It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ace Combat 7... if you've completed the campaign, this is the thread for you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I beat the game in less than 24 hours. The story did not grip me the same way Ace Combat 6 did. I wanted to develop a connection to the pilot lead, or the princess, or the scrap queen. However, the story denied me of that. I couldn't care whether any survived the mission. I had to provide CAS for them. Yet no emotional urgency to do so. The end of the story, unabashedly, and foretold from the front mission, explored, boringly, the dynamic of a manned air force vs that of a drone air force.

The game is a 6 out of 10.

The devs tried to return to their roots. But failed in story telling and musical accompaniment.

Ace Combat 6 is a 8 out of 10......

Ace Combat 7 is a 5 out of 10......

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

did you play it on the PS4 VR rig?

I am just waiting for an old prop WWII simulator. I want to fly a spitfire or p-38 and hear their engines purr. The modern jet simulators just don't seem as fun.

Is ace combat 7 realistic? Can you dogfight or is everything at a distance with radar locks and missiles?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Are you able to use a HOTAS?

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So I never played 6, can't say anything about it as I'm not an X-box owner. However, is it better than Assault Horizon? I actually returned that to the store it was so bad. I've only done that two other times in a very long history of buying video games. I was reading that the PS VR for it was pretty solid, so I may take that for a spin, provided it's worth the hype.

Edit: The last one I played with any degree of seriousness was Zero: The Belkan War, which was pretty dang good. I know that's a two generation gap there from Ps2 to Ps4, so I am a little hesitant based on their last Sony outing.
edit on 1/20/19 by Hypntick because: Additional Info

posted on Jan, 21 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
So I never played 6, can't say anything about it as I'm not an X-box owner. However, is it better than Assault Horizon? I actually returned that to the store it was so bad. I've only done that two other times in a very long history of buying video games. I was reading that the PS VR for it was pretty solid, so I may take that for a spin, provided it's worth the hype.

Edit: The last one I played with any degree of seriousness was Zero: The Belkan War, which was pretty dang good. I know that's a two generation gap there from Ps2 to Ps4, so I am a little hesitant based on their last Sony outing.

It is better than assault horizon. However, that's not saying much. I've been playing Ace Combat since Mobius destroyed stonehenge. While AC7 falls back on a lot of lore, that's about all it has going for it.

Ace Combat 6 literally upped the bar so high, that I'm not sure Project Aces can beat it again...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Are you able to use a HOTAS?

Yes they have released a special ace combat edition.

I can also say the the VR is a lot fun would be epic to use both hotas, vr with a really good headphone set up.

top topics

join