It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Rep Wants To Ban Teens From Wearing MAGA Hats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So a leftist government official wants to infringe on the right to free expression.

Surprized face.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Ahhh, cut him a little slack. He's the only Dem Federal Rep. left in the Commonwealth. Our token Democrat I guess you'd say. The ones with good sense have walked away, many of them now pose as "Recovering politicians" because after being rejected for having some common sense and decency they woke up to the deep corruption in the party. So this guy is all they have....sad.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Ahhh, cut him a little slack. He's the only Dem Federal Rep. left in the Commonwealth. Our token Democrat I guess you'd say. The ones with good sense have walked away, many of them now pose as "Recovering politicians" because after being rejected for having some common sense and decency they woke up to the deep corruption in the party. So this guy is all they have....sad.

Bet he wins lots of "Prize Bull" blue ribbons 🤣🚬

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

What's curious to me is that there was next to no coverage of the black Hebrew Israelites who were insulting the kids prior to the incident with the native American veteran. Either way I saw no laws broken by the young man at the center of this drama. And a hat is just a hat. These folks need to find a more constructive outlet.
edit on 21-1-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

What's curious to me is that there was next to no coverage of the black Hebrew Israelites who were insulting the kids prior to the incident with the native American veteran. Either way I saw no laws broken by the young man at the center of this drama. And a hat is just a hat. These folks need to find a more constructive outlet.

Always keep in mind we are dealing with elected (and deep cover operators) Democrats that have mental issues.

😎

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I don't think they should be wearing MAGA or any other political hat on a school outing.

They should be focused on the reason for the trip.

Obviously, a non-neutral presentation causes misunderstandings (putting it mildly), etc.

were you also against kids with I'm with her or Obama shirts and hats?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The news doesn't want to touch that one. It can't twist a win for itself with them.
edit on 1/21/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I don't think they should be wearing MAGA or any other political hat on a school outing.

Obviously, a non-neutral presentation causes misunderstandings (putting it mildly), etc.

As opposed to teachers bashing kids for liking trump?

Article 19 states

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers

So teens don't have that right? Are they not free Americans? Why don't you tear up the constitution while you're at it.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think it would be awesome if we all started knitting red mega caps and donating them to homeless shelters.

Would those that get mad at red hats start beating up the homeless too?
edit on 21-1-2019 by Muninn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Maybe it would be a good idea to put a restriction on anyone wearing anything political unless they are over the age of 21. Lately more chaos erupts from politics than used to happen in the taverns back when I was a teenager in my hometown. .

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Maybe it would be a good idea to put a restriction on anyone wearing anything political unless they are over the age of 21. Lately more chaos erupts from politics than used to happen in the taverns back when I was a teenager in my hometown. .

Voting age get changed to 21?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Nah, he hangs out more with the Louisville horsey set. He's also fancied himself a journalist but I've never seen any solid evidence of that. He did get quite the cushy job of vp at U of L for a while.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Why don’t they just make voting republican illegal?
Seems to be the more honest course of action

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: rickymouse

Voting age get changed to 21?

Nah...just no political hats or Hoodies.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Boy, quit giving the Democrats ideas already.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I had a principal in high school who had the same opinion as yours. When Vietnam Moratorium Day was announced he promised all students that anyone who dared to wear a black arm band in a show of support for an end to the senseless killing would be expelled.

Fortunately, the Supreme Court had a different take on the rights of students. Tinker v. Des Moines was about wearing an armband in protest of the Vietnam war. Lower courts held that line during the Shrub administration in regards to t-shirts with messages. If schools can't prohibit it, neither can John and his crew because it is a constitutionally protected right.

Perhaps your opinions would make more sense if you simply informed yourself of the topic. These kids were on a school trip to attend the Right to Life March, a political event. When I was their age I was marching in the Civil Rights and Anti-war marches and proudly wearing my sentiment on my shirt.

Mr. Yarmouth would do well to read the constitution.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Of course not...liberal echoes in the liberal echo chamber are always okay with the left; it prevents logic from intruding.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Why aren't the Leftists here whining and defending it ?

CNN not handing out talking points yet on limiting Free Speech ?

Of course, only for those who don't belong to the
Hive Mind.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Double.

Sorry
edit on 21-1-2019 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Or doing the boot stomp march in class ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join