It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A poor immigrant who came to America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

They only copy what us Brits and Americans did or are doing to other countries for their resources , We need to get with the programme and catch them up quick

We did the same, but not on their scale...AND it is 2019 so just because something was done in the past do we say oh well we did it too at one time...lol

We don't do what they are doing now, so no catch up...

edit on 20-1-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I will not accept Wikipedia as an academic source. You need access to peer-reviewed publications in support of your thesis to convince me.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Aallanon

Did he come here illegally?

Most Americans did not come here legally according to Native Americans.

Europeans came here and conquered. Period.
The rest is history written by the victors.
Sad but true.

posted on Jan, 20 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

in today's world he would have come here and,

Gotten on food stamps
got a section eight house
went to a liberal indoctrination center (colledge) for free
and
protested the country that coddled him like a baby.

And the world would be darker for it.

that's a pretty harsh thing to say, btw do you know about America's "immigration lawss" in 1890 ... when 'he' came?

obviously not ... that guy did moah for the US and the planet than Newton, Edison and Einstein put together!

having a bad day are we allanon?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

They only copy what us Brits and Americans did or are doing to other countries for their resources , We need to get with the programme and catch them up quick

We did the same, but not on their scale...AND it is 2019 so just because something was done in the past do we say oh well we did it too at one time...lol

We don't do what they are doing now, so no catch up...

I beg to differ , just look at the prison industry for getting people to work for slave wages and all legal

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CanadianMason

I will not accept Wikipedia as an academic source. You need access to peer-reviewed publications in support of your thesis to convince me.

www.google.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I beg to differ , just look at the prison industry for getting people to work for slave wages and all legal

Please explain

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

America can legally treat prisoners as slaves , they are not covered by the constitution and its rights so can be used as slave labor . Just like China uses slave labor in factories/construction

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

America can legally treat prisoners as slaves , they are not covered by the constitution and its rights so can be used as slave labor . Just like China uses slave labor in factories/construction

Can you give me an example of this. Are you talking chain gangs of the past?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

No present day , Sheriff Joe was working the guys for 20c a day for a 12 hr day is all legal and is being done across the nation

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

you are pointing out 'Merit' based immigration guidelines,,,

I came via USS General Langfitt, a ship used to transport Displaced Persons & other Refugees from a German Port in 1950 to Ellis Island for Processing, my sponsor was the Catholic European Children's Refugee Program... I was Assigned to a Catholic Family living in Michigan, USA for Adoption and Naturalization Procedures to be started...

I was Naturalized in 1957 at Harrisburg, PA

taking very young kids and not whole families with various Issues would seem to be the target demographic of desired immigrants that would assimilate into the USA Melting-Pot Society

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I was taught history by a German gentleman who came to the UK after the war , i believe he was from a very upper class as he taught history and sword fighting and trained many champions but he dropped many hints that history was a bit more complicated than what we were being taught .

The point i was trying to make to this thread was America should be looking for good white stock from places like South Africa who have much to offer and there is plenty of space in America to build which would boost the economy .

America is building walls ,China is building railroads to cross continents

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join