It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The native drummer Philips is not noble as is being pushed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So as the narrative form the convington kids wearing maga hats has shifted form at first bthem being horrible evil racist like like brett kavanaugh are the face of white privilege and racism, to ok the story is more complicated but the kids could have acted better, there has been one conctant.

the focus has been on the kids. Wjhat could they have done better? Where were there chaperones? What other bad things have people form this school done, say maybe wearing black body and face paint at basketball games 5 years ago?

This is being done because the people who originally pushed the deceptive video to show white racist kids need to prove the kids are somehow bad.

And look, maybe some of the kids did act in not the best way, or said dumb things at other points not to these native activist.

But that smirking kid who is being attacked did nothing wrong, and in my opinion the kids acted better than the black and native activists, who btw were adults.

And even those that will breifly admit the black activists were bad (they want to rush over that part, not good for the evil white maga hat wearers narrative) many people have still tried to maintain that Philips, the native drummer, was acting in a good way.

This is not true.

I believe it is because he is an elderly native person that reverence must be heaped upon him by those more interested in identity politics (cultural marxism) than treating people based on action and content rather than skin color.

So here is what we know about Mr. Philips.

He has a history of making unproven allegations of racism directed against him. Ok no big deal, but worth mentioning. However, this doesnt mean he is wrong in this incident, and therefore I dint out much weight into this.

Now what does matter.

Lets look at a few of Philips claims to the media to start.

He told media he was surrounded by the students.

That is a lie or misleading at the least, as it was he that approached the kids.

He told media he feared for his safety, and the smiling kid blocked his exit.

that is a lie, as the kid never moved, and you dont walk up into someones face and bang a drum in it, and then claim they wouldnt leave you escape because they dont move.

He claimed the kids chanted build that wall at him.

No evidence whatsoever has been presented from the numerous vidoe that anyone said this, yet it is repeated as if fact by people ion the media. Either this is an outright lie, or a gross misinterpretation given that there werent loud chants of this as can be seen in the video.

Now when we look at the video, we see Philips walk up to the kids and get into ones face. Had the skin colors been reversed, and a white man done this to a native child, all heck would break lose in the media calling out the adult. But because of cultural marxism, this gets a pass from philips.

Then philips fellow native activist stands along side him berating kids for being white, and telling them to go back to Europe.

The smiling kid took the time to signal to his friend to not respond to this provocation. Did Philips tell his fellow activist to stop hurling racial attacks? Nope.

But wait, I though he was just saying a peace prayer to diffuse the situation; why would he be ok with his fellow activist immediately starting to escalate the situation by yelling racial remarks at the kids?

But I saved the best for last.

Lets look at what Philips said about why he entered the mix.

Now anyone who is remotely objective, even ones that think the kids acted poorly will admit that the black activists were terroble homphobic racist attacking children (even if many want to quickly brush over this).

Yet what was Mr. Philips take on this?

Phillips, a former Marine, said the incident started as a group of Catholic students from Kentucky were observing the Black Israelites talk, and started to get upset at their speeches. The Catholic group then got bigger and bigger, with more than 100 assembled at one point, he said.

"They were in the process of attacking these four black individuals," Phillip said. "I was there and I was witnessing all of this ... As this kept on going on and escalating, it just got to a point where you do something or you walk away, you know? You see something that is wrong and you're faced with that choice of right or wrong. "

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips said. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."

www.freep.com...

You get that?

Philips watched racist homophobic adults attack kids who merely did scholl cheers and slightly argued back in response, and he blamed THE KIDS!

They were beasts, and the racist homophobic black adults were the prey.

What kind of rational person would believe that?

Now you may say, well wait a minute, maybe he just read the situation wrong because there were way more kids.

But then we come to this gem.

"The Black Israelites, they were saying some harsh things, but some of it was true, too," Phillips said. "These young, white American kids who were being taught in their Catholic school, their doctrine, their truth, and when they found out there's more truth out there than what they're being taught, they were offended, they were insulted, they were scared, and that's how they responded. One thing that I was taught in my Marine Corp training is that a scared man will kill you. And that's what these boys were. They were scared."

Now I want you to imagine some white racist or bigots, say the KKK of Fred Phelps church, standing around a bunch of kids, calling them the most vile racist homophobic slurs.

Now imagine another adult listening to this and saying "Hey some of that is harsh, but there is some truith as well" and then blaming the kids for being to sheltered to know truth.

That is staggering.

And yet thats what mr philips did..

And because he has the right skin color, and because the black activists are as well, he is still seen as noble and doing the right thing.

This man is disgusting. He confronted kids to try to provoke them, lied to the media about it, and defends the homophobic racist ramblings of these balck nationalists as having some truth ion it and blames the kids for being upset by it.

The insistance he be seen as innocent, and we must do all we can to vilify the kids is bore out of a pure racist mindset that wants to paint white people wearing maga hats as racist.

Can we finally admit that the kids acted much better than the black activists and Philips and his fellow native activists?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
ETA: Although CNN placards on the screen say Philips said he was a vietnam vet, and the transcripts does as well, Philips does say he is a "Vietnam times vet"

This still nay be misleading, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Though CNN then lied and tried to garbner more sympathy for Philips by falsely claiming he was a Vietnam vet.

Oh and fun follow up.

Turns out Mr. Philips may also likes him some stolen valor as well if reports are true.

The Washington Post issued a correction Tuesday to the ongoing narrative regarding Friday’s confrontation between Native American Elder Nathan Phillips and a group of Catholic high school students.

At the bottom of a story published Sunday, the Post added the following note:

Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips served in the U.S. Marines from 1972 to 1976 but was never deployed to Vietnam.

dailycaller.com...

But according to CNN, Philips himself said he was a vietnam vet.

Phillips: When I was there and I was standing there and I seen that group of people in front of me and I seen the angry faces and all of that, I realized I had put myself in a really dangerous situation. Here's a group of people who were angry at somebody else and I put myself in front of that, and all of a sudden, I'm the one whose all that anger and all that wanting to have the freedom to just rip me apart, that was scary. And I'm a Vietnam veteran and I know that mentality of "There's enough of us. We can do this."

amp.cnn.com...

So if the washington post and cnn are correct, then Philips lied about being a Vietnam vet as well.

Not that this affects the OP, but more examples that maybe we shouldnt just take this guys word for stuff, especially when the video evidence doesnt back him up.
edit on 22-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's also being reported that Nathan Philips has falsely claimed to have fought in Vietnam in the past. Records show he was in the Marines from 1972 to 1976, but never went to Vietnam.

I guess "scum" knows no racial restrictions.

a reply to: Grambler
Another article I read quoted Philips spinning a yarn about how he was at the front of the patrol group in the jungles of 'Nam. There is no doubt he's falsely claimed to be a combat veteran.
edit on 22-1-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The thing is, what does this matter to you? Does it affect your life? Job?

Is this really important? Why have you chosen to spend time on it?

These days I'm taking the stance if all the answers to the above are moot, it's psyop designed to change the way I think or feel. So I stop thinking about it and go back to things that are important in it. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss!

ETA: a psyop from the media,not your postings.
edit on 22-1-2019 by hombero because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So if the washington post and cnn are correct, then Philips lied about being a Vietnam vet as well.

As a World War I veteran this upsets me.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

The thing is, what does this matter to you? Does it affect your life? Job?

Is this really important? Why have you chosen to spend time on it?

These days I'm taking the stance if all the answers to the above are moot, it's psyop designed to change the way I think or feel. So I stop thinking about it and go back to things that are important in it. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss!

ETA: a psyop from the media,not your postings.

It affects my country.

We are heading to a mob rule dystopia where people are judged by their sking color or gender as opposed to their own actions.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Agreed, but if nobody is telling about it, it probably wouldn't get nearly as much traction. It seems they rely on the people really spreading the panic in a way

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You mean WW1 "Times" veteran?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

battlefield V?

link   
His part about being a "recon ranger" in Vietnam certainly has BS written all over it.

link   
I read about this in the guardian, where they paid lip service to the narrative that the kids weren't the instigators, they described the drummer as a Vietnam era veteran. Why bother phrasing it like that if you aren't trying to put the thought he may have been in it into people's heads?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Agreed, but if nobody is telling about it, it probably wouldn't get nearly as much traction. It seems they rely on the people really spreading the panic in a way

I disagree.

If no one calls out racism and media manipulation, they will just continue and as this incident shows us many many people will believe them.

link   

The USA Today still has this version of their story up:

Phillips, a former Marine, said the incident started as a group of Catholic students from Kentucky were observing the Black Israelites talk, and started to get upset at their speeches. The Catholic group then got bigger and bigger, with more than 100 assembled at one point, he said.

"They witnessed these individuals on their soapbox saying what they had to say," Phillips said. "They didn't agree with it and got offended."

Then, things got heated.

"They were in the process of attacking these four black individuals," Phillip said. "I was there and I was witnessing all of this. ... As this kept on going on and escalating, it just got to a point where you do something or you walk away, you know? You see something that is wrong and you're faced with that choice of right or wrong."

From his CNN interview:

When I was there and I was standing there and I seen that group of people in front of me and I seen the angry faces and all of that, I realized I had put myself in a really dangerous situation. Here's a group of people who were angry at somebody else and I put myself in front of that, and all of a sudden, I'm the one whose all that anger and all that wanting to have the freedom to just rip me apart, that was scary. And I'm a Vietnam veteran and I know that mentality of "There's enough of us. We can do this."

From his wikpedia page:

‘It was getting ugly’: Native American drummer speaks on his encounter with MAGA-hat-wearing teens, Washington Post, 20 Jan 2019, quote: Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly characterized Native American activist Nathan Phillips as a Vietnam War veteran. Phillips served in the U.S. Marines from 1972 to 1976 but was never deployed to Vietnam.

I'm almost at the point of questioning whether or not he really is an American Indian, but will give him the benefit of the doubt in that matter regardless of the other lies he has been caught speaking.

link   

Can we finally admit that the kids acted much better than the black activists and Philips and his fellow native activists

The link includes a vid of those " innocent " scumbag kids harassing a young woman as she walks past.

www.juancole.com...

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

battlefield V?

Listen, bub, I didn't fight in the Civil War so you could mock me, I did it so you could rip down some statues 150 years later.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
His part about being a "recon ranger" in Vietnam certainly has BS written all over it.

The article I mentioned where he spun his yarn noted that there was no such unit in the Marines.

+15 more 
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Can we finally admit that the kids acted much better than the black activists and Philips and his fellow native activists

The link includes a vid of those " innocent " scumbag kids harassing a young woman as she walks past.

www.juancole.com...

An out of context 5 second clip. Have we not learned anything about this story?

+12 more 
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

www.juancole.com...

Havent you learned your lesson?

So an 8 second clip with no context of a kid yelling maga is worse than everything I listed about Philips?

We get it, you want to hate the evil white kids.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Maybe he fought for the NVA

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You don't need to convince me. The NA set it all up and then cried "victim".

From the first view of that short clip I didn't see nothing but a smiling kid with a NA banging a drum in his face.

And for the life of me I couldn't understand what was being reported.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join