It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Scotland leave the UK after Brexit and be governed by Brussels?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

......when history and the present does allude to people in power taking advantage of Scotland for the benefit of the few

Not unique to Scotland.
N.E. England has ben screwed over just as much....same as pretty much everywhere.

.... everyone should take personal responsibility absolutely no doubts about that , just those who # us over never do!

Of course they don't, and why would they when they have us bickering and arguing with each other as much as we do?
We concentrate on the little things that divide us rather than the many important things that should unite us!

Which is exactly why Scotland needs out of this union and out of the EU union , that way we cannae blame anyone but oorsels! [

But you can't even agree on that.
Some want Brexit and remain in The Union.
Some want Brexit and an independent Scotland.
Some want to remain in both the EU and The Union.
Some want to remain in the EU but as an independent Scotland.

Then you have people from The Shetlands etc that want independence from Scotland and the EU but to remain in The union.
And others from The Shetlands etc who want total independence from all of them.
The others who want independence from Scotland and The Union but to remain in the EU.

I'm sure you get my drift.

And who benefits from all this division?
Certainly not the likes of you and I my friend.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

haha your cards are marked mate

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

WTF

i blame the bankers

i remembered Patterson as being English because he helped found the bank of England
at the end of the day he is one of them, not one of us, and by us i mean the 99%

Have i said i blame the English??

if i did then im sorry because i dont

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I thought it was illegal to donate to parties in the UK for political posturing ,

If that was true The Tories would have been consigned to the history books donkeys years ago.

The Labour Party used to get most of its funding from Trade Unions - obviously the only way the vast majority of their core supporters could afford to donate to them. But that was made illegal by The Tories so Labour had to court wealthy individuals resulting in the abomination that is The Labour Party today.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

In our new UK , we wont be having any of that , no political donations for party funding !

this will prevent corporate overlords from influencing legislation and buying power and trade agreements which benefit the few!

Doesn't surprise me though !

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

No political parties.
No donations.
No lobbyists.

MP's should also be banned from having second jobs such as parliamentary strategists, advisers and consultants.

And fiddling of taxes, expenses etc should result in prosecution and imprisonment if found guilty.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Can we also have a Gunge Tank on Question Time?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Aye we have a zero tolerance policy for that type of behaviour !

that would be fantastic

what a dream it would be

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

they certainly shouldnt be investing in Private healthcare where they can influence legislation for their own gains

possible future OP of mine that will take a while to do.

the government pay a lot of money to private healthcare companies

was acquired by private equity firm Advent in 2011 from a consortium of investors including the Royal Bank of Scotland for £925m. Lord Ashcroft, the former Conservative party deputy chairman and co-author of a biography about David Cameron, previously held a 32.5% stake in the group. Tom Riall, chief executive of Priory, said: “We are creating a genuine world leader in the provision of behavioural healthcare services, and we are excited about the opportunities for the future.” Rumours that Advent was looking to offload Priory surfaced last summer, with suggestions that the private equity group was pushing for a public flotation of the company. Priory cares for more than 30,000 people. It is split into four divisions: healthcare; education and children’s services; adult care; and older people’s care.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Aye....and what do you propose this 'gunge' would consist of, literally the #e that most QT panellists usually talk?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Piranhas, electric eels, snapping turtles? That sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Velociraptors?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Sounds good.
Maybe throwing in a couple of highly venomous snakes would be apt?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

And hence the underfunding and mismanagement of the NHS in order to backdoor its privatisation.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
how about Hydrofluoric Acid

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Dour, humourless, angry Scotsmen?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

hey thats a great idea, can we just lock them in a room with whinging scots until they commit group suicide !
we have a Winner !

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Could make it far more entertaining. Simply lock them in a room, tell them they have to form a committee and then say committee members get to leave. And then tell them 2 can't join the committee - but it's up to them who that 2 are and it doesn't have to be decided by negotiation. Could also leave a couple of maces in the room.....

Channel 4 would bid for it.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Or we could make parliament go through the brutal process of decimation!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Dour, humourless, angry Scotsmen?

At least one of those words is redundant.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join