It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concept of self protection of our ATS Family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
drbryankkruta
Insanity is Blissful
Inquisitor

Mood: Kryptos ???
Member is on ATS now.

ATS Points: 10041

posted on 21/2/2005 at 14:37 Post Number: 1187921 (post id: 1209814) quote
If my suggestion was accepted would there be room for a new rank in file below regular mod for a community council of peers , this would lighten the load on mods as I and others have noticed that their attendance has gaps at time.

to explain what I mean I made the following suggetion in a forum for the discusion of who might make the best new mod out of our group,

Note this is a copy and paste of my suggestion and BTS post as writen when submitted

Just dont put me in the pot what I seen to think is being done wrong in violation of policy I just say hey dude interject dudette where aplicable, you shouldnt aoughta do that because mods drop in an if they see you doing it even after its brought to your attention , they will likely not appreciate the continued violation.

I like the buddy system instead of minimods or lesser mods, for 2 reasons

1 advice is more often recieved easier by those who dont impose power but show respect and caring for their fellow members , by warning them there actions might be viewed as a violation. It is a peer group issue that is true here as much as in the real world.

2 mods are more confined to evenly enforce the rules and may not be allowed to warn excessively like one who is a peer , this booster in extra eyes can often through non power based advise limit involvement and the need for envolvement from mods. This however is not to say that peer advice is always taken , but if the advice isnt taken then so be it , let the mod do what they are supposed to .

We can more effecticely work through peer groups than use of power if people know they once they are given the advice and ignore it then they are subject to no warning action by mods. This being the case because a warning is usually once or twice applied by a mod then action is taken , but if a mod comes in and sees multiple warnings were already made then act immediately without further warning. I say no further warning because the person in question has already been warned and either didnt care or didnt heed the warning by blindness of temper and expression.

Peer acknolegement to jointly enforce the warning process should be more highly exploited and incouraged, a self governing peer group is more relaxed and more likely to build relations of respect and understanding , I myself before a mod even got to the issue I was rude to someone and a peer mentioned it and so I publically appologized and after being sanctioned by a mod again publically appologized to the mods as well.

I found that the appology has bettered my relations with the member I was rude to and now we can even pass jokes in our expressions , and at least on my part has no hardships still connected to that member in fact I have grown to respect that member even when we disagree I disagree with the respect do that person.

The best next mod therefore no offense to those I nominated , is the peer group.....and the peer group should be nurtured , not just theorized by some , know of by others and active in others, we need common ground

Now to elabirate further on the Idea I have come about the idea to avoid any misgivings that there might be a use for a peer council consisting of members of the peer group on ATS voted as respected to bring about suggestion guidelines that fall into a more organized form of mediation with out power .

Suggestion for forming a council ,

1 Council members be here atleast 24 to 50 hours a week in the forum of their choice.

2 Council members coordinate with members on a level of common respect , and to assure this a vote should be taken where in two members be established in each forum by a vote of all the regular members in the forum in question.

3 Council members shall have no executible power but rather use the respect they have earned by being elected to make friendly suggestions and warnings , there by lessening the need for mods to be so over worked, if behavior is not corrected by these respectful peer suggestions then at that point they notify a mod or lower ranking leadership official with the power to sanction , or act not at all and let the mod happen into the thread and when it is noted that a peer council member has warned someone repeatedly and the warnings where not taken the mods act immediately with a sanction without further warning.

4 Notification of sanctions , in the case a warning was not headed and the mods make sanction , so as to avoid problems the peer council member be listed as the warning person and action mod be named as imposing sanction, this will make more understandable to newer people the reason why the mod sanctioned without warning , because a peer council member had already repeatedly warned the offender and those warnings went un heeded.

5 Council members shall have a term of office of no more than one year per term so as to allow new persons to rotate fairly through the position , however in the absence of a newly appointed member , the in cumbant still remain in office for no more than 90 days to allow for volunteers to step forward to be voted on.

6 Reelection of out going members: members of the council who have fulfilled their appointment term are not allowed to run for atleast 1 year after their term IE every two years a council past member shall be qualified to return to the position, unless the position for some reason is vacated during a term.

7 vacation of council member position , in the case of vacation of the post of council member , a poll of past members shall be made to temporarily appoint back to office till replacement is found or the term ends, this however will be a vote of the former council members and not the general membership, and if in the case that a member is reinstalled for these reasons then that member shall have to wait an additional year to become eligable to run for full term.

8 rules of conduct , all council members must display a extreamly well grouped knowledge of rules and policies and be able to show to a person that they are addressing where to find the information they are quoting from the policies and /or be able to find the violation and copy it from the rules and paste it to their suggestion to the offender,

9 all council members are allowed one 2 violations of the rules before the final sanction in which they are to be removed from their position and shall be banned from ever reapplying to the council vote.

10 all council electees once chosen shall remain subject to approval by ATS mod staff , if for any reason the person is not accepted they will immediately loose their status and a second runner up shall then be submitted for approval.

11 Council members should be given the title of "Peer Council Rep. "
for ease of contact and reference so as to be more accessible to others in the community

I know this is a ruff ruff concept but I think the atmosphere of this council is more relaxed than having mods on top of every one every minute of the day
give it some thought and see what you think.

Thanks
Dr Bryan K Kruta

[edit on 21/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

signature
OPINIONS ARE LIKE NOSES EVERY ONE HAS ONE , well except Michael Jackson , but who cares what he thinks. Dr K's Thread
Get Firefox The better browser for cruising the conspiracies of the world.

profile email find posts send U2U aim yahoo
drbryankkruta
Insanity is Blissful
Inquisitor

Member is on ATS now.

posted on 21/2/2005 at 16:02 Post Number: 1188094 (post id: 1209987) quote
I looked back on this annd I got the feeling I may have stepped on some toes if I did please forgive me I am just trying to help.

signature
OPINIONS ARE LIKE NOSES EVERY ONE HAS ONE , well except Michael Jackson , but who cares what he thinks. Dr K's Thread

alien
Maori In Black
Super Moderator

Mood: Lurking

Member is offline.

ATS Points: 15995

posted on 23/2/2005 at 21:48 Post Number: 1194168 (post id: 1216061) quote
quote: Originally posted by drbryankkruta
I looked back on this annd I got the feeling I may have stepped on some toes if I did please forgive me I am just trying to help.

Dude...all good. Any organisation, business or group that isn't open to receiving suggestions that may improve how they operate is a group that is destined to eventually stagnate and fail...

...cheers for your suggestions here...much appreciated and definitely food for thought.

Peace,
ALIEN

signature
quote: "You better wake up. The world you live in is nothing but a sugarcoated topping. There is another world beneath it. The real world...and if you want to survive it you better learn how to PULL THE TRIGGER!"

profile find posts send U2U
drbryankkruta
Insanity is Blissful
Inquisitor

Member is on ATS now.

posted on 24/2/2005 at 02:03 Post Number: 1194485 (post id: 1216378) quote
quote: Originally posted by alien
Dude...all good. Any organisation, business or group that isn't open to receiving suggestions that may improve how they operate is a group that is destined to eventually stagnate and fail...

...cheers for your suggestions here...much appreciated and definitely food for thought.

Peace,
ALIEN

I just hope it is worthy enough to be given a go , I really think it will provide help much needed , I appreciate a Mods time take out of there day to even look at and respond.

signature

infinite
Noise And Kisses
Hatchet Ryda
Writer

Mood: Apathy
Member is offline.

ATS Points: 72487

Ignore this user (info)
ignore

Vote for this user (info)
way above

posted on 24/2/2005 at 02:10 Post Number: 1194499 (post id: 1216392) quote
Excellent work SkepticOverlord
Is it possible that the FSME's can get low key mod facilities for our sections? because it saves us U2U mods to sort out threads that have already been covered and trolling members, etc.

It was just an idea

signature
|NWO index Thread| My E-mail - [[email protected]] - |Blog|

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."
--Josef Stalin

Does the Bible predict the NWO? |Infinite's tears|FSME-ASK ME

profile email find posts send U2U msn yahoo
Croat56

Mood: Drunk
Member was on ATS
30 minutes ago.

ATS Points: 6054

Ignore this user (info)
ignore

way above

posted on 24/2/2005 at 23:48 Post Number: 1197390 (post id: 1219283) quote
Good work drbryankkruta Im on board with your idea

signature
Karlovacko the greatest beer in the world.

drbryankkruta
Insanity is Blissful
Inquisitor

Member is on ATS now.

posted on 25/2/2005 at 01:16 Post Number: 1197522 (post id: 1219415) quote
quote: Originally posted by Croat56
Good work drbryankkruta Im on board with your idea

Tank you , and thank all those who have u2u me with support on this idea I will keep trying to get it off the ground.....I will work with anyone willing to contribute to better this idea so throw me some bones people and we will get them in somehow.

Please send via u2u any suggestions

signature

drbryankkruta
Insanity is Blissful
Inquisitor

Member is on ATS now.

posted on 26/2/2005 at 13:38 Post Number: 1201548 (post id: 1223441) quote
Amendment to terms of operation

12 Peer Council members shall recieve a warning that if they are sanctioned for violations of tos and given a warn as indicated by insignia below avatar , that if the offense accour 3 times within a 30 day period that the Council member in question will be removed from office and disqualified from running again in the next year of legability.

13 Peer council members contributing to a disturbance in action rathers than attempting to offer advice to cease and / or advising a Moderator , shall be immediately removed into office and shall be permanently ban from service in the furture.

14 Disciplinary objection and request for appeal shall be followed and applied for in the following mannor

1. Any member of the council warned or removed from service shall within 24 hours apply for an appeal of descision.

2. The Peer Council's membership setting in active position shall convein a hearing of members acording to the following policies.

a] the full membership shall convein and shall respond for a hearing date with in 72 hours to the appellete.

b] the hearing shall be represented by no less than 75% of the current setting members

c] all hearing shall be held off ATS open forum and further more a hearing discussion shall and will be held confidential by all members of the hearing board and appellete.

d] all findings shall be filed in writing to the ATS Moderator in charge of the forum where the offense was committed.

e] absolutely no hearings will he held or heard on members banned by ATS staff as the Peer Council will not hear these appeals they are the juristiction of ATS not the council.

f] any council member who removal is requested from the council by an ATS Mod , ADMIN or THE ATS Owner shall be immediately removed and shall not be eligable for appeal through the council or ATS the ATS has final say on membership status.

signature

infinite
Noise And Kisses
Hatchet Ryda
Writer

Mood: Apathy
Member is offline.

ATS Points: 72487

Ignore this user (info)
ignore

way above

posted on 26/2/2005 at 20:28 Post Number: 1202261 (post id: 1224154) quote
excellent idea drbryankkruta, good work
not to piss on your work, but one problem i find with it, its never been tried before and it might not work. Some members might see this as turning ATS into a "police board". Not digging your work 'cause it well planned and thought

signature
|NWO index Thread| My E-mail - [[email protected]] - |Blog|

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."
--Josef Stalin

Does the Bible predict the NWO? |Infinite's tears|FSME-ASK ME

profile email find posts send U2U msn yahoo
drbryankkruta
Insanity is Blissful
Inquisitor

Member is on ATS now.

posted on 27/2/2005 at 15:11 Post Number: 1203934 (post id: 1225827) edit quote
quote: Originally posted by infinite
excellent idea drbryankkruta, good work
not to piss on your work, but one problem i find with it, its never been tried before and it might not work. Some members might see this as turning ATS into a "police board". Not digging your work 'cause it well planned and thought

thats why I am polling members for guidlines to make it more acceptable , and also the Council members clearly have no power just for the reason of free commradery,,,,,,lets keep the police ie mods twiddeling there thumbs lets all wor together dont make this a police state.

Its a means of a more relaxed control system that if well worked with keep us from having to keep our mods so busy and improving relations by self advice , no authority is present in the council except for holding hearings on their own so they are held to a standard higher than most, just as mods are expected to do .

signature

00PS
Im stuck in Communist China
American Capitalist Apostate

Mood: Bomb the Earth
Member is on ATS now.

ATS Points: 6343

Ignore this user (info)
ignore

way above

posted on 27/2/2005 at 15:15 Post Number: 1203943 (post id: 1225836) quote
well as someone who deserves disciplinary action lemme tell you this...

a council of elders or whatever you want peers as you say, they will become too much work...it's another step in the chain of command and control that can be very distracting from the main group, the users. In my opinion, if you want a council like that. make it a volunteer thing outside the current set structure of ATS...I studied Community development in college and my interest and focus was in using I.T. to build it. I know that's odd because I got banned from chat, but I got banned for having fun mind you, not being violent and angry!! It's just the wrong fun for this community

So Although it's a good idea, it shouldn't be incorporated into the structure officially. Think of it as a Users Union, who can poll member attitudes and represent the members to the leaders, if the leaders don't listen its bad but they can't always bow to the union eather. Think like school ASB! It's probably a better way to get users involved but to not create too much confusion in the ranks and distractions from our work...

feedback welcome

signature
China Pirate Radio: Live From Inside Mainland China

kinglizard
Mr. Mojo Risin

Mood: Immersed in Art
Member is on ATS now.

ATS Points: 50274

posted on 27/2/2005 at 15:23 Post Number: 1203956 (post id: 1225849) quote
To be perfectly honest I don't think this thread should be used for a discussion on some peer group council idea. This is an official thread form SkepticOverlord outlining the Community Management Mission.

signature

drbryankkruta
Insanity is Blissful
Inquisitor

Member is on ATS now.

posted on 27/2/2005 at 15:24 Post Number: 1203957 (post id: 1225850) edit quote
quote: Originally posted by 00PS
well as someone who deserves disciplinary action lemme tell you this...

a council of elders or whatever you want peers as you say, they will become too much work...it's another step in the chain of command and control that can be very distracting from the main group, the users. In my opinion, if you want a council like that. make it a volunteer thing outside the current set structure of ATS...I studied Community development in college and my interest and focus was in using I.T. to build it. I know that's odd because I got banned from chat, but I got banned for having fun mind you, not being violent and angry!! It's just the wrong fun for this community

So Although it's a good idea, it shouldn't be incorporated into the structure officially. Think of it as a Users Union, who can poll member attitudes and represent the members to the leaders, if the leaders don't listen its bad but they can't always bow to the union eather. Think like school ASB! It's probably a better way to get users involved but to not create too much confusion in the ranks and distractions from our work...

feedback welcome

Having had warns lately would you have felt better someone saying something and maybe you might take the advice , and avoided contact with the mods causing warns which could lead to banning, where as the council cant give warns but remind you to correct it with out discipline being needed,

Its all about family, family watches out for themselves and their family to keep them out of trouble is the way I look at it

signature

drbryankkruta
Insanity is Blissful
Inquisitor

Member is on ATS now.

posted on 27/2/2005 at 15:29 Post Number: 1203964 (post id: 1225857) edit quote
quote: Originally posted by kinglizard
To be perfectly honest I don't think this thread should be used for a discussion on some peer group council idea. This is an official thread form SkepticOverlord outlining the Community Management Mission.

please then allow the content to exist in the same type forum and tell me how to move all the parts on my subject and the responses to same, I just thought the 2 scemes tied together. Should this have been locked if it was not supposed to be added to , when it wasnt locked I thought discussion would be ok there was nothing saying I shouldnt have added on to SO by taking it a step further , sorry , but I did look first before attempting to reply with added feature concepts that I thought would help

[edit on 27/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

signature

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
this is an exact copy of the work and responses to date and I wish more to join in

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN ABANDONED BECAUSE OF MOD DISPLEASURE AND MEMBER INACTIVENESS SORRY FOR TRYING TO HELP AND BY SUCH TAKING UP YOUR TIME AND SPACE

For explination see this thread and you will see why this thread is abandoned.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or use link above posted by SO

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think somebody needs a new hobby.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the local shopping mall is very happy that you are applying your time to some other venture, other than wandering up and down the aisles, harassing the good folks at the GAP.

Maybe try stamp collecting or bird watching.

[edit on 27-2-2005 by brimstone735]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN ABANDONED BECAUSE OF MOD DISPLEASURE AND MEMBER INACTIVENESS SORRY FOR TRYING TO HELP AND BY SUCH TAKING UP YOUR TIME AND SPACE

For explination see this thread and you will see why this thread is abandoned.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or use link above posted by SO

new topics

top topics

join