It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The native drummer Philips is not noble as is being pushed

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Except he told news outlets he was a "recon ranger".

Marine Recon (MARSOC today) does not have a ranger unit. The Army does.

He also LET people lie on his behalf and did nothing to correct the record.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Source? Is that the news telling us what he allegedly said, do you have a transcript?

He also LET people lie on his behalf and did nothing to correct the record.

Like what, write a mail? Cry me a river.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”

Note: This article has been adjusted from it's original version to show that Nathan Phillips was a Vietnam-era veteran and that he was spit on while in uniform as opposed to when he was returning from combat.

American Indian veterans honored annually at Arlington National Cemetery

From the archived version of this article:

Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran from Vietnam. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”

And

“I have a relative here who said he’d lead the way and scout ahead for us,” Phillips continued, his voice breaking. “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me.”

Return to Standing Rock

From his dd214:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Jaded took care of that for me.

But you should have at least read the prior posts in this thread detailing his many lies.

I know thats a lot to ask for from you, but at least try.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran of the Vietnam era.

So what? That's not inaccurate.

He raised a wooden staff adorned with nine eagle feathers in the air as he addressed his security team, volunteers who had stepped back into familiar roles guarding gates at camp. They were outfitted in head-to-toe camouflage, masked by bandanas printed with the word Resist, and bearing walkie-talkies. “I have a relative here who said he’d lead the way and scout ahead for us,” Phillips continued, his voice breaking. “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me.”

Alethea stood beside him, in her green army jacket lettered MASH on the back—for Media Arts Serving Humanity, the radio station and media tent she’d volunteered with at Oceti Sakowin (she was known as “Red Sky on the Radio”). A stray puppy she’d found that morning in Cannon Ball burrowed in her backpack, occasionally poking his head out to sniff the air. Kota, she’d name him, meaning “friend.”

www.vogue.com...

And that's what happens when you literal morons take everything literally. You have no idea what "they" means in this context, even when "they" stand next to him. I bet "they" still call him a recon ranger for his political activities, do you have a statement from him regarding his army career? Did he actually insist on being a Ranger or didn't he? No? Hmm.

Literal morons, taking stuff literally like the evangelical preachers you are! Maybe add an adhom or two to make it work? Yeah. Right.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Note that all of the stories were not corrected until after Phillips' DD214 was posted by Don Shipley:

After Shipley explained the truth about Phillips, all of a sudden all the online versions of Phillips having been in Viet Nam are being altered to reflect that he was merely a veteran during the era of Viet Nam. And Vogue still has not corrected the, "recon ranger," part of their story. Phillips was a refrigerator technician and was never deployed outside the U.S. and went AWOL three times. The guy is a scuzz bucket of the lowest order.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Se that, "coming back to the U.S.," bit in the original story?

Does that not imply he was outside the U.S.?

Oh, and here he is himself saying he was, "in theater:"

No ad homs needed.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Give it a rest already, you guys did an awesome job deflecting from some ass-hats, time to enjoy the glory of this victory. And all that money, of course.

Do you even get my point? It doesn't matter if he lied in that instance. Let's just say he did so for discussions's sake, regardless of the fact that the short clip ends when he started to talk about Vietnam: none of hat has any bearing on the encounter he's now famous for.

Only PR wants us to believe that it does, hence the thread constructed upon a fallacy. I'm not talking about insults, I'm talking about the ad hominem-fallacy at play here. It's a smear attack in order to assassinate his character, that much should be obvious.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

He (and all the media outlets pushing the story) is (are) relying on his service record and American Indian ancestry in order to give himself gravitas. If either of those have no factual basis, then his credibility is likewise questionable.

The whole "native american being threatened by white teenage Trump supporters" bs is just that, bs.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

He assassinates his own character by being a lying POS.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

reality check :

he has lied about EVERY other element of his life

you still think his account of the covington school encounter = true ???????????????????

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one, ape.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The fact that he's stretching the truth, if not out right lying, about many aspects of his past life has no bearing? Really?

How do you figure that?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Notice how the media and people that jumped on these kids cant wait to run and ignore this story now.

They smeared kids that were doxxed and had death threats, and deflected or made excuses for actual adult racists and their supporters that attacked these kids.

And now its business as usual, no harm done.

Well I for one will not let the media or others that pushed this live it down.

They have outed how racist they are, and how dangerous and disgusting the cultural marxism of identity politics on the left truly is, and we should not let them live that down.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

1. I didn't even try to verify the source, but that document could be faked easily. They hired a fcking PR agency for stuff like this, remember? Why don't you guys try to stay vigilant and buy into this already?
2. look up any definition of the ad hominem fallacy, it's a philosophical concept for a reason.
3. I really couldn't care less about the history of some white breads under red hats, either (the same crap in black, pun intended).

This is about logics, not about politics.

As a "branch" of philosophy, logic is often broken down into many subsets: for instance, modal logic, many-valued logic, modern logic, symbolic logic, formal and informal logic, deductive and inductive logic. Those interested in pursuing the subject in depth should read and carefully examine the long articles in The Encyclopedia of Philosophy, especially "A Glossary of Logical Terms." Each article is followed by an extensive bibliography. (See also Logic.)

www.philosophicalsociety.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
They hired a fcking PR agency for stuff like this, remember?

Of course they did... they were accused of no legal crime whatsoever. Their case was being tried in the court of public opinion with the media serving as prosecutor. When you are innocent of ridiculous allegations, what better lawyer to hire for such a case than a skilled PR firm? This is what the Left hath wrought on this nation... if they want to slander good people in the public eye, they can expect to now encounter serious resistance in the form of professionals who know how to take someone else's ham fisted story spinning, turn it on it's ear, and shove it straight up the whining SJW media's asses.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Of course they did...

Of course he didn't. I'm for free(dom)! And you're the oligarch cretins in this picture. Who knew?

a reply to: ignorant_ape

he has lied about EVERY other element of his life

And my source is that funny ape from my internetz, mum! He told me so!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Of course they did...

Of course he didn't. I'm for free(dom)! And you're the oligarch cretins in this picture. Who knew?

Yes, yes... you trying to portray a handful of kids standing in a public square while a crazy indian liar bangs a drum in one of their faces as "opressors" just reeks of freedom. You can smell it all the way out in the street. By the way, be careful where you step in your yard, those piles of "freedom" are everywhere.
:rolleyes:

Go team Oligarch!
Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah!
Oligarchy, Oligarchy, rah! rah! rah!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

1. I didn't even try to verify the source, but that document could be faked easily.

To which document are you referring here? The DD214 Shipley had in his video?

Are you really making that claim?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Anything, and I mean ANYTHING, that defends and shelters The Narrative™ can be expected to be claimed in discussions like these, in times like these, from that particular side. Control the media, control The Narrative™, control society... the party of control.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join