It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santana - Soul Sacrifice 1969 "Woodstock" Live Video HQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Anyone old enough to remember this? - Once upon a time, it really happened.....and the music lives on, forever........!!!

Santana - Soul Sacrifice 1969 "Woodstock" Live Video HQ

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I was just 18.....

a reply to: AlienView

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Man the guy on lead snake did a great job.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

me too! best times for music ever!

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I was just a kid, but I loved the music of that era and still do.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

You can tell by looking at their eyes that they loved the weed back then. Some look more fried than others.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
Anyone old enough to remember this? - Once upon a time, it really happened.....and the music lives on, forever........!!!
"Woodstock" Live Video HQ

17 yr old Neal Schon of Journey is the other Santana guitarist on that. (afro hair)
edit on 21-1-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

I've heard Santana regretted taking lsd before he went on stage. He had to fight hard to be able to play it right, and his guitar seemed to have turned into a dragon or something. His drummer was the youngest musician at Woodstock. Great performance!

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The youngest performing musician is probably more accurate. Btw, I was not even a year old (and I was not there).

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

I can't imagine doing '___' before a gig like that. I've never tried it and don't know what its like but I've heard a few stories.

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Great stuff! What a fantastic band all around.

When tube amp snobs puff up about modern solid-state amplification (they get all weepy about it), I ask them what they think about Santana's tone at Woodstock. Of course they dig it!

Then I inform them the amp he's using here is a transistor amp that was built by a young Bob Gallien--of modern-day Gallien Kreuger guitar and bass amplification fame.

Carlos is KILLIN' it with this amp, and there are no tubes in it. And this was 1969!

top topics

join