It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Scotland leave the UK after Brexit and be governed by Brussels?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Big sturgeon at it again !

looks like she is gunning for indy2
scottish parliament votes for indy 2

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Big sturgeon at it again !

looks like she is gunning for indy2
scottish parliament votes for indy 2

That's from March 2017 my friend

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

When 3 or more Scots get together to make a Grave Decision , rest assured 2 Will be Against the Right one Out of Spite ........(
edit on 31-1-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That's a load of wind and pish, considering there's at least 4 of us on the same page here it seems there's a flaw in your (lack of) logic...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

What Clan are you then , and No , you cannot Date my Sister ....

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I'm of the Clark's which wasn't really a Clan but a subsidiary of MacPherson. And cheers but I'm not interested in dating ha ha

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
A few changes since I last visited this thread. Former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond has been arrested & charged with some very serious offences. The SNP are in turmoil from top to bottom. A couple of genuinely piss poor performances in the Commons from their leader there. The SNP are having a very hard time on social media “up here”, so’s one particularly hapless Green MSP who made some derogatory remarks about Winston Churchill. And if you believe the spin, there may now be a path for a negotiated Brexit which can command a majority at Westminster, assuming there’s a bit of give and take by/with the EU.

Good news (?) ... there’s been a major discovery of gas 118 miles east of Aberdeen, 250 million barrels of oil equivalent, still more to be identified. So plenty life left in the North Sea yet.

I don’t think the last week has been too promising for those who want another Scottish independence referendum. Perhaps the OP will come along soon to share his unique insight.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Round 'em up, put 'em in a field and bomb the bastards!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

Sadly I agree with you, May has said she won't grant permission if it was asked, like it or not we're stuck Brexiting with the rest of the once great nation, May doesn't have any carda left to play, she has all the bargaining prowess of a lump of charcoal and as aa result we will suffer. The Torys are in turmoil, Labour are in turmoil, now it seems the SNP are in turmoil, the Lib Dems will likely never be trusted again, the Greens are just too small and there's nobody else worth speaking about. If there was ever a time for political reform it's now while nobody has any real trust in tbe political establishment...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I honestly didnt even see the date hahaha

ok but isnt it still relevant that if May triggers article 50 scotland will still trigger their article 30 and invoke the indy 2 public ref . So no matter what it still has to happen ?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

When 3 or more Scots get together to make a Grave Decision , rest assured 2 Will be Against the Right one Out of Spite ........(

Naw , we are all in agreement your talkin pish !

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
In light of all the things remainer Scots hate about Brexit, I have some questions.
Would the referendum be 50 percent plus one?
Or will it require 50 percent+ of all Scots to be in favour? A minimum turn out.

Will Scots living in England get a vote?
Will it be ok, if the vote carries, for MSPs to try and water down independence with talk about how referenda are rubbish and insist on some deal tying Scotland to the Union still?

Finally, won't you feel a bit cheated to get independence only to give away sovereignty to Brussels?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes - what if the result was 52-48% either way? Best out of three?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Take a lot of Bucky to sort out that mess haha

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I honestly didnt even see the date hahaha

ok but isnt it still relevant that if May triggers article 50 scotland will still trigger their article 30 and invoke the indy 2 public ref . So no matter what it still has to happen ?

I really hope so but Westmonster are planning to stripping back the devolved powers of Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales so I can see them kaiboshing our next Indy Ref, I really hope not, but it seems ever more likely. It's sink or swim with the rest of the UK I fear, as opposed to soaring like we could if we could leave...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
won't you feel a bit cheated to get independence only to give away sovereignty to Brussels?

out of the frying pan and into the fire!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I was under the impression we can have as many refs as we like as they are only an indicator of public opinion and then parliament take that into consideration if the majority want it then parliament have to go through the legal process to make it binding and ratify it ?

So if the government could orchestrate and carry it out they could have a referendum every month really if that is what the public wanted and the government wanted to carry out
its not legally binding just an indicator of the will of the electorate.

Would it be considered a better democracy if we just had one and never again ? its not a really good representation of the country when people change their minds like the wind !

Would it not be more democratic if you consulted the electorate at nearly every chance you get since its the people who vote and pay taxes .

It would be a required greater than 50% turn out for the electorate and it would need to be a clear majority , the indyref 2 won by 10 votes in parliament , so ten votes is good enough for them its good enough for us !

but im sure they will tighten the rules surrounding the vote , just to put pressure on !
I think scots all over the world should be allowed to vote but in reality its not entirely fair since they no longer contribute to our society
as for those in England , well they too should get a vote as they pay into our united kingdom .

Just out of curiosity , say the rest of UK had the vote, how would they vote on Scotland leaving or staying
you think you'd all vote for us to leave and let us go be freeeeee weeeeee
or would ye all vote for us to go down with the ship ?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I really hope so but Westmonster are planning to stripping back the devolved powers of Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales so I can see them kaiboshing our next Indy Ref, I really hope not, but it seems ever more likely. It's sink or swim with the rest of the UK I fear, as opposed to soaring like we could if we could leave...

So why did your fellow Scots vote to stay in the Union, then, if it is that clear cut?
edit on 31-1-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join