It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Shutdown Just Became More Costly Than Trump’s Border Wall

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
You seem to be saying that we should cave in to temper tantrums? LOL I don't do it with my children, I sure wont' do it with an adult.

I agree wholeheartedly! Pelosi needs to cease and desist in her childish tantrums, and fund the wall that she has agreed to fund many times in the recent past.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

But remember that it was exactly the same with Obama.

Oh... really?

The republicans did everything they could to obstruct him. I don't see any difference.

Oh... really? You don't see a difference between simply exercising your Constitutionally delegated powers of office (as members of Congress), and illegally engaging the services of all of the different branches of the US Intelligence network and all that implies?

Well, then, your powers of reason... are apparently non-existent.

But back on course here....Trump want's a wall...The democrats don't.

Virtually every single one that is now opposing it voted in favor of it in the recent past.

That doesn't mean Trump should shut down the government.

He didn't... Congress did, by failing to pass a bill that would re-open the government that could override his Veto.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: carewemust

They'll get their pay when this is resolved and, honestly, how many people have said they should keep working? I've certainly not...

I certainly don't think they should get back pay if they refused to work.

They should have two options... work, and get back pay once the situation is resolved, or don't work, and don't get back pay.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So....you want people to come and take apart my house?

Eh? Who said anything about taking it apart? He said 'let them IN'... and likeley meant 'let them live their rent free, because refugees.
edit on 25-1-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

So let's discuss. Who's at fault here? Is it Trump, although not vetoing, is saying he won't sign any legistlation without border wall, so they aren't sending him the legislation?

You are aware that Congress can override a Presidential Veto, right?

So, again - who is really at fault? Hint: it starts with 'Con...'

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Anyone besides me getting tired of hearing this lame excuse?

It is actually precisely pertinent, boiled down to its essence.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

He (Obama) provided healthcare for many who had been unable to afford it before, and in my wife's case, she was able to get a better paying job, since they couldn't deny her coverage for a pre existing condition.

Anyone who doesn't understand the difference between health 'care' and 'insurance' is a moron that probably also doesn't understand that you simply can NOT provide insurance for a pre-existing condition.

It is the same ludicrous idea as one where you could call an insurance company and ask how much to buy insurance for your house, and oh, by the way, it is on fire and burning to the ground.

There is a far better and simpler way to provide health 'care' for those with pre-exising conditions. Rather than polluting/destroying the entire concept of insurance, just allow them to sign up for Medicare/Medicaid type benefits.

I'm not saying Obamacare was all good, but there was a lot of good with it.

No... no there wasn't. Not a single solitary thing about it was even remotely 'good'.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeanVenture
So why aren't Republicans bitching that Mexico isn't paying for the wall like Trump said they would?

most likely because republicans can recognize such obvious hyperbole when the hear it. i can't believe anyone could have taken that seriously as a statement that Mexico would hand over billions of dollars to pay for a wall that would keep illegal immigrants from leaving their country. or that would stop people from Mexico illegally crossing the border and send billions of US dollars home and bolstering the Mexican economy. in fact a wall could very well cost Mexico far more in lost revenue, than the wall would cost, which one could say would be "Mexico paying for the wall".

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
... anything that passes Congress is Constitutional.

Eh? That is certainly not (automatically) true.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

But remember that it was exactly the same with Obama.

Oh... really?

The republicans did everything they could to obstruct him. I don't see any difference.

Oh... really? You don't see a difference between simply exercising your Constitutionally delegated powers of office (as members of Congress), and illegally engaging the services of all of the different branches of the US Intelligence network and all that implies?

Well, then, your powers of reason... are apparently non-existent.

But back on course here....Trump want's a wall...The democrats don't.

Virtually every single one that is now opposing it voted in favor of it in the recent past.

That doesn't mean Trump should shut down the government.

He didn't... Congress did, by failing to pass a bill that would re-open the government that could override his Veto.

When you really look at it, though both sides, Democrats in the house and Senate, Republicans in the house and senate and the president are all responsible.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join