It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now They Have Both Gone Home - GH2019

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I first saw Patricia while we were in grade school. She never knew I existed.

We had several classes together in high school. She never knew I existed.

We were placed alphabetically at opposite ends of the tables at the prom. She never knew I existed.

She went off to college and got married; I went off to war and got messed up. She never knew I existed.

Her husband cheated and beat her until they divorced. I looked out my window, alone. She never knew I existed.

While moving back home she died; tired and alone. I was not able to attend the funeral. She never knew I existed.

This was five years ago, and today my sister went with me to the cemetery. They held a brief service and everyone was dressed in black.

As she was leaving, sis met a woman sitting by a grave a few rows over.

"I see you knew Patrica," said sis.

"Yes. She was my daughter," replied the older lady. "Why do you ask?"

"I had heard my brother mention her name the other day, so I was wondering if you knew him or remembered Patricia mention him. Its Bill Weems."

"No, I don't recall hearing the name. But, she was a popular girl with lots of friends, you know." The older woman said.

"Well, Bill was the shy type. He almost never said a word, even to me." Sis told her. "He was hurt real bad in the war, but for the past few years he just wasted away. All he would do was sit and look out his window"

" I was just thinking," said sis. "They grew up together and now they have both gone home."

The End

edit on 21-1-2019 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

I think the way you wrote that was bang on the structure a little jagged like the emotions your story conveyed. Top work.

new topics

join