It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Movement and Antifa Plan Tuesday Protest at Covington Catholic School

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Oh, part of me would have loved to see that...and, yes, it would have been epic.

But, fortunately...cooler heads than ours prevailed.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I didn't say the kids needed to be there, I said open the school and surround it with armed parents waiting for the first imbecile that decides they're going to approach the school thinking the kids are inside it. Remember, my kids are homeschooled largely because I distrust and despise the nation's school system and strongly question their ability to keep my kids safe.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You're right, you didn't mention the kids. Sneaky ol' burdman...

Still, though it's a cool idea, that would leave the school open to all sorts of issues they don't need, nor the parents for that matter.

Still, sneeeaky idea.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's all about the narrative. Ask yourself why are we seeing an uptick in stories about Catholicism? What are they setting the stage for?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: infolurker

These are probably all paid agents by right wing news media outlets in order to create fake news stories so the right wing media outlets have something the Republicans foaming at the mouth when hearing the story can say, "See, Democrats are poo poo."

LOL

Reaching now are we?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: deltalima74

It's all about the narrative. Ask yourself why are we seeing an uptick in stories about Catholicism? What are they setting the stage for?

I know. Keep amy barret from becoming justice.

Well if that deosnt work, they can always manufacture gang rape allegations.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
At least some sort of systemic racism does exist in Canada. I am a First Nations person and a very successful business owner. My wife is not First Nations and here is what happens often:

- We book a Hotel. If I go in, IF there is a room I am told that there is no Partying allowed ... Mays well send my wife to book a room as no questions are asked.

- If I go out for supper and order a beer with my dinner will usually get a dirty look. My wife will often have a rye and coke and asked if she wants another.

- Just asked on the street by peace officer what I am up to and asked to see some ID (My Wife Never Get's carded)

I drive a BMW and have been pulled over numerous times and asked for proof of ownership, while my wife has never been pulled over.

- Gone to Walmart and paid with a platinum card and asked right away, 'Is that your card?'

Maybe not systemic but why do I have to put up with that?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Sure..I agree!

The black activists got the ball rolling, then, as a matter of human nature the catholic kids got their backs up. I'm not sure the natives were trying to make it worse, but it kinda went that way..all downhill.

Sad to see things like this, and to see things get twisted to suite agenda's.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
What did this kid do to deserve death threats and what did this school do to deserve having Antifa thugs harassing them?

Have a different point of view.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
. Even with additional information completely turning the story on it's head it's hard for some to shake that initial report. Even political bias doesn't explain all of them.

It’s become painfully obvious that they’re are more than a handful of members here reading from a script. There’s people/bots that will defend the most bat # crazy ideas over and over, that no one in their right mind would ever defend. The ones that you know damn well the one star they received was from one of their multiple accounts, because no idiot on the planet would double down and support wtf they just said. We unfortunately have a lot of trolls on ATS, but they do tend to out themselves more and more everyday.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Did I miss something? To me it just looked like the kids were being kids, very rude and obnoxious at best, smirking and laughing in there faces, while on the other hand they were and now are receiving racist remarks and threats.
What a great time we live in!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Matt11

They were being high school kids.

Thing is that Phillips never said anything about why he was doing what he was doing, and the kids had been harassed for around an hour by the Black Hebrews. The kids were also not the happiest because the Black Hebrews had not only been abusive to them but really vile to their black classmates.

So the kids had asked for a received permission to start doing to school chants and cheers together.

It was into this gathering that Phillips and his cohort came. That's what the kids were doing, and Phillips didn't explain anything about his intent. He just walked into the middle of a mini pep rally of kids who'd just been harassed and harangued for around an hour (I guess; the long video is that long).

They thought he was joining in at first which is where the chants and tomahawk chop likely comes in and the smiles. But those fade out as confusion sets in and Phillips' companion starts telling them all to go back to Europe, and that's where the smaller video takes up with Phillips in the one kid's face.

Yeah, the tomahawk chop and stuff could be considered disrespectful, but I don't think they knew for sure what was going on. I know one of the videos has one of the kids expressing that confusion. Teenagers are often not the most culturally sensitive things in the world, and teenage boys even less than girls. If they deserve to be chastised for anything, it's that, but that should be a matter handled by their school and not matter for the social media outrage they've gotten.

All things considered, they handled the incident with good grace for who and what they were -- teenage boys. Most adults would have trouble being harassed like that for a long period of time.
edit on 23-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I believe in the right for peaceful protest. But whatever happen that unwanted harassment is, well, illegal harassment?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

hahaha

So they cant be black Israelites?

How come Westboro Baptist Church didn't show up - they could have claimed victimhood against the Catholics as well

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

think that was a well thought out Democratic plan started by some control freaks in their party. How come Trump did not repeal that law?

About 6 months into Trumps presidency I started looking into him and came to the conclusion he was just the elites Plan B.

Sad fact of life when ever the opposing team get in they never give any power back to the People.

Further and further into fascism most democracies are heading.

Since 911 Western democracies tighten their grip on the populace whilst loosening oversight over Corporations.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
These morons are protesting the right entity for the wrong reasons. Catholicism has enough skeletons in the closet. None of which involve politics or MAGA hats. Talk about misplaced outrage.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The report I saw in the local paper said that the media outnumbered the protestors. Guess their 15 minutes is up.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
I thought children were off limits. I hope this story isn't true. You don't mess with the people's kids.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This thread has me laughing so hard im almost in tears.

"Those kids were being disrespectful!"- Nothing entitles someone to my respect, unless i believe they have earned it. Being of a certain race/culture, or older than me is simply not enough. Dont like it? Tough #.

"Where were the Chaperones at"- One of them was there, but more importantly, why is this the fallback argument when the narrative has been proven wrong? Because people dont want to place blame where it belongs. With the Black Israelites, and the Natives.

Its all attempted deflection. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yeah that’ll show them; go to a school and harass kids because some of them may be trump supporters and don’t align to their political views.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join