It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.G. Nominee WILLIAM BARR Supports Arresting Journalists-Reporters for Serious Violations.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

yeah it's the first amendment.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They are subject to the law as all of us are. They cannot go after them just because they dont like what is published or even if what is published is a lie. Sorry...

Semi-agree. The DOJ wouldn't "go after them" just because a news organization has different views. But intentionally lying about the President of the United States, U.S. Policy, or making up stories that damage the nation, is a CRIME...and is subject to punishment.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

They are not making stuff up about the president and they are not making up stories that damage the nation.
Trump is damaging the nation and they are reporting it.
The truth hurts. some....

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: UKTruth

That post of yours was awesome! Eloquent, clear, and educational.

I can't wait for our new A.G. William Barr to team up with Lindsay Graham, and kick arse.

Well, it's unlikely the Sedition Act would really be used, in all honesty.
Dennis v. United States is another case where jail sentences were handed out to communists advocating the violent overthrow of the govt.
But, in both instances there were circumstances that are different to the media whipping up hatred with fake news. In the first case it was a war time issue and in the second case the jail sentences were handed out for calling for violent overthrow of the govt. The media are skating on thin ice... if they do call for violence then they are in trouble I would say.
edit on 22/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

a booby trap or "insurance policy" -- against the people.... like a jillion Las Vegas Massacre scenarios playing out all at once all over the country.

I have thought that for a while now. I believe to the depths of my soul there have been Sleeper Cells positioned and hang like a Sword of Damocles over our heads. Every now and then, "they" demonstrate what that could mean. (Las Vegas??)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well actually the have. Leave Trump out of for a second and just take the case of the Covington kids. The media selectively edited a video, lied about the event and whipped up hatred to the extent that the School now needs protection from violence. The calls for violence have been sick, including burning the school down with the kids in it. Leftists need to check themselves and stop with the extreme emotional responses to what they see and hear on CNN et al.
edit on 22/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Leftists need to check themselves and stop with the extreme emotional responses to what they see and hear on CNN et al.

I don't think they can. To be a lefty of the sort we are discussing, you already have that kind of mental and psychological malfunction that shoots from the hip without any rational prior thought. When they say "liberalism" is a mental illness, they are talking about this type of far left irrational hyperbolic reactionary personality.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
whall I'm in favor of fines for the media lying intentionally I wouldn't want such rules to make them impotent at reporting live breaking news where the facts are mixed up due to the shock of what just happened

also trusting the govt to regulate the media is like putting a fox in charge of guarding the chicken coupe
www.aei.org...

it's a no win unless propaganda is outlawed first

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Freedom of the press is not the freedom to lie, or the freedom to aid and abet terrorists or the freedom to fabricate stories of a political bias for vengeful, vindictive or malicious purposes. It's about bloody time reporters and their handlers were held accountable for the hate and lies they spread in the name of "tolerance" lol. Maybe this Barr will get the job done.

Cheers - Dave

What part of the US Constitution empowers the government to determine the truth and punish journalists for unapproved statements?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I suppose another scenario could be several venues in one or two cities, like Los Angeles or Chicago, completely overwhelming all emergency response systems and the first responders.

Even then, I would prefer that the people be warned of the threats, and encouraged to take necessary and appropriate precautions.

Threats will never end if they work.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Obviously you don't know libel laws which are in first place, criminal. In the second place, if an alleged truth is published with provable malicious intent, that is also libel. I guess we just have to wait for these idiot liberal judges to be removed, since they are protecting the idiotic and malicious mainstream media. Btw, judges, prosecutors, etc that do not follow up and uphold the law are in dereliction of duty and breach of their oath of office, in both cases if deliberate, ii is fraud.

There'll be a test at 11 :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

There is a large body of legal precident covering libel, which falls under criminal law, slander falls under civil law. Just get the retarded liberal prosecuters, da's and judges to uphold their oaths of office. Or replace them for dereliction of duty, breach of oath and possibly fraud. :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
These are his own word under testimony something to chew on food for thought ......

Something he agrees with....
"It would be like a banana republic putting political opponents in jail for offenses committed in a political setting even if they are criminal offenses it something we just don't do here "

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Exactly. It's our responsibility to separate the wheat from the chaff, and too many don't do it because they simply don't want to.

The media knows this and capitalizes on it daily. Trump has been their biggest money maker. Well, anything they can create controversy over is.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: JinMI

I remind you of the first amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

If people are too stupid, ignorant or lazy to obtain all the facts before coming to a conclusion, then much the same as with the government, we deserve what we get.

I wish I were more surprised that so many folks here (who otherwise agree with you on most political issues) are giddy with anticipation of jailing journalists....

Good on you for being a person of principle.

There's some lines you don't cross. Trusting a higher 'authority' when it comes to journalism is one of them.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: JinMI

I remind you of the first amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

No where in there does it say a corrupt press shall operate openly and deliberately spread dis-informaton that makes governing the country difficult and/or helps enemies resist America.

It does, the same as the 2nd used the term 'infringe.' Rewind 10 years and ask the question, "what are likely publications that you would say don't bear factual proof?"

Enquirer?

People knew they were fake because the continually produce fake news, then and now. Sorcha Faal?

The only thing that's changed is how much BS people will gobble down. The consumers are to blame, if were to place it.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Sedition is another matter entirely.

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

www.law.cornell.edu...

One would need to make the case that their goal is overthrow of the gov't. Not a person or a party.

Noticing on pasting the excerpt, I would like to hear thoughts on: or delay the execution of any law of the United States,

Seems like those promoting sanctuary cities, may be in violation of this statute.

As for the Covington fake news, the media lies - pre-meditated lies - have caused danger to citizens (kids no less). The death threats are already piling up.

To this I would say those families may have a fairly easy case against those who are pushing this nonsense. Or at least provide access to those doing the threatening and intimidating.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Classified documents reveal that Fusion GPS bribed journalists with cash, for their assistance in defeating Donald Trump.

Source: twitter.com...

TREASON is crossing a "Red Line".

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
firing squad time.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

IMO, printing maliciousness against the U.S. President, like the two BuzzFeed Trump-haters did last week, should make journalists indictable. Extreme terrorist-like hate, as broadcast to the world by CNN and MSNBC 24 hours @ day, should be considered as crossing a red line too.

Agreed. Freedom of the press is not freedom to shout "fire" in a crowded theater or sleepwalk the country toward civil war. What they are doing is more than irresponsible, it is intentional it is malicious and it is subversive/seditious. I think seeing a couple of these serial liars frog walked on their own network's cameras would be fitting.

Domestic enemies are just as much enemies as foreign ones, and POTUS was right when he labeled the fake-news MSM as the enemy of the people. They truly are.

We can not tolerate their intentional subversion and slowdown of Trump's mandate. He is the only chance this country has to remain a place worth living in. I fear we are one bad election away from becoming yet another failed state and turning into some leftist "paradise" like NK or tin-pot Maduro's Venezuela
edit on 1/23/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join