It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Scotland leave the UK after Brexit and be governed by Brussels?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't want Scotland to leave us, but if they do can they bring Liverpool with them?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xabi87

Manchester too, please?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
look at this as one of the arguements for it !

2.1 We Are Being ‘Left Behind’ Possibly the weakest argument of all which has been used to justify the building of HS2 is that we invented the railways but are being ‘left behind’ by other countries which have been investing heavily in high speed rail networks, and that in the UK we only have 68 miles of high speed rail, namely HS1 in Kent.

we are being left behind because we sold of our national rail to outside companies
and foreign investors who have squandered our rail systems at the expense of the tax payer and never updated the rail networks thats why!

and I wonder who it was that sold it off , OH thats right ladies and gentlemen you guessed it the Conservative party! DING DING DING

Privitisation of British Rail

link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: oldcarpy

You did, did you? Why don't you toddle off and watch Braveheart a few more times, like you always have done.

The response of a 2-year-old.

The response of a dour and humourless Scotsman.

link   

Id rather have scousers than londoners thats for sure !

link   

How about we just split the UK, North and South. It would be unfair if only the Scottish managed to escape the London government.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

It was close to 50/50,
And that was after they threatened our jobs and implemented the fear factor by all means possible

But your just here to try and wind people up

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
a reply to: sapien82

did we charge England for the new Forth Road bridge ?

Independence is not only inevitable, it's a must if we are to thrive as a nation. Once we have nothing left to exploit England will gladly let us go. They'll even hold a referendum on it and we will be kicked to the curb a shell of what we Should have been.

We take our independence ASAP or we will be granted it once we are a financial basket case. London will make sure of that

But you had a referendum and you Scots did not want to leave? Nothing to do with us, so if you don't like it I suggest that you take it up with your fellow countrymen and stop whingeing on about how much you hate the English. Change the record?

Check your ego for a second , we arent saying we hate the English far from it , we are saying we Hate Westminster Government !

carpy you are awrite mate as are all the other Enlgish members here, as are the girls from England ive dated, and all the friends ive made from England and even my own family !

whats more annoying is everytime we Scots complain about how we are being shafted by Westminser, you all take it personally as if we hate England which is simply not the case, Was it you lot that rattified the act of union , NO
was it you lot that sold of all the national resources NO , was it you who imposed poll tax , was it you who decided to # us all with brexit , Naw, its was the government mate, so dont take it personally which it appears as though you are !

Same with most members, we criticise the Westminster government and everyone thinks we hate England !

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

My dear friend, I get where you are coming from and agree with a lot of what you post - except when you are wrong, of course.

I was not addressing that to you, I was replying to one of your fellow Scots who plainly does harbour some rather negative feelings towards us English.

Here, have a

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Aye , some of us , do have that in their bones , not sure why exactly maybe just personal experiences !
which is what does cloud some judgement , but I think there is a lot of national resentment fueled by propaganda from various sources , and over time it builds into hatred !

Which is #e , wouldnt it be magic if we could just punt those useless MP's intae the sea and start over

absolutely fed up with the lot of them , if any time was ripe for change at that level it would be now , what would the EU say , if the UK decided to revolt and overthrow the government , what would happen in the aftermath

what is the process for forming a new government who takes the lead , i seems as if its a great idea , to kick them all to the curb, but how do we go about making a new system which benefits us and the planet and puts banks, corp and government down to the bottom with limited powers ?

Like what is the boiling point for the UK when we all just get fed up with government no matter our views on Brexit , there are still a lot of people who seem to think that democracy is alive and well in the UK which is a bloody lie
edit on 29-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

Like what is the boiling point for the UK when we all just get fed up with government no matter our views on Brexit ,

What do you mean, "when"? Most of us already are fed up with them.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Gas Find in Nort Sea Hailed as Biggest in A Decade

East of Aberdeen, apparently.

By a Chinese state owned exploration company. Not just us thieving English making free with your natural resources...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

we are being left behind because we sold of our national rail to outside companies
and foreign investors who have squandered our rail systems at the expense of the tax payer and never updated the rail networks thats why!

The Train Operating Companies were privatised.

The railway network was not. Network Rail is a State Owned Enterprise. Maybe that's the problem?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

The Train Operating Companies were privatised.

The railway network was not. Network Rail is a State Owned Enterprise. Maybe that's the problem?

The rail network was privatised, it was a cataclysmic failure and had to be bought back by the government.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

We are one under the control of the e lite, it's them we need to get rid ov
The divide us when we are brothers and sisters, we just need to see it for ourselves
We can be so strong if we are all pulling in the same direction.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I thought the Dutch owned ScotRail
They rip us off and we see nothing of the money.

Prices are extortionate for people travelling to work its a fking disgrace

Yes it is
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 29-1-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

was this possible because the tories sold off some of our gas fields ?

Also , who is total ? as alluded to in the article
is that the name of the Chinese company or the company that currently owns the infrastructure to extract the gas the Chinese company discovered ?

Total owns a 25% stake in the Glengorm field.

All of that gas will go through Scottish infrastructure so its good business for Scotland still , but bad for the environment ,
I think that that gas and oil should stay in the earth , until we can find a clean way to extract it without causing more environmental impact

edit on 29-1-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: ScepticScot

I thought the Dutch owned ScotRail
They rip us off and we see nothing of the money.

Prices are extortionate for people travelling to work its a fking disgrace

Scotrail (who are Dutch owned) run the trains but are not responsible for the infrastructure.

You are 100% right about the prices. I pay hundreds a month for the privilege of standing.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

No idea. If they were yours you should have looked after them a bit better, perhaps?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

nah they were sold off by thatcher , they arent ours though according to westminster its the UK's oil !

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join