It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you decide you'd be attracted to the opposite sex??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's absolute bollocks and is clearly the "expectations" laid on her by her family and their desire to fuel the modern family unit, everyone must grow up , marry , have kids , produce and be a good citizen and have good christian moral values etc!

So as soon as someone goes against the grain , the world is over !

Im 36 and my parents are still putting their parental expectations on me and my partner , we dont want kids for various reasons , and all they do is harass us about having kids every time we go through to visit, my parents have even enlisted their friends to start asking us questions about it !

They expect us to have kids, so they can have grand kids !

we havent met their expectations of us and so they are constantly disappointed in us !

What would your parents say if your sister , went through surrogate motherhood she can still have babies , still be a success in her parents eyes !
So what if she likes women , more women in your family cant be a bad thing!

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It all started for me around 8 or 9, I've loved girls for almost as long as I remember and I did question if I might be gay or bi but it wasn't for very long as I have no attraction to men what so ever.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

We all have our challenges. Your cousins is having a broken attraction mechanism. Your dads is accepting that. Yours is thinking you're brilliant when you simply repeat what the TV tells you.

ZING
edit on 23-1-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

more women in your family cant be a bad thing!

Let's not say crazy things now. I can only handle the handful I have in my life. Let's not add any more of them.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Wish my gay friends who admit to choosing to be gay were on ATS.

Because we don't get a choice in the biology we're born with, but we always have a choice in what we do with it I believe.

I have a lot of ideas go through my head since birth, but I don't fricking act on them because I have a little thing called personal responsibility and self control.

This is my problem, we should not confuse sexuality with biology but people often do.

But yes, I have met people from all walks of life who have told me they have actually chosen their sexual preferences, while those who share their label scream you can only be born that way.

When did I decide to be straight?
Why not...

Were you born with a BDSM fetish?

When did you realise Polygamy was for you?

Can you recall the first time Rovers balls turned you on?

Did you come out of the vagina with a boner for My Little Ponies?

So were you born with a sexual interest in children?

Why do people always have to be born that way when it comes to being gay?
Who gives a # any way? Born that way or not, if you're gay you're gay, if you're straight you're straight. If you like being choked and spanked then you like being choked and spanked.

What has how you became that way got to do with it at all?
What's birth got to do with it?

If I am born a serial killer does that make it okay, because well, I cannot help it, it's in my genes.

(Before you go OH NOES you cannot compare -insert x here- with being gay, it's a little thing called context, and why the hell can I not compare it any way? At the core it is the same thing. Being able to give consent is another discussion.)

Are the men and women I know who chose to be gay less valid because they weren't born with same sex attraction?

Born this way is just an excuse for people to validate their choices if not to other then themselves.
"Sorry I cannot help it, I was born this way. Along with being born with no self control........"

Again who cares?
Not me, because I only care when your sex life disrupts the quality of my life.
I only care when I am forced to go against my own morals and opinions because someone feels matter more.
Be a Dolphin for all I care. Just don't be an ass.

Have people defecate on your face if that's how you're born. Just be a damn decent human being and respectful of others when you go into public.
Don't expect you're 'specialty' exempts you from the rules of society we're all expected to abide by.

So your old man has his own opinion? What's wrong with that?
Is he calling for a posse to go out and lynch your cousin?
I personally disagree with my parents all the time, I'd not stop talking to them over them not thinking like me.

You're all adults, get the hell over it.
You all get a choice in how you behave.

Not sure when I chose to be straight. But I did choose to not tell every man and his dog I am every 5 minutes.
What I do in the bedroom is nobody elses damn business.
I don't blame my actions and flaws on how I was birthed.

Too many whiny people these days, agree with me and everything is cool. DISAGREE AND I WILL RUIN YOU!!! (or stop talking to you)

It's often not our opinions that are the problem. It's how people choose to respond or act on them that usually is.

But as for choice? There's always a choice.

Welcome to equality, where everyone gets # about who and what they are equally, regardless of race, gender, beliefs or sexual preferences.

I was born tall, I get # daily since childhood, even bashed over it. Where's my freaking parade?
I DIDN'T CHOOSE TO BE TALL.

If your cousin weren't gay somebody would be picking on her being fat, having freckles or whatever.

But yep, let us make a dinner table discussion into a big public event.
Too bad people cannot keep # behind closed doors anymore. Everything has to be a spotlight grabbing scene these days.
(oooo but the stars and flags..... the up votes and likes this gets hey?)

Seriously where do we draw a line and when are we going to draw it.

Now excuse me, I have a bisexual friend I need to go counsel. Apparently despite being 'born' Bi. He has some Gay men and women picking on him for it.

Apparently he cannot be Bi. He cannot of been born that way. According to them he's just a dirty greedy little man trying to have the best of both worlds......

Oh but that's right, all homosexual people are saints. I keep forgetting that.
edit on 23-1-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos and words. more in their, there, they're no doubt.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

at this stage we dont really know if we are "born that way" because we simply dont have enough evidence to determine if genes do in fact choose everything we do ! like sexual partners etc , or in fact every action we will ever take!

as for the whole quantum physics of it , it may well be that everything is actually planned out for us and we have no free will over our choices , its so complex that we cannot fathom it , we assume humans have free will because we cannot determine with any great deal of certainty how a human will act / react , we have a general idea !

personally I think sexual preference isnt really a preference I just think we are sexual beings we all have different things we are into some the same some not

if a man likes it when his wife pegs him , does that make him gay or does it just mean he likes arousing himself with his g spot ?

does it make lesbians straight because they use phallic objects to stimulate themselves ?

nah I just think we are sexual beings and we will get our rocks off any way we can , that aligns with our own personal world view and morality !

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
When I was 3 and I kissed the red lips of the lady on the tv haha

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MConnalley

was it electrifying or did you just get a wee static shock?

and by that I mean , did it attract you further to women or repel you from them because the first interaction with female lips gave you a shock ?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have always liked boobs since i can remember , But my niece came out as gay last year
shock horror ] we have a lessbefriends in the family .

I don't mind if they are gay ,Just dont rub it in my face i tell people
edit on 23/1/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Haha I recall doing that as a kid.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Haha I recall doing that as a kid.

I bet you just loved it when the catalog came out with the bra models and swim wear

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Specimen

My mate from work decided its less hassle to be gay because men are easier to date and pick up than women , he decided that after dating women and failing with them to find love or happiness he decided he'd just date men .

So he says he is gay by choice out of necessity , he has a high sex drive and finds it easier to control that with men that women!

I remember from one of the CSI episodes with Grisome talking about sex stating the only un-natural form of sex is not having any at all, especially in the cities of sin.

It also amazing how the females lack a male insert, but can be such a giant pain in the ass to deal with. Also ironic that lesbians even use a male insert in the first all the while staying they don't need men.
edit on 24-1-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join