It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Scotland leave the UK after Brexit and be governed by Brussels?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I note that you remain silent on how much of that national debt might have been clocked up by Scotland.

Scotland is not allowed to ask a bank for a loan so how can we be in debt. Debt to who?. Any debt we have is a share in the national debt created by Westminster.

Take HS2, for instance, come nowhere near Scotland, Has zero benefit to Scotland yet we got stuck for £4,771 million for that. The hidden cost of the Union – HS2

The new London sewerage system, Once again Scotland is stuck paying hundreds of millions for London's fancy bog. Cameron must explain why Scots have to pay for London’s sewer upgrade

Westminster charges Scotland billions of pounds in service costs

The list goes on and on. You guys down south seriously underestimate Scotlands true wealth. It's been hidden for decades and people like yourself have been brainwashed into believing Scotland needs England. You'll find out in a short while it's the other way around.

Westminster creates the debt and passes that onto Scotland. They take our money, Give us back half, then hold the rest to pay for vanity project like those mentioned above. Whatever surplus is left over, and if we need extra for ourselves, it's given to us in the form of a loan that we then have to pay back. These are the facts, they can be checked.

Hope I have answered your question.

SOAR ALBA.
edit on 29-1-2019 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Seeing as how the first link you posted was from 6 years ago and is hopelessly out of date and irrelevant I shan't bother with the rest of them.

You'll find out in a short while it's the other way around.

OK, I'll just wait and see then.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

the data maybe 6 years old but the legislation and the agreements on how scotland pays its national debt with the rest of the UK hasn't changed so its still relevant if factual!

edit on 29-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Yes, but HS2 has changed since then. It's out of date.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

well this will become ever more apparent when England start to demand our water during drought seasons etc
and we have more clean water than England and Wales combined.

all future wars will be fought over water !

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

changed in what way , as far as I recall Scotland are still paying for it

did we charge England for the new Forth Road bridge ?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Seeing as how the first link you posted was from 6 years ago and is hopelessly out of date and irrelevant I shan't bother with the rest of them.

Typical. I just knew you would stick gummy bears in your ears and la la la la the facts away like you always have done.

One Report from five years ago in no way changes the facts and is as relevant today as it was in 2014. We still pay these unsolicited debts and more to this day as we have been for centuries.

Scotland owes England not one thin dime. England, on the other hand, continues to steal our assets to keep its head above water.

You want your country back? Maybe you should start with going it alone without living off the backs of other nations plundered wealth for once in your lives. Westminster = the ultimate blood sucking leech.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

What about this?

Huge economic Boost for Scotland

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24149259]Soloprotocol[/

Typical. I just knew you would stick gummy bears in your ears and la la la la the facts away like you always have done.

You did, did you? Why don't you toddle off and watch Braveheart a few more times, like you always have done.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Exactly, And did it go an hour over the time limit or a penny over budget? Did we get lottery funding to host the commonwealth games like England did for the Olympic games?.

The answer on all counts is NO, We paid our own way. Scotland doesn't need to leech from other countries. We have an abundance of natural resources and assets, and none more so than it's people.

Independence is not only inevitable, it's a must if we are to thrive as a nation. Once we have nothing left to exploit England will gladly let us go. They'll even hold a referendum on it and we will be kicked to the curb a shell of what we Should have been.

We take our independence ASAP or we will be granted it once we are a financial basket case. London will make sure of that

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Pish. Is that it. Grayling said so it must be true. How the hell does a train not operating in our country benefit us.?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You did, did you? Why don't you toddle off and watch Braveheart a few more times, like you always have done.

The response of a 2-year-old.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Independence is not only inevitable, it's a must if we are to thrive as a nation. Once we have nothing left to exploit England will gladly let us go. They'll even hold a referendum on it and we will be kicked to the curb a shell of what we Should have been.

We take our independence ASAP or we will be granted it once we are a financial basket case. London will make sure of that

But you had a referendum and you Scots did not want to leave? Nothing to do with us, so if you don't like it I suggest that you take it up with your fellow countrymen and stop whingeing on about how much you hate the English. Change the record?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Pish. Is that it. Grayling said so it must be true. How the hell does a train not operating in our country benefit us.?

Well, it will make the trip from London to Scotland a lot quicker, won't it?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Oooh an economic boost WOW

still doesnt take away from the fact that it wont go into Scotland

HS2 is meant to link 8 out of 10 of the largest cities in Britain
yet Glasgow or Edinburgh are not even included

just because it means we get faster trains doesnt mean we should have to pay for it if it doesnt even cross into Scotland!

So would Scotland be entitled to create our own version of HS2 as a spinal column down Scotland and charge England for it
Seems fair !

oh well maybe we should just build a new version of Hadrians wall on the border to the tune of £42.6 billion and make England pay for it

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

edit on 29-1-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Who wants to go there / I'm just joking but , hey if I want to get there to fling my #e at our government then I'll get there in record time !

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I believe this to be 100% true, once we have been robbed of every natural resource Westminster will go oh , hey lets have an English ref on Scotland staying in the Union
and then its bye bye Scotland !

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
not sure if this has been fact checked but looks like its been done through FOI

stop HS2

here are the top ten cities by population
, Glasgow is 5th largest but conveniently left out of the HS2 plans , thought we were a Union ?

1 (32) – London – 10,236,000
2 (170) – Manchester – 2,639,000
3 (183) – Birmingham-Wolverhampton – 2,512,000
4 (259) – Leeds-Bradford – 1,893,000
5 (390) – Glasgow – 1,220,000
6 (565) – Southampton-Portsmouth – 883,000
7 (570) – Liverpool – 875,000
8 (619) – Newcastle – 793,000
9 (650) – Nottingham – 755,000
10 (701) – Sheffield – 706,000

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

No idea, but it does seem a bit biased.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join