It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Scotland leave the UK after Brexit and be governed by Brussels?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: djz3ro

If we voted to leave the UK I can guarantee Sturgeon wouldn't have sat round twiddling her thumbs for 2 years...

True.
She would have #ed things up well and truly within one year.

Her record as a politician is appalling.

I may disagree with your opinion on Scottish independence but I thoroughly understand and respect it.
I can't say the same about your defence and apparent support for Sturgeon and her cronies....full of wind and piss and empty, romanticised rhetoric and empty of action and substance.

Personally I feel the SNP, in an independent Scotland, should be disbanded having achieved their goal and a new system with independent politicians and no party system. I think Sturgeon would deserve her place but would be able to be voted out of not pulling her weight.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ScepticScot

If you lived there or had done so im sure you would understand the predicament.

Rats, cockroach, and bedbug infestations all over the shop. Brothels and crack houses on every second corner. Old people unable or unwilling to leave their homes for fear of being mugged as soon as they leave the door or their house being turned over whilst they are still in the place.

You cant be a first minister and allow your home constituency to fall into such disrepute and anarchic rule and expect to be taken seriously as a political figurehead.

It's just not done.

Labour had a lot to do with lack of help or proper amenities, nevermind proper Policing of the area in question. But they are not in the driving seat any longer Sturgeons SNP are the ones responsible for the whole affair now, and nothing meaningful is being done.

What do you imagine happens to places like Govanhill after Brexit? Because i sure dont see them getting any better, that's a given.

Glasgow city council was Labour almost 40 years up to 2017.

During same period UK government was Tory & Labour.

You didn't actually answer what you would have expected her to have done.

There are plenty of legitimate criticisms of the SNP and Sturgeon. Blaming them for something they have virtually no power over is however ridiculous.

By that logic Cameron must have been a great PM as his constituency was one of the richest areas in the UK.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

How she got no power to improve her own constituency???

Shes the first minister of a nation ffs.

The people of Govanhill, along with others, granted, put her where she is today.

Logic has little to do with it, common sense dictates people should not have to live that way in this day of age.

Simple really.

Do you imagine Cameron's then constituency of Whitby or May's Maidenhead would ever be allowed to fall into such disrepute?

The answer I'm afraid is a resounding NO.

It is what it is, just as Sturgeon is what she is, that being inept in the extreme where GH is concerned.
edit on 2-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

How she got no power to improve her own constituency???

Shes the first minister of a nation ffs.

The people of Govanhill, along with others, granted, put her where she is today.

Logic has little to do with it, common sense dictates people should not have to live that way in this day of age.

Simple really.

Do you imagine Cameron's then constituency of Whitby or May's Maidenhead would ever be allowed to fall into such disrepute?

The answer I'm afraid is a resounding NO.

It is what it is, just as Sturgeon is what she is, that being inept in the extreme where GH is concerned.

So answer the question what do you think she should have done or do?

Cameron's and Mays constituencies aren't well off because they elect conservatives, they elect conservatives because they are well off.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

"So answer the question what do you think she should have done or do?"

To begin with Police, Police and more Police in the area, to remove the criminal element, gangs and house tanners. Curb the class A Smack n Crack use and drug dealing with zero tolerance in operation, needs to be implemented.

It's not no matter what's being said by Police Scotland, the SNP or Mrs Sturgeon.

As to the infestation issues, I'm not a bug or rodent expert, dont know how to tackle such, but poverty, austerity, poor housing nevermind the fact that the bins and crap all over the streets go unemptied and unattended to for weeks on end needs to be addressed.

The simple things, to begin with, just to give the people and the area a chance to recover.

"Cameron's and Mays constituencies aren't well off because they elect conservatives, they elect conservatives because they are well off."

Crazy mad circular argument there which actually contains a measure of truth.

But the way it seems to operate in reverse is because the majority of Sturgeons constituents in the area are poor and live in a deprived area they should receive little or no help, and exist in extreme poverty and an unclean environment.

She's supposed to make things better and pay attention to the needs of her constituents, not do very little and cry the odd Crocodile tear.
edit on 2-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join