It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump and VP Pence Honored Martin Luther King Today... No Democrats Attended.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

He would have. He never wanted division. He never wanted more or to be better. He wanted equality. That's it.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I can't help but wonder what Dr King would think of how today's politics have been combined with race and unhinged hatred. How skin color and politics define the racist hate of the day.

I can only imagine how disgusted and disappointed he'd be.

King would have been busy for decades exposing all the Democrat hypocrisy and BS !!

His motto would have been "trust but verify" 😎

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

"the full emancipation and equality of Negroes and the poor" - all people...that is what is different today.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Can anyone believe how childish the dems are?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: ausername

Martin Luther King, Jr. probably would have become a U.S. Senator, maybe a Republican Senator.

Probably. Democrats were the party that supported segregation and were against civil rights.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I’m sure MLK would have agreed that there were good people on both sides of Charlottesville.

Right guys?

Probably

He wouldn’t have failed for the media narrative

He would have understood that there were good people disagreeing with the white nationalists that nonetheless supporters the free speech rights

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Since we're playing the partisan card so heavily here, this is Dr. Alveda King ( MLK's niece ) setting the record straight about her family's political affiliation:

youtu.be...

Spoiler alert: They were Republicans and still are today.

Spoiler alert, there’s a thing called the southern strategy, which you guys conveniently leave out every time you try to white wash this time in history in your image.

In American politics, the Southern Strategy refers to a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans.[1][2][3] As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party.[4] It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right.[4]

Link

But I guess that’s too much like reality, huh?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Alveda King clearly stated her position and you're saying that cannot be true because of an electoral strategy from 60 or 70 years ago??

The absolute state of the Democratic party.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
And as B-side, here's MLK destroying the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" narrative everyone here loves so much. One of my favorite interviews with him.

Rest In Honor

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Alveda King clearly stated her position and you're saying that cannot be true because of an electoral strategy from 60 or 70 years ago??

Republican right now doesn't mean the same as Republican back then. Which you would know if you knew anything about the southern strategy and how it was used. All of this information is just a few clicks away.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Republican right now doesn't mean the same as Republican back then. Which you would know if you knew anything about the southern strategy and how it was used. All of this information is just a few clicks away.

So then I guess Alveda King mistakenly made her way on stage with Trump here:

Poor thing. She probably thought she was representing the other Republican party you're talking about.

And when she advocated for Trump's wall and prison reforms she must've simply been confused:

link

But I'm sure theres no shortage of Democrats to tell her how shes supposed to feel.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is FAKE, Trump-- the racist--bastard doesn’t care about human beings and certainly not black PEOPLE.

Just look at him torturing the federal workers to placate his ignorant racist base

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is FAKE, Trump-- the racist--bastard doesn’t care about human beings and certainly not black PEOPLE.

Just look at him torturing the federal workers to placate his ignorant racist base

Hispanics are white.

Hispanic is an ethnicity, not race.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: terrapincb

This is obviously a con job.

It is supposed to make it look like trump cares and the dems don't.

See trump knows that most people wont go read the facts.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So then I guess Alveda King mistakenly made her way on stage with Trump here:

Poor thing. She probably thought she was representing the other Republican party you're talking about.

And when she advocated for Trump's wall and prison reforms she must've simply been confused:

link

But I'm sure theres no shortage of Democrats to tell her how shes supposed to feel.

Why are you taking Alveda Kings words as gospel while discounting the words and thoughts of Dr. King himself? Strange.

Oh never mind. I just saw the picture with Trump you posted.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And that only lasted a few minutes.

It's a trump con .

It's working on some though so I guess , good job?

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Kings daughter is not king himself.

Post some interviews with king himself that back up your claim that he held current republican views.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Kings daughter is not king himself.

Post some interviews with king himself that back up your claim that he held current republican views.

www.youtube.com...

ETA: Not sure if it's the republican's platform, but it is certainly not the democrats.
edit on 21-1-2019 by randomtangentsrme because: wanted to.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ah, explains why there wasn't any mail today. Me & the (very R) neighbor next door were wondering if the mailman was just late today or what.

I think most on ATS would be rather surprised at how few people across all demographics in the real world actually pay attention to MLK Day as a holiday anymore.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I think most on ATS would be rather surprised at how few people across all demographics in the real world actually pay attention to MLK Day as a holiday anymore.

To be honest, I think a lot of what his platform was about got whitewashed away. He was about overall change after equality. Him being very anti-war doesn't get talked about a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was incredibly important that he helped civil rights so much, and I do think that was the main thing he championed. But it gets ignored he was about a lot more.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join