It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Scotland leave the UK after Brexit and be governed by Brussels?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
(post by Muninn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
We had an independence vote - we voted no. Leaving the eu doesn’t change that.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: TheShippingForecast
There's a huge bitterness in everything you say and the way you express yourself.
Nope, amusement, entertainment, and mocking whingebags would be the key words to describe my posts.
I'm happy living in the UK, it is great...but I'm not the one whinging like you Scots.
Life is great, I'm not the richest guy in town but I'm not starving and even our homeless people are not...Scotland sounds a crap place to live judging by the posts of Scottish members.

OK dokes.

I think Scottish independence within EU will be a better outcome for us than Brexit UK.
And I'll leave it at that for the night.

G'night all.

(post by CornishCeltGuy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

a reply to: djz3ro

I'm not whinging like you Scots do, I don't give a #, I'm happy how it is here down in the SW.
We will always have the tourists every summer and lack of government/police presence is something I actually like.
I can see why folk in Yorkshire are pissed off though, more people and no representation like you Scots.
I don't care though because I live down here, not Yorkshire.

You Scots are the whinging bastards of the UK though, free prescriptions, free university education, subsidised water charges, cheap rent, #ing whingebags.
I'm happy in my corner of England even without all that, very happy.

Whining bloody poms! It's just how you guys roll.

But I got news for ya, soon Queen Elizabeth will pass and everyone in the commonwealth will be calling for their independence... From Canada & Australia to Scotland & Northern Ireland... Your little 'empire' days are numbered.

And none of that stereotypical whining and moaning is gonna make a single bit of difference.
edit on 21-1-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

There's a huge bitterness in everything you say and the way you express yourself.
Nope, amusement, entertainment, and mocking whingebags would be the key words to describe my posts.
I'm happy living in the UK, it is great...but I'm not the one whinging like you Scots.
Life is great, I'm not the richest guy in town but I'm not starving and even our homeless people are not...Scotland sounds a crap place to live judging by the posts of Scottish members.

OK dokes.

I think Scottish independence within EU will be a better outcome for us than Brexit UK.
And I'll leave it at that for the night.

G'night all.

Take care fella and best wishes.
I've enjoyed the exchange, and we are all fellow humans at the end of the day

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

a reply to: Muninn
Dude, contribute to the argument instead of focusing on me as a person.
What are your thoughts on Scotland voting to leave the UK.
I know this is the mudpit but at least stay on-topic or you make yourself look like a prick.

I hope for your sake that Scotland gets what they want.

So it's okay for you to be a prick but when someone else does it then it's bad.
I've made reasoned arguments about the OP, while you have just focused on me as a person.
You are just a lame lil troll who does not have the balls to enter into reasoned argument or discussion.
Talk to me about potential Scottish independence and I'm open for debate, but carry on just trolling about me as a person and I'm sorry but I'll just dismiss you and disregard your off-topic comments.

Again lol.

Your op is full of insults, if you really wanted a real discussion then you should have posted somewhere other then the pit.
Stop playing the victim, it's not a good look.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I thought Australia and Canada were independent?
Anything to offer me to prove otherwise?

As for Northern Ireland.....no chance.

Scotland maybe, hopefully not.

As for moaning and whining......# me, you Aussies have taken it to a whole new different level recently.
The stereotypical rough, tough Aussie man is as incorrect as the stiff upper lip, bowler hat wearing stereotypical Englishman is.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Do you think Westminster just said "hey let's give more representation to Scotland?"
Erm well yes they did, they gave you the Barnett formula The very unfair monetry advantage that you seem to all forget about when it suites you
The ability to have your own parliament while still being overrepresented in the english parliament and the ability for Scotish MPs to vote on truly English only affairs
I would however agree with you about the women you mention The Scottish women i have known have all been
lovely people

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
That wouldn't surprise me.
I find it hard to believe that countries like yours and Canada/NZ still have a foreign queen as head of state.
I am massively against our constitutional monarchy but at least she was born here.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
As for moaning and whining......# me, you Aussies have taken it to a whole new different level recently.
What have I missed? Are Aussie men wearing skinny jeans and carrying manbags these days or something?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Our governor generals... who by law, are bound to the will of the monarch of england.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Our governor generals... who by law, are bound to the will of the monarch of england.
Yes, that is the bit which is funny as # for me, a governor general, a foreign queen as head of state!
It is like going back 200 years!
At least the whinging Scots have a head of state born on the same island lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Said it from the start, even made a thread about it back in 2009...

Scottish Independence or maybe not?

Brexit will never happen, will either be a second referendum with a remain vote or some form of brexit with a Scottish referendum resulting in Scotland joining the European Union once again and the rest of the UK following suit shortly afterwards. It's quite obvious since the UK has never fully joined and adopted the currency etc. It's pretty much the only way it would be possible without waiting and brainwashing for another decade or so.

I just don't know why anyone is thinking otherwise

As you know, I am Scottish. I am not a Unionist or Nationalist, I try and look at the best of both worlds so to speak where possible. One thing I do believe is that the people should have freedom of choice, currently under either government UK or Scottish, this is not the case at all in my opinion.
edit on 21-1-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O
I just don't know why anyone is thinking otherwise
...urm, maybe because people don't all think the same way you do?
Oh wise sage who can see the future lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Oh wise sage who can see the future lol.

PS: You can't win with you today can you? Speak in proper English and you are a sage, speak in slang and you throw a jessie fit. I hope tomorrow you wake up on the right side of the bed ya grumpy f'ing bawbag ye lol

edit on 21-1-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Seems you need some cooler air blown up your kilt.

(post by CornishCeltGuy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Have a wee break from the boards mate and relax...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join