It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US media thoroughly embarrasses themselves twice in a week... will they learn?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

But I'll just stick with no more power for government, and I don't want them to take any more rights.

I can agree with that...If Trump gave back a lot of our rights by hamstringing the Patriot Act what would you say to that? My point is Trump would need to go a long way to even come close to Obama's 8 years in this situation.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Maybe when the fake news outlets start getting fined heavily and put out of business they will care.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

My point is Trump would need to go a long way to even come close to Obama's 8 years in this situation.

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
No they will not....AND they are making more money on following up on their lies with some form of the truth to cover their Arse.

edit on 22-1-2019 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Mueller disputed aspects of buzzfeeds report they didnt say it was all wrong.
But I understand the need to take every little victory and run with it when its so apparent that your guy is going down.
So enjoy that...

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

But I understand the need to take every little victory and run with it when its so apparent that your guy is going down.
So enjoy that...

Well he said the story was inaccurate, he didn't dispute some aspects, or at least not that I saw, he just said it as a whole was inaccurate.

What about the kids though?

The ones almost every outlet ran disingenuous stories on?
edit on 22-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Welcome back Silly!

Glad to see you haven't lost faith in fake news yet.

Fun times ahead, fasten your seatbelt.

edit on 22-1-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's all about cheeseburgers/hamburgers you've seen all of the negative coverage of Trump and hamburgers recently right?

Remember when...

President Obama and cheeseburgers: A love story

www.washingtonpost.com...

Lol ya..just a little different attitude from the media between the two Presidents... Remember when the media slammed Trump for getting two scoops of ice cream and everyone else got one? That was a good indication of how the next 4 years was going to playout.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So enjoy that...

back to get run over again by the same train?
how many times is it for the same train, 3 , 4 now?
even the trump hating wapo has relented and printed that it is all wrong

choo choo

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

So enjoy that...

back to get run over again by the same train?
how many times is it for the same train, 3 , 4 now?
even the trump hating wapo has relented and printed that it is all wrong

choo choo

Keep reminding yourself that the Left has no shame. No, they do not get embarrassed. For their only winning strategy is to repeat a lie often enough and hope similar ding bats will eventually believe it.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well the first point here that is key for anyone, is that vast corporate media oligopolies do not represent nor are they composed (primarily) of real journalists. This is something most people don’t get.

Secondly, they shill for the military-industrial complex, which arguably includes mass media now.

Third, right now part of their instructions and biases are to attack anti establishment folks, divide people, and undermine Trump.

Simply put, most of these people aren’t serious, unbiased investigative journalists out trying to provide careful and accurate info for the public.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You do realize that you can be both liberal AND recognize that much of the coverage of trump is hysterical or hyperbolic, right?

The media on many topics, not just Trump, is a sh*tshow. They misrepresent for example much of what is happening in foreign affairs. It’s not liberal to defend bad corporate media actors. A reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
virtually everyone in the media (news and entertainment) is a leftist/progressive.
their objective is to promote The Cause. accuracy is irrelevant as long as The Cause is pushed.

they remind me of professional athletes. a quarterback regrets throwing an interception but he feels no moral qualms; a batter hates striking out but he doesn't see it as a moral issue. reporting inaccuracies and ruining lives are what they do; if they are wrong about something or someone they just shrug it off and go after the next story/person.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
You do realize that you can be both liberal AND recognize that much of the coverage of trump is hysterical or hyperbolic, right?

The media on many topics, not just Trump, is a sh*tshow. They misrepresent for example much of what is happening in foreign affairs. It’s not liberal to defend bad corporate media actors. A reply to: Sillyolme

I am Liberal. And I'm always calling out the LEFT. Not the same thing. AT ALL.

I keep saying it. I hope it sticks.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

My response was to Silly, not you, as silly seems to think one has has to defend the media blindly as it’s attacking Trump.

I’m a liberal too.
edit on 22-1-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The fact that 10% is non negative means we need to root out the 10% of media staff that is literally nazis.. positive coverage, or even neutral, is hate speech.

#wokenation
a reply to: ausername

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

My response was to Silly, not you, as she seems to think she has to defend the media blindly as it’s attacking Trump.

I’m a liberal too.

I know it wasn't in response to me. I was just elaborating on your point (or trying to).

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

Luckily alt places online are filling the void, but you can see how some democrats are even cheering for thei tech allies to censor those voices as well.

Both sides want eachother silenced.

Yes it is the establishment on both sides, but lets not kid ourselves, the democrat establishment is far more to blame.

90% of all msm is a mouth pice for the democrat establishment.

As is academia, hollywood and most other cultural institutions.

The only place not so ideologically democrat establishment is online.

And here we see almost every tech company is ran by democratic establishment people, and they are censoring conservatives far more than any other group.

But they do censor left wing points of view that are anti democrat establishment as well, and certainly the establishment republicans seek to get in on that game as well.

However, clearly right wing views are being targeted the most.

Funny you should mention how biased these social media companies are. You can get your account disabled for posting a politically incorrect meme, meanwhile stuff like this goes unpunished:

That was reported by hundreds of people. He deleted it. 2 days later, Twitter has done precisely nothing. His account is still active. Twitter supports violence, as long as it's against the "right" people.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I woke up to media lies via the foreign policy route, as I lived abroad and studied relevant topics intensively.

Yes, absolutely, much of them were compromised long before Trump.

Just look at their shilling for Bush era wars and the Patriot Act. Then yes, as you say, they covered for Obama era regime change initiatives and proxy wars in Libya/Syria.

This is why I question another one of your assertions that this is inherently “liberal bias.” A lot of real leftists would consider everything I just mentioned to be right wing neo imperialism with media complicity.

Yes, right now they are going after Trump and yes, pushing identity politics non stop. But they have shilled for right wingers, wars, and torture in the past.

So then, is it because Trump is a threat, he’s a fake controlled opposition, or that they just want to divide everyone to control or push an agenda?
a reply to: Grambler

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So enjoy that...

Well he said the story was inaccurate, he didn't dispute some aspects, or at least not that I saw, he just said it as a whole was inaccurate.

What about the kids though?

The ones almost every outlet ran disingenuous stories on?

You're not actually expecting to have a serious discussion with that member are you?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join