It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US media thoroughly embarrasses themselves twice in a week... will they learn?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Look they have every right to sue the crap out of these fools for libel in the written media and slander in the video talking heads seriously it's starting to seem like tv news is like watching max headroom . But yes if a pizza peddler can threaten the internet into silence via legal representation so can these youths.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Litigation really is the only option for redressing the system. Voting does no good at all, I do vote, get all caught up in the political theatre, blood pressure goes through the roof, the whole 9 yards, but deep down I know the system is rigged in the end.
We've all seen how it works, eliminate candidates that might actually fix something during the primaries though exclusion, ridicule, slander, negative propaganda, until all that is left by election day are "ball players". If the person refuses to play ball they will be replaced within a cycle or two.
It's been said that if voting could make a difference then voting would be illegal.

Sueing media companies might be satisfying but I'm dubious as to really effect.
Civil suit against individual "journalists" would work better, strip a few talking heads of press credentials, make lifetime payments to the victim.
I don't know if that's actually possible but I think it would work. I bet you wouldn't have to ruin to many reporters before the rest started checking their facts a little more closely.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
BREAKING: GANNETT News Corporation, owner of USA Today, is laying off journalists across the country.

Link to Story: www.poynter.org...

(Note: Credit to ATS member CrankyOldMan for sharing this.)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

These embarrassments are not endemic to the US.

In my timezone the news can be atrocious. 'And in the US Nancy Pelosi has been indicted for-sorry for the the interruption but there is breaking news in a town nowhere near you, an alley cat is stuck in a tree-'

It sucks, between the Murdoch media and his right wing fanaticism, and the left with-whatever the hell they are doing-it's a mess.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

BREAKING: GANNETT News Corporation, owner of USA Today, is laying off journalists across the country.

Link to Story: www.poynter.org...

(Note: Credit to ATS member CrankyOldMan for sharing this.)

paying the price for the relentless bias.
more and more of us are turning them off and stopping their delivery.
my local paper was bought out by Gannett years ago. they were small and liberal; after Gannett came in they got smaller and more liberal. I stopped getting it. got several calls asking me to re-subscribe but they never asked WHY I stopped it.
I want media to inform me, not be a shill for democrat talking points.
soon this will start affecting the tv people. maybe some of them will look at Fox News' success and reconsider their leftist paradigms.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
Twice a week?

Daily, the msm is a joke.

Cuz twitter, FB, instgram and fringe media is legit?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join