It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Scotland leave the UK after Brexit and be governed by Brussels?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Why do you Scots have such a huge chip on your shoulders?

I would love to have a vote. If the rest of the UK could vote you could probably have your "FREEEEEEDOM!".

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

we have a chip on our shoulder because our government (Westminster) are a bunch of useless arseholes
they cant do # all !

So we want out , people get divorced all the time its not a big deal really
but if you were married to an abusive partner you'd want out right ? (n fact we voted out of the EU , same thing )
that's kind of how the majority of Scots feel , the tories are our abusive partner
they are gaslighting us making us think we are mental

psychological abuse is now a crime in Scotland!

is it wrong to want to determine your own countries future free from party politics and selv serving politician and bankers, we arent getting any meaningful change from westminster, so we want to make that change ourselves !

If you truly love us carpy you will let us go !

xxx

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I really hope so but Westmonster are planning to stripping back the devolved powers of Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales so I can see them kaiboshing our next Indy Ref, I really hope not, but it seems ever more likely. It's sink or swim with the rest of the UK I fear, as opposed to soaring like we could if we could leave...

So why did your fellow Scots vote to stay in the Union, then, if it is that clear cut?

The "Why" , well the media propaganda , the project fear , Scotland was hit with the most pro Union propaganda possible , we were all lied to repeatedly about the benefits of the Union and staying together , we were promised more , but never got it !

and no wonder we stayed we are suffering some serious stockholme syndrome

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I really hope so but Westmonster are planning to stripping back the devolved powers of Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales....

Are they?

I've never heard anything about that, have you got any links for me please?

Surely they must realise that all the regions need increased devolved power if The Union is to continue.

..... so I can see them kaiboshing our next Indy Ref,.....

If there's enough public support for another referendum then surely there can be no moral objection against one.
I don't think there's any legal restriction against Indy2.

Scotland will do as Scotland see's fit.

But I've got to say I can't see the benefits of another incredibly divisive referendum so soon after two referendum that caused great divisions within Scotland.
No matter the outcome of any Indy2 the only assured certainty is the deep rooted resentment and bitterness that will result.

It's sink or swim with the rest of the UK I fear,....

It could be worse....wallow in the obscurity alone in the monstrosity that is the EU.
Surely one of the lessons learnt from this Brexit shambles is the bullying, intimidatory, uncompromising nature of the EU.

as opposed to soaring like we could if we could leave...

Imagine how far we could ALL soar if we start concentrating on the many things that unite us and if we unite and help transform this Union into something we can ALL be proud of.

Better together my friend.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I see it happening like this , Scotland leaves the Uk and EU , Scotland makes a new system of governance that does away with all the horrible old stuff that kept us all back !
England realises how it can be better if it does the same , they follow suit , the old ways are gone and we make a new union

but not until we have removed every last trace of the failed democracy that we currently have !

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

yeah starting with the Monarchy and the top down society.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

yeah starting with the Monarchy and the top down society.

well the rest of the UK would obviously keep the monarchy for the tourism revenue , and we'd need to move from Constitutional monarchy to just something like a constitutional peoples republic
with devolved powers to local regions similar to that of america, but with more protection for people and environment, limited power for corporations and banks

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I suggest we get a cross section of UK members of ATS and over a few beers and things, maybe a couple of games of pool etc we come up with a plan to move us forward together in a progressive, compassionate and competitive manner free from the shackles of the political elites etc and the out of date existing electoral and parliamentary procedures.

Enough of that; a bit of Jarvis to serve as a reminder to us all.

Disclaimer: Don't watch if swearing offends or you're afraid of the truth.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I see it happening like this , Scotland leaves the Uk and EU , Scotland makes a new system of governance that does away with all the horrible old stuff that kept us all back !
England realises how it can be better if it does the same , they follow suit , the old ways are gone and we make a new union

but not until we have removed every last trace of the failed democracy that we currently have !

Can it be based on mutual animosity? We love to hate each other but hate everyone else more?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

well yeh we can change the word hate to tolerate

im sure it will work out fine , but we all need to get rid of this lot first, and I think Scotland is in a good position to do it , then you all follow suit !

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

we could hold an ATS UK conference, and get some good speakers from teh UK to speak on a number of issues based on the forums we have on ATS
and one can be political , one can be science, the other UFO;s etc

we have a lot of UK members who are lead researchers on various topics in the UK
so it would be a good idea to have an UK ATS conference
we could pick a median place , like Manchester or Birmingham or Glasgow
we could hire a venue , organise lectures over the weekend, maybe get springers permission and film it all
that way we can have our meetings as well , everyone wins , plus we all get to meet and make nice !
and actually mold some friendships and actually fix this #

Imagine having that first ATS conference in the UK official , with lectures , guest speakers etc , Id definitely go

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Of course I love you dearly and you may consider yourselves let go, if it were up to me. Which it isn't, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I knew you had feelings for us

now how about this ATS UK conference what say you carpy? I mean AULD carpy is what I shall refer to you now since you love me you have a scots pronoun

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

As long as there's beer and recreational activities deal me in.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Cool sounds fun , there will have to be beer , could ye imagine an ATS event without beer ?
plus we can always goto the pub afterwards, however maybe best if we are all herded into one area as not to let the conspiracy nutters drunk into the public !

Ok how should I go about organising an ATS conference with guest speakers, first I need to ask Springer et al if its ok to do this or if there is already an official ATS UK conference!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Our referendum results were about as clear cut as the Brexit referendum results.

The fact is our nation is divided just about right down the middle.

This is by design, social engineering is at play, divide and conquer mentality 101 really.

And whilst we squabble over the bullcrap Brexit debacle and/or independence, these banker bastards, corporations, and political puppeteers, are sitting back lining their own pockets or moving there assets and monies offshore so they can ride out the coming socioeconomic chaos with relative ease.

What's clear cut is that its the common everyday person that will pay the price for these bastards pipedream.
edit on 31-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That kinda hits the nail on the head.

Today, my first wages payday of 2019 and I’ve just done my first “big shop” of this year (a bit of a Peter Kay way of expressing myself here, but you get the drift).

The price rises are astonishing, even compared to December. It was Tesco right enough, not a cheap store but defo mainstream, wasn’t even seasonal price rises either, doesn’t matter what I was looking at the price had noticeably increased since last month, from washing powder to tea bags to cat food, you name it.

Meanwhile we’re all talking Brexit, Scottish independence etc. We’re talking that and arguing ourselves daft, meanwhile we’re being robbed blind by real terms inflationary price rises on a scale not seen since the 1970’s. Yet somehow they tell us the official inflation rate is only 2-3% ??

Something’s not right.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

That ASDA mob skin about £130/£170 bucks a fortnight from me.

Prices are mental, and after Brexit, i can only imagine that's going to get far worse depending on how it goes down.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

I noticed liddl bockwurst had gone up 20p a pack to 2.19 the other day, you may be onto something.
Asda asparagus is only 95p though, half the price of Lidl and Aldi
edit on 11pThu, 31 Jan 2019 13:47:11 -060020192019-01-31T13:47:11-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Its the Pot Noodles and the like that get my goat in ASDA. LoL

How come one week they are all 49p a pop and the next week they are back to £1?

And it's not just the cardboard Pot Noodles that are the problem there costing is all over the place where many a product is concerned.

I asked once and the Manager suggested fuel prices are a significant factor, somehow i tend to imagine he's full of Pot Noodle himself. LoL

Just admit Wallmart sent you too many Pot Noodle ffs, and you are bumping us the rest of the time.

It's disgraceful.

ASDA Pot Noodle rant over. LoL
edit on 31-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join