh those darned kids - who knows what they're capable of....

"The Black Israelites, they were saying some harsh things, but some of it was true, too," Phillips said.

link   

originally posted by: hombero

The thing is, what does this matter to you? Does it affect your life? Job?

Is this really important? Why have you chosen to spend time on it?

These days I'm taking the stance if all the answers to the above are moot, it's psyop designed to change the way I think or feel. So I stop thinking about it and go back to things that are important in it. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss!

ETA: a psyop from the media,not your postings.

It’s important because it’s indicative of society, across many situations.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Can you show me the law thaat says you may not wait for a bus on public property?

Oh and the kids didnt get in the drummers face, that was the other way around.

Oh and as with all of the people attacking the kid on this thread, no comment on the racist homophobic slurs hurled at the kids, or the native man defending that?

Of course not!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Elsewhere, from an older article in which Phillips is mentioned:

Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”

Note: This article has been adjusted from it's original version to show that Nathan Phillips was a Vietnam-era veteran and that he was spit on while in uniform as opposed to when he was returning from combat.

American Indian veterans honored annually at Arlington National Cemetery

From the archived version of this article:

Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran from Vietnam. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”

And, it wasn't even his drum:

Around that time, he said, Mr. Phillips approached, asking to borrow a drum.

New York Times

You are very brave posting that.

A lot of people aren't going to like it.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They were waiting for their bus at the Lincoln Memorial, not staging a protest.

LOL You can not see with your head stuck there. They were clearly protesting and were there for a long time. Enough time for the chubby one to do a strip dance and sing chants. There will be held accountable.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Oh and as with all of the people attacking the kid on this thread, no comment on the racist homophobic slurs hurled at the kids, or the native man defending that?

I think the Black Israelites involvement here needs a separate thread since it would seem that there's a lot more to their side of the story then is being revealed.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Agreed, talk about an attention whore.

a reply to: Guyfriday

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) know if it's possible to do an FOIA request to the marines to verify if he actually served?

a reply to: alldaylong

Exactly what do you mean by this?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join